Mac OS X 10.5.2

The Finder sidebar animation was always there. Only the menu bar item is new, and very nice too.

If I am not mistaken wasn't it in the early developer buids? And then removed when it was released

Haven't notice any differences, besides the Stacks animations (and Dock as well) being a bit smoother/faster.

Edit: Dashboard seems quicker too, so it appears that Apple tweaked graphics a bit overall.

Hmm, I've restarted like 3 times, but it doesn't get any better. OS X (pre 10.5.2) used to boot to a usable, CPU-idling state in under 20 seconds for me. Now it takes at least 10-15 seconds longer once the desktop has loaded to finish showing the list of menu bar icons and dock. Anyone else noticing a slow down with this update?

Oh man, AWESOME! :D

The stacks used to bug me how the grid vew with many icons (ie my Apps folder) was a big sluggish, now it's smooth as butter :D

I LOVE MY MAC!! :happy:

-Rich-

Hmm, I've restarted like 3 times, but it doesn't get any better. OS X (pre 10.5.2) used to boot to a usable, CPU-idling state in under 20 seconds for me. Now it takes at least 10-15 seconds longer once the desktop has loaded to finish showing the list of menu bar icons and dock. Anyone else noticing a slow down with this update?

What spec machine are you on?

Quicktimes still bust (can't play MP4s)

What spec machine are you on?

Quicktimes still bust (can't play MP4s)

2 GHz Core Duo MacBook Pro. 10.4.x was fast, 10.5.0 was faster, and 10.5.1 was wicked fast, but 10.5.2 is probably on par with Tiger or worse.

EDIT: Grrr. EverQuest used to exit immediately as well. However, now it takes a good 30 seconds. Is there any way to revert back to 10.5.1?????

2 GHz Core Duo MacBook Pro. 10.4.x was fast, 10.5.0 was faster, and 10.5.1 was wicked fast, but 10.5.2 is probably on par with Tiger or worse.

EDIT: Grrr. EverQuest used to exit immediately as well. However, now it takes a good 30 seconds. Is there any way to revert back to 10.5.1?????

ah, quite a modern machine, not without a complete reinstall I think

Not sure why you're having so many problems. I'd suggest a clean install.

Not sure why you're having so many problems. I'd suggest a clean install.

Damnit. I just got Leopard a few weeks ago and did a clean install then. <sigh> I'll live with it for a little while.

I'm seeing this too. It takes several seconds for the menu bar to show up and for the things to load. So far it seems well, otherwise. I'll have to see over the next few days though. :)