xBox360 question

wubi21

A friend of mine has an xBox360 which refuses to powerup. It had an aftermarket cooling fan on the back, kind of a passthrough setup with the powercord. The plugin on the back of the fan unit has burnt and melted, leaving some of the plug inside the power cable for the xBox. I removed the fan, pulled the plastic from the power cable and still no go. The indicator light on the power supply brick glows orange all the time. It seems to not be getting power from the power brick. I think the cable between the power brick and the xBox is bad. If so, can I just buy that cord or do I have to buy the whole thing?

Thanks.

booboo

You should be able to just buy the cable off ebay.

If its not the cable then the chances are its to do with the xbox!

Best bet is to borrow a whole power adapter off your friend to see if it works :)

+Mystic
A friend of mine has an xBox360 which refuses to powerup. It had an aftermarket cooling fan on the back, kind of a passthrough setup with the powercord. The plugin on the back of the fan unit has burnt and melted, leaving some of the plug inside the power cable for the xBox. I removed the fan, pulled the plastic from the power cable and still no go. The indicator light on the power supply brick glows orange all the time. It seems to not be getting power from the power brick. I think the cable between the power brick and the xBox is bad. If so, can I just buy that cord or do I have to buy the whole thing?

Thanks.

Sounds like you got burnt by one of those first edition nyko intercoolers that had all the problems. If it turns out something with your Xbox 360 is critically wrong, MS might not accept it for repairs because of the cooler.