Mac OS X 10.5.2

I don't have 10.5.2 yet on any machine, but I do use grid view with all my Stacks. Can someone show a pic of the "new" grid view background? Is it the one .giga posted earlier, where it's more opaque and darker in color?

An app I need to use is still Tiger only. Waiting till I have some more $$$$ then I'm going to get a Intel Mac and start using Leopard. Its a nice OS and will run fabulously on new hardware I reckon. Maybe I should look for win a new Mac contests?? ;)

For those who haven't tried it yet, the Finder Preview oriented feature in Leopard is worth it alone esp. if you organize a lot of documents.

An app I need to use is still Tiger only. Waiting till I have some more $$$$ then I'm going to get a Intel Mac and start using Leopard. Its a nice OS and will run fabulously on new hardware I reckon. Maybe I should look for win a new Mac contests?? ;)

For those who haven't tried it yet, the Finder Preview oriented feature in Leopard is worth it alone esp. if you organize a lot of documents.

Hm?

I don't have 10.5.2 yet on any machine, but I do use grid view with all my Stacks. Can someone show a pic of the "new" grid view background? Is it the one .giga posted earlier, where it's more opaque and darker in color?

I dunno, but here is mine if that helps.

2259458940_3b7f799170_o.png

Edited by Cormier6083

Running this now on my MacBook Pro, everything is running great, feels more solid overall, I've noticed that the screen dimming on my computer fades now instead of just simply dropping to half level. Applications load a bit faster as well. Definitely stable as a rock.

By the way, for those of you who have applied the menu bar opacity trick through Terminal and can't get the menu bar to go translucent/opaque on the fly through System Preferences, you must revert the hack by running the following commands:

sudo defaults delete /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.WindowServer 'EnvironmentVariables'

sudo plutil -convert xml1 /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.WindowServer.plist

sudo chmod 644 /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.WindowServer.plist

This will delete the hack from the plist file, convert the plist to plain XML, and reset the permissions on the file. Once reverted, just restart and then you'll be able to change the menu bar opacity setting through System Preferences.

I dunno, but here is mine if that helps.

screen-capture-1.png

Oh, so yeah, it does appear to be darker and more opaque. Not a major change, but I do like it a bit better than before.

I've also noticed that the fonts on the opaque menu bar are much smoother and more anti-aliased than they were on the transparent menu bar. Look at the "w" in "Window" to see what I mean.

I wonder if this update will fix a networking issue I've been having lately, in which I could not access the Mac from the PC, yet I can do it the other way around no problem. Guess that will have to wait until tomorrow.

Oh, so yeah, it does appear to be darker and more opaque. Not a major change, but I do like it a bit better than before.

I've also noticed that the fonts on the opaque menu bar are much smoother and more anti-aliased than they were on the transparent menu bar. Look at the "w" in "Window" to see what I mean.

Mind requoting me? I edited the photo from... evidence. :D

Well, I do notice that it is a bit snappier. User switching is a lot faster.

That's because the translucent menu bar doesn't use sub-pixel anti-aliasing, whereas the opaque menu bar does.

The Time Machine menu extra spins when it back up. That is awesome. It also includes a warning symbol when a backup failed.

Edited by osirisX

I've got the most recent revision MacBook, does anyone with the same configuration notice the dock being choppier after applying both the 10.5.2 Update and the Leopard Graphics Update? Minimizing is also extremely choppy. All of Leopard's other pre-existing choppy graphics issues have been cleared up and it's is running smooth as butter. All except for the dock and minimizing and restoring to and from the dock.

I've got the most recent revision MacBook, does anyone with the same configuration notice the dock being choppier after applying both the 10.5.2 Update and the Leopard Graphics Update? Minimizing is also extremely choppy. All of Leopard's other pre-existing choppy graphics issues have been cleared up and it's is running smooth as butter. All except for the dock and minimizing and restoring to and from the dock.

Dock is very smooth for me on the first gen Macbook. (1.8 CD and GMA950) This is with the 2D dock though and 2GB ram.