Simple Prayer Brings Man Back to Life

CyberManifest
first: as for this being a maricle, the Vatican has only recognized like 4 events in human history as maricles. i doubt this will be one of them

2nd: this article is pure bullsh*t

another one of those "god is good" chain letter stories that are made up

you don't turn black after 40 minutes of heart failure and they certainly don't try to revive you for 40 minute straight. you have massive brain damage after 5 minutes of no oxygen so there's no point after that

the only thing that makes your skin black are frost bite, snake venom, burns and some chemical reactions

1st. The Vatican doesn't represent all Christians, only the Catholics

2nd. This whole story is a matter of Faither; either you believe or you don't.

3rd. If people can atribute being shocked back to life after 40 minutes to science then why can't they accept a blackened body after 40 minutes (attributed to sciense if they wish).

4th. never say "only" because this universe is filled with infiniate possibilities

the only thing that makes your skin black are frost bite, snake venom, burns and some chemical reactions

So what, it couldn't be a bizar molecular reaction or perhaps some type of energy reaction or bad lighting, or insect reaction, etc.

5th. For all you athiest, who is worse off if they're wrong? If I'm wrong and there is no God then oh well I'm dead that's the end of it and I'm none the wiser, but if You're wrong and there is a God and you chose not to believe then there's a possibility that you die and burn, be tortured, and tormented in Hell for all eternity. (Apply that Logic and Science if you will.)

6th. Something that I don't see adressed here is what about the guy that died's experience after the events took place or while it was taking place. Allow science to explain his encounterment with "Bob". And if he was a non believer before then why wouldn't he hold on to his beliefes and suggest his experiences were somehow scientific related or explained; no he decided to change his life religiously after that... why?

7th. I'll admit there may be some scientific merit here, but I believe God works in mysterious ways and sometimes those ways are through the instrament of science. After all he is credited with creating everything in exsistance; including Science.

8th. People will think and believe what they want to think and believe. He're is something to wrap your mind around; if there is a God I suspect his powers are beyond our comprehension and beyond our explination. Maybee that wich people believe is only for their handle or ability to faithem that wich isn't comprehensionable. Sometimes the realest thing can be fake and the fakest thing can be real. We as humans dwarf in comparison to the possibilites and to the endlessness of exsistance; we are limited by our capacities; so expand your capacity to never end... and no I don't mean add on modules to your brain I mean accept the unacceptable ;)

CelticWhisper
I'll think about the possibility about this being caused by science while you watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjXXuj-bRFY

Nothing is "caused by science." Science is the process of studying things to find out what does cause them.

teriba
I'm not a genius, but I already know how it worked. You can save more lives by praying and believing.

Actually they proved that prayer REDUCES your chances of being healed:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12082681/

In the largest study of its kind, researchers found that having people pray for heart bypass surgery patients had no effect on their recovery. In fact, patients who knew they were being prayed for had a slightly higher rate of complications.
TheElite
It is still intellectual laziness.

Erm, how? Scientists and theists trying to find something out is laziness?

Show me

a) when they ever found tried to find out how or why god did it

b) how or why god did it

Whose they?

CelticWhisper
3rd. If people can atribute being shocked back to life after 40 minutes to science then why can't they accept a blackened body after 40 minutes (attributed to sciense if they wish).

Because the probability of resuscitation after 40 minutes, while statistically low, is still higher than the probability of decomposition taking effect that quickly.

5th. For all you athiest, who is worse off if they're wrong? If I'm wrong and there is no God then oh well I'm dead that's the end of it and I'm none the wiser, but if You're wrong and there is a God and you chose not to believe then there's a possibility that you die and burn, be tortured, and tormented in Hell for all eternity. (Apply that Logic and Science if you will.)

I tackled this one in the religion thread. The point I made was that religion limits freedom by making nebulous threats. There may or may not be an afterlife. We do not know, but we have zero evidence to suggest it. This current life, however, we are certain that we have. I would rather enjoy this life to the fullest and worry about an afterlife when I get there than risk missing out on life-enriching experiences for fear of angering my myth-daddy who threatens to torture and burn me because he loves me. No thanks, G-man, I saw how you expressed your so-called "love" to Jesus and being hung out to dry in the desert sun while bleeding like a stuck pig ain't my idea of father-son bonding.

No, I'll make the most of the one and only life that I'm certain about having, and if we can find ways to prolong it and revive people who die from heart problems, then all the better, as they'll have more time to get the most out of their lives.

6th. Something that I don't see adressed here is what about the guy that died's experience after the events took place or while it was taking place. Allow science to explain his encounterment with "Bob". And if he was a non believer before then why wouldn't he hold on to his beliefes and suggest his experiences were somehow scientific related or explained; no he decided to change his life religiously after that... why?

