Any suggestions for a smaller LCD Set?

Gamerhomie

I'm looking into painting my room in about a month and with that I'd like to get a new desk and a new tv (as everything I have is huge and ugly, and I have a small room)

Right now I have a 36" JVC I'Art in my room. Really great tv and I have posted this picture in another thread but it is compared to everything:

hpim0063yq2.jpg

It's an older pic, a lot of stuff has been moved and removed.

I've narrowed it down but there are still a lot of choices for me. I'd want something smaller than the 36 inch; no smaller than let's say 24" but no larger than what I have now. Right now from where I sit to the screen of my tv it's about 7 feet apart and the tv is an additional 2 feet in depth. I'd also like to wall mount it to save space and that there is a window to the left of the tv which would eliminate or at least greatly reduce glare. What you see in the above picture is about half my room so I don't have much space to work with.

I have my Super Nintendo, N64, VCR, DVD player, and 360 hooked up to it right now and I use my 360 a lot.

That's about it with specifications. I plan to go to Best buy soon and check out their selections but last time I went there the tvs weren't calibrated correctly (the sdtvs had better picture quality than most of their hdtvs) My budget is somewhere around $600 or 700 tops. Most likely lower.

I'm pretty sure some members here have something close to what I'm looking for so I'm looking for some suggestions.

Gamerhomie

Anyone? :/

+StevoFC

I would go for a 32 inch LCD if i were you. but you have to remember the sd components such as SNES and N64 will be much smaller than you are used to since they will fill up only a portion of the screen. Also with an LCD glare won't be as much of a factor.

Gamerhomie

Thanks. I went to Best Buy today with my friend and we were checking out the tv selection. Like I said, I left disappointed as I thought almost none of them looked superb. Only a few stood out, so I wrote down the model numbers.

At Best Buy, this Sharp is $1,000. At Amazon it's $730.

Still looking around. StevoFC, I settled on something around 32" last night. Seems like a good size but I was wondering if getting any service plan for an lcd is a good idea or not. I didn't buy one for my laptop as I'm very careful with it and nothing has been wrong with it ever since I bought it. If there is anything wrong in the beginning I'm sure I can work out on how to send it back.