Mac OS X 10.5.2

Installed and working, the download took about 2 minutes and weighed in at 180MB but the install took a good 15 minutes followed by two restarts, Only change i've noticed so far is that mail.app disabled the Growl Plugin. WebKit does seam to run faster too.

Going to have a play after college, once again thanks for the heads up.

My update was 341MB too. But OS X is perfect now, for me. (Y)

nice! ive been looking forward to this update for quite some time..

download update: 15.4mb, eta still approx 2 hours lol

Well - it didn't fix the two bugs for me...

* External USB harddrive drops to USB1.1 speeds every time the Mac is rebooted :(

* Poor performance of 3D effects (dock magnification / genie effect)

I'm actually starting to think that the poor 3D performance is just down to the onboard GMA950 being completely unable to do the effects at 1600x1200 as it works mostly ok in 1280x1024... I guess I just need a more powerful Mac! The USB drive thing though is a REAL pain in the backside and the best advice I have been given is to "buy a firewire drive as USB sucks" - a completely idiotic response as the USB drive used to work perfectly in Tiger, and of course works fine on Windows and Linux!

I didn't actually have any other issues with Leopard though so the update is a dissappointment for me as it didn't fix the things that were bugging me!

Still haven't fixed a few bugs I've been experiencing that they've acknowledged as problems at Bug Tracker :no:

But apart from that it does feel snappier/smoother.

Is it me or is Safari faster now? I see it's been reported that the new version of WebKit is really fast but didn't see that Safari has been updated with it for the update.

Still haven't fixed a few bugs I've been experiencing that they've acknowledged as problems at Bug Tracker :no:

But apart from that it does feel snappier/smoother.

Is it me or is Safari faster now? I see it's been reported that the new version of WebKit is really fast but didn't see that Safari has been updated with it for the update.

Safari was updated. The update disabled my Saft because the Safari application had been updated.

* External USB harddrive drops to USB1.1 speeds every time the Mac is rebooted :(

* Poor performance of 3D effects (dock magnification / genie effect)

I would point my finger at the 950 too - it's just not powerful enough to provide hi-resolution 3D effects.

What drive is it by the way, perhaps there's a conflict in Leopard with the particular drive and firmware/controller? A workaround per chance?

What USB drive is it? I have an old Lacie D2 Triple Interface drive and it works at USB2 speeds after restarts.

It's a Seagate Freeagent mate. It's been raised on Apple support forums and i've got a fair few people coming in to say they're suffering the same problem :(

Only way to cure it is to unmount the disk, disconnect and reconnect it.. fine but having to do it EVERY day is starting to grate :(

It's a Seagate Freeagent mate. It's been raised on Apple support forums and i've got a fair few people coming in to say they're suffering the same problem :(

Only way to cure it is to unmount the disk, disconnect and reconnect it.. fine but having to do it EVERY day is starting to grate :(

Does it happen even after putting your Mac to sleep? If not, that could be a workaround for the time being instead of shutting down your Mac. Any info on Seagate's website regarding firmware update for your drive? Did you have the drive connected when you updated to Leopard?

I just installed it tonight, and as of now, it's faster and more responsive than before (especially the stacks) and well, the features they added (or re-added) are nice...

What I am really missing is the old way Spotlight used to sort things in Tiger in the Spotlight window. Now it sorts the files in a messy way in the Finder, while it used to sort them by pictures, apps, documents, etc. and you could uncheck what you didn't want...

I just installed it tonight, and as of now, it's faster and more responsive than before (especially the stacks) and well, the features they added (or re-added) are nice...

What I am really missing is the old way Spotlight used to sort things in Tiger in the Spotlight window. Now it sorts the files in a messy way in the Finder, while it used to sort them by pictures, apps, documents, etc. and you could uncheck what you didn't want...

Apple wants you to add "kind:whatever" to your search instead.

Does the drive have an "off" switch on the back? cause if it does why not simply turn the drive off when restarting your Mac? I dont bother unmounting drives, I just pull them out and put it back in.

Does it happen even after putting your Mac to sleep? If not, that could be a workaround for the time being instead of shutting down your Mac. Any info on Seagate's website regarding firmware update for your drive? Did you have the drive connected when you updated to Leopard?

My Mac is asleep today so i'll see what it's like tonight when I get home. No information at all about a firmware update for it sadly. As for having it connected - I reinstalled Leopard again 2 nights ago just to make sure it was nothing i'd installed that was messing things up, and left the USB drive disconnected until i'd finished installing and had gone up to 10.5.1... I then completely blasted and repartitioned the drive (GUID partition type, 1 single large partition) and connected it up. After a reboot, it was slow again.

I appreciate your suggestions / ideas for resolving this though mate :)

Does the drive have an "off" switch on the back? cause if it does why not simply turn the drive off when restarting your Mac?

No - has no off switch irritatingly. I'd prefer not to just yank the power either!

To be honest I don't know who to blame here - Seagate or Apple? I want to buy a firewire drive but refuse to just accept the Seagate as a bad purchase and put it in a drawer, as I doubt the retailer I got it from will take it back.

*edit*

Discussion at the Apple forums about this: http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?m...94&tstart=0

Edited by Chicane-UK

Where can you report Leopard bugs to Apple?

Here https://bugreport.apple.com

Apple wants you to add "kind:whatever" to your search instead.

Yea, try things like

kind:movie 'typesearchhere'

kind:document 'typesearchhere'

kind:music 'typesearchhere'

kind:photoshop 'typesearchhere'

kind:del.icio.us 'typesearchhere'

etc...

Works well & you can speed up/simplify typing by using TextExpander for all the different kinds you regularly search for.

For example I type kmm which will expand to kind:movie , kdd which will expand to kind:document etc...

Anybody else have a newish GMA x3100 Macbook with VMWare fusion installed?

The display of XP on it has become much slower but it seems nobody else has reported it (the rest of the system feels faster than before). Scrolling text, resizing or moving windows around are now very choppy.

I've tried rebooting and reinstalling VMWare to no avail.

Anybody else have a newish GMA x3100 Macbook with VMWare fusion installed?

The display of XP on it has become much slower but it seems nobody else has reported it (the rest of the system feels faster than before). Scrolling text, resizing or moving windows around are now very choppy.

I've tried rebooting and reinstalling VMWare to no avail.

Have you installed the Leopard Graphics update?