• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

YouTube video causes Baltimore Officer to be Suspended

Yusuf M.    1,362

That police officer went overboard. How could he push a little 14 year old boy like that. That's physical and verbal abuse. If that happened to me or my brother, I'd take it straight to court if I could. :|

Near the very end when he asks if that's a camera, he says "If I find myself on...." and it seems like he was going to say YouTube because I heard a "u" sound.

Impact    0

That officer is an effing pig.

Fred Derf    217

Police are there to enforce the laws. If someone is breaking the law they have the right to arrest. They do not have the right to inflict their own on the spot punishment. There is a reason why the police are separate from the judicial system.

[Threads Merged]

I'm glad he was suspended. Unchecked action like that will drive an "Us vs Them" wedge throughout society.

Edited by Fred Derf

gigapixels    99

I think they were both in the wrong, and I particularly agree with Fred Derf's post.

CactuzJak    24

Now while I think todays youth is quite sad and pathetic, I do believe this officer was way out of line. By the size of the officer there is no rhyme or reason as to why he has to man handle a skinny kid to get a skateboard away from him. It should have been quite an easy task to get the skateboard away without such force. Basically to me looks like a roid raging cop on a power trip. Also, no one deserves respect no matter what you do, you earn it.

ThaCrip    605

screw cops.... there pretty much useless as most of em are in it for the 'power' more than to 'help people' :(

cause basic speeding tickets etc.... are just a waste of time if you ask me for the most part... i personally think it's just there for the gov to make more money to pay for crap :(

Lqv2015    35

I've literally seen cops turning on their sirens just to run a red light. "GFTO!"

DELTETHISACCOUNT    0
I've literally seen cops turning on their sirens just to run a red light. "GFTO!"

Superbad :p

Umbrello    1
I'm glad he was suspended. Unchecked action like that will drive an "Us vs Them" wedge throughout society.

Suspended with pay, mind you. He just has to do paper work, that's his big punishment. He'll probably be out on the street in no time. :s

Denis W.    731

Tell me about it. I regularly see Toronto cops make U-turns at major intersections. :rolleyes:

That's not to say all cops are arses. I remember this cop that was patrolling Finch station on New Years Day. He helped us snap a group picture shot (and he posed in one picture too... lmao). (Y)

But this f**ker should be suspended. End of. Just because some drivers gave you hell over parking tickets or whatnot doesn't give you the goddamn right to go ape**** on kids. Seriously, and you wonder why cops in major cities are so hated on sometimes. :rolleyes:

Fred Derf    217
Tell me about it. I regularly see Toronto cops make U-turns at major intersections. :rolleyes:

U-turns are not illegal in Ontario unless posted. You just need to be able to see 150 metres in all road directions (or something to that effect). Taxis do them and I do them all the time..

Tha Bloo Monkee    591

^ I didn't know that... :s

Deathray    4

U-turns are normal, what ****es me off is when the cops hit the flashers and go through a red light, and about 10 meters onto the other side, they turn off the lights... it's such a **** off. Sure, there are emergencies that require they do that, but when they do what i've seen, they just don't want to wait like everyone else

Lyric    14

I would've kept calling him dude, whats he going to do? Punch me? I would've actually tried to provoke him into hitting me so I could get rich off his fat arse and his lovely Department.

This is one of those cops that had a bad life as a kid, and he became a cop to get revenge.

Denis W.    731
U-turns are not illegal in Ontario unless posted. You just need to be able to see 150 metres in all road directions (or something to that effect). Taxis do them and I do them all the time..

My dad keeps telling me the opposite :unsure:

According to the driver's handbook I used for my G1 exit test last year:

Before you make a U-turn, check to make sure there is no sign saying not to.

To make a U-turn safety, you must be able to see well in both directions. It is illegal to make a U-turn on a curve in the road, on or near a railway crossing or hilltop, or near a bridge or tunnel that blocks your view. Never make a U-turn unless you can see at least 150 metres in both directions.

there's nothing about intersections, so I guess you're right. Or maybe it's a Toronto bylaw.

zivan56    22

Someone please put Mr Tough Guy in the slammer so he can learn some manners while being Bubba's "wife." for a couple of weeks. Then he will learn to act like a human being.