I know, it's sad isn't it? To hold to reason and logic one's whole life and then throw it away for the lie-in-the-sky. Disgusting, too, what the doctor did. Save a man's life through the science of medicine and then use his subsequent gratitude and emotional vulnerability to install a faith virus and potentially destroy what life he has left by shackling him with the chains of belief.

7th. I'll admit there may be some scientific merit here, but I believe God works in mysterious ways and sometimes those ways are through the instrament of science. After all he is credited with creating everything in exsistance; including Science.

So we have one opinion and one case of misattributed credit. Next.

8th. People will think and believe what they want to think and believe. He're is something to wrap your mind around; if there is a God I suspect his powers are beyond our comprehension and beyond our explination. Maybee that wich people believe is only for their handle or ability to faithem that wich isn't comprehensionable. Sometimes the realest thing can be fake and the fakest thing can be real. We as humans dwarf in comparison to the possibilites and to the endlessness of exsistance; we are limited by our capacities; so expand your capacity to never end... and no I don't mean add on modules to your brain I mean accept the unacceptable ;)

Two opinions, one case of misattributed credit, and more logical impossibilities and contradictions in terms than I care to address at this point.

Erm, how? Scientists and theists trying to find something out is laziness?

Ah-ah, stop. I see what you did there, lumping theists in with scientists trying to figure something out. Scientists try to figure things out in order to understand how things work. Theists try to figure things out in order to understand how to make themselves and others believe that god made things work.

It's the same as the copout answer of "god made species evolve" or "god made the big bang" or "god created science." Totally intellectually lazy, intellectually dishonest, and zero credit to the scientific pursuit of knowledge.

CyberManifest
Because the probability of resuscitation after 40 minutes, while statistically low, is still higher than the probability of decomposition taking effect that quickly.

I tackled this one in the religion thread. The point I made was that religion limits freedom by making nebulous threats.

Where are these statistics? I would like Proof of this statement and not a generalized personal assesment.

Correction: you "feel" religion "limits freedom" there is no "proof"

And it's not a threat if a person is doing it to themself.

There may or may not be an afterlife. We do not know, but we have zero evidence to suggest it.

"Evidence" is controversally definable; while there are numerous recorded instances of people claiming they have witnessed an afterlife after near death experiences. Also, what ever happened to the notion "I think therefor I am." If an aferlife can be concieved and thought of then why can't it exsist? It does exsist if only on paper or in peoples minds.

This current life, however, we are certain that we have. I would rather enjoy this life to the fullest and worry about an afterlife when I get there than risk missing out on life-enriching experiences for fear of angering my myth-daddy who threatens to torture and burn me because he loves me.

Who are you to say that this life isn't a dream and all that seems real, isn't indeed, in comparison to what is real? "Certainty" again can be controversally defined. It's all dependent on if your pitching or catching... It's in the eye of the beholder. Why do you suggest that you would "be missing out on life-enriching experiences"? There's really no reason you can't be a believer and have "life-enriching" experiences. Obviously your so called "myth-daddy" isn't the same God I was refrencing to in my previous post, because the Biblical God I was refrencing to doesn't "threaten and torture and burn because he loves you."

No thanks, G-man, I saw how you expressed your so-called "love" to Jesus and being hung out to dry in the desert sun while bleeding like a stuck pig ain't my idea of father-son bonding.

Again, who's this G-man you speak of? Not a corilation to the Biblical God I was refrencing to. The God I was speaking of did love his son Jesus, but was willing to sacrafice that love to forgive the sins of the world he also loved, that and he knew that while Jesus endored so much torture and torment that he was above any man that ever exsisted and was able to handle it; he was the living embodyment of God himself after all. The Biblical God I was refrencing to didn't "hang" his son "out to dry in the desert sun"; the people more specifically the soldiers "hung" Jesus to a cross, and if you would read the passages, it rained after that so there wasn't any "desert sun" and some scholors believe Jesus died of affixiation and not "bleeding like a stuck pig." The Bible doesn't mention this was a form of "bonding" so where you got that is beyond me. Might I add Jesus rose from the dead after that and assended into Heaven.

No, I'll make the most of the one and only life that I'm certain about having, and if we can find ways to prolong it and revive people who die from heart problems, then all the better, as they'll have more time to get the most out of their lives.

I know, it's sad isn't it?

To hold to reason and logic one's whole life and then throw it away for the lie-in-the-sky.

I've already addressed the "certain" thing above. And prolonged life doesnt garentee an oportunity to "get the most out of their lives"; that's definable in the experience of the beholder; life is what you make of it.

No, it isn't sad.

All a mater of perspective. And what is this "lie-in-the-sky"? Give me proof it's a "lie". "Innocent till prooven guilty"

Disgusting, too, what the doctor did. Save a man's life through the science of medicine and then use his subsequent gratitude and emotional vulnerability to install a faith virus and potentially destroy what life he has left by shackling him with the chains of belief.

So we have one opinion and one case of misattributed credit. Next.

Two opinions, one case of misattributed credit, and more logical impossibilities and contradictions in terms than I care to address at this point.

Again matter of perspective. You feel it's "discusting" for a doctor to "save a life" by any meanse? Whoa, don't go to a hospital then man, you'll really get sick. You only assume and can't prove that the person was "emotionally vulnerable" you don't know because you aren't him. There is no proof that "faith" "destroyes" "life", if anything, many have been exposed to quite the oposite. "Chains of belief" is an oxymoron... Your belifes are limited or chained to only your self acceptence of limits.

Prove that it's "misattributed credit."

"Next", great argument, you have to dismiss because you can not adress.

My opinion can easily be reassesed as the opinions of "many"

I've already addressed the "misattributed credit" above.

Where are the "logical impossibilities"?; that is also an oxymoron, "logic" has no boundaries other than those implicitly imposed.

Where are the "contradiciton"; also a term that is controversally definied.

You only care what you want to care about; and you cared enough to post these arguments.

CelticWhisper

Where are these statistics? I would like Proof of this statement and not a generalized personal assesment.

I can't link you directly at this instant due to reasons explained in my sig. However, check http://ncbi.nih.gov and search PubMed for statistical data on resuscitation by electric shock.

Correction: you "feel" religion "limits freedom" there is no "proof"

And it's not a threat if a person is doing it to themself.

How is there no proof? In my country it is perfectly legal for me to live, sleep, have sex, raise childern with my girlfriend without ever getting married. I can eat meat on Fridays and go into the office on Sundays. I can say what I want, think what I want, read what I want, see what I want, all whenever I want as long as it's legal. Were I to follow a religion, I would not be able to do some or all of these things because I would be subjected to additional restrictions (e.g. sex before marriage makes god mad, how dare you not let god have his way).

while there are numerous recorded instances of people claiming they have witnessed an afterlife after near death experiences. Also, what ever happened to the notion "I think therefor I am." If an aferlife can be concieved and thought of then why can't it exsist? It does exsist if only on paper or in peoples minds.

Cogito, ergo sum was an exercise in the nature of human consciousness and perception. Existential philosophy is a far cry from the debate over the possible existence of an afterlife. The ability to think and perceive is proof positive of the existence of a person. Even if it were not, the ability of others to perceive him would satisfy any doubts.

Regardless, the existence of an afterlife is not a philosophical matter, it is a scientific one. Either there is or there is not a heaven that exists in and of itself as a distinct person, place, or thing. One or the other. Yes or no.

Who are you to say that this life isn't a dream and all that seems real, isn't indeed, in comparison to what is real? "Certainty" again can be controversally defined. It's all dependent on if your pitching or catching... It's in the eye of the beholder.

Once again, I'm not addressing philosophical questions here as they serve only to distract from the matter at hand: whether or not the heart patient was healed by god as opposed to medical knowledge and the skill of a physician.

Why do you suggest that you would "be missing out on life-enriching experiences"? There's really no reason you can't be a believer and have "life-enriching" experiences.

Religion limits freedom. Limited freedom means limited range of possible experience. If there are things that cannot be done then there are resulting things that cannot be experienced. By maximizing the amount of things that can be done, we in turn maximize the amount of resultant things that can be experienced. By maximizing the amount of things that can be experienced, we maximize the amount of things that can be experienced which are potentially life-enriching. Of course the door swings both ways, there are things that can be harmful too, but there are risks that come with anything and the potential rewards are, at least to me, worth the potential risks.

Obviously your so called "myth-daddy" isn't the same God I was refrencing to in my previous post, because the Biblical God I was refrencing to doesn't "threaten and torture and burn because he loves you."

Explain how the same god who sends people to hell for not giving him his way will turn around and revive a dying heart patient. Is god bipolar? Multiple personalities, perhaps?

Again, who's this G-man you speak of? Not a corilation to the Biblical God I was refrencing to. The God I was speaking of did love his son Jesus

Who was also, paradoxically, god himself as well as the son of a human who had never actually received the genetic code of a mate as well as half-man half-god and in spite of it all, able to die anyway.

but was willing to sacrafice that love

How humanitarian.

Pity he ****ed away the meaning of his sacrifice by both bringing Jesus back to life and hauling his perforated ass back up to heaven as well as continuing to send people to hell anyway.

to forgive

And then unforgive and send people to hell anyway.

the sins

Which, conveniently, he himself defines.

of the world he also loved

And to which he shows his love by flooding it, killing firstborn children, unleashing natural disasters, killing American troops in Iraq (if you believe the Phelps story that it's punishment for homosexuality), and still sending people to hell.

that and he knew that while Jesus endored so much torture and torment that he was above any man that ever exsisted and was able to handle it

Oh, yeah, I'd love to sit in on THAT child-abuse hearing. "Your honor, I know I beat my son daily with an extension cord and only feed him once a week, but HE CAN HANDLE IT!"

he was the living embodyment of God himself after all.

So he was able to die becaaaaaaause...why again?

The Biblical God I was refrencing to didn't "hang" his son "out to dry in the desert sun"; the people more specifically the soldiers "hung" Jesus to a cross

But you said god "sacrificed his love" and sent Jesus to die to forgive people's sins.

So which was it? The people for sticking him to the cross, or god for sending him down to die in the first place? Or do you blame both? But if you blame god, god will send you to hell because he gets mad, so we better just blame the people.

and if you would read the passages, it rained after that so there wasn't any "desert sun" and some scholors believe Jesus died of affixiation and not "bleeding like a stuck pig."

Oh, I get it now. I can choose to either suffocate or bleed to death. Wait, where's option C: "Don't die at all?" Not there? Rats.

Bleeding, asphyxiation, starvation, heat stroke, makes no difference. He's still dead.

Might I add Jesus rose from the dead after that and assended into Heaven.

Oh, guess he's not dead after all. So then...did god change his mind? "Oops, sorry son, I just had a bad day at the office. Sorry about that sending you down to be tortured and murdered in a gruesome fashion. C'mon back up here, we'll have a beer and talk."

I've already addressed the "certain" thing above. And prolonged life doesnt garentee an oportunity to "get the most out of their lives"; that's definable in the experience of the beholder; life is what you make of it.

Which ain't a whole hell of a lot if you're DEAD.

And what is this "lie-in-the-sky"? Give me proof it's a "lie". "Innocent till prooven guilty"

Oh, so NOW we're applying courtroom standards of evidence? Gee, why didn't you apply those standards when it was time to show that God was real?

Burden of proof is on the one making the claim. The default condition is in the negative. Not existing, not doing, not believing, not going, etc. You claim that "in addition, there is a god and a heaven and a hell and..." Without proof we have no good reason to believe you.

Again matter of perspective. You feel it's "discusting" for a doctor to "save a life" by any meanse?

No, it's disgusting to take religious advantage of someone who is in a weakened physical or mental state.

You only assume and can't prove that the person was "emotionally vulnerable" you don't know because you aren't him.

You're right, and you have me on that one. Nevertheless, I'll appeal to common sense. You stagger into a hospital. You have a heart attack. An hour later, you've just come back from the f*cking dead. What do you THINK your emotional state is going to be like?

There is no proof that "faith" "destroyes" "life"

Oh, I was so hoping you'd say that.

Crusades.

Spanish Inquisition.

Salem Witch Trials.

Joan of Arc.

Honor killings.

Beheading for the "crime" of ceasing to believe in god/allah.

Hate crimes against homosexuals.

Murders of doctors who perform abortions.

New York City on September 11, 2001.

Phelps family demonstrations at military funerals.

Pat Robertson and company claiming that 9/11 was "God's punishment for homosexuality."

Do I have to keep going? This is going to get merged with the ORT at some point anyway, so I might as well go all-out.

if anything, many have been exposed to quite the oposite.

However, whatever positive effects they experienced were due to processes in their own brains or due to the actions of other people who could have done the exact same things for them even if religion were not involved. Seriously, read the ORT in Members' Metropolis. I've tackled these points already.

"Chains of belief" is an oxymoron... Your belifes are limited or chained to only your self acceptence of limits.

...What?

Prove that it's "misattributed credit."

Prove that it isn't. Again, default is disbelief, burden of proof is on the claimant.

"Next", great argument, you have to dismiss because you can not adress.

Just addressed. Happy now?

My opinion can easily be reassesed as the opinions of "many"

So popularity makes an opinion true? Remember that it was once the opinion of many that the Earth was the centre of the universe. Damn that pesky Galileo.

Where are the "logical impossibilities"?; that is also an oxymoron, "logic" has no boundaries other than those implicitly imposed. Where are the "contradiciton"; also a term that is controversally definied.

"ability to faithem that wich isn't comprehensionable"

"Sometimes the realest thing can be fake and the fakest thing can be real."

"I mean accept the unacceptable"

Once given a moment's thought and once subjected to standards of logic (not to mention language mechanics), these become patently untrue. If something is unacceptable, it by definition cannot be accepted, and so telling people to accept it might as well be telling them to walk through walls.

You only care what you want to care about; and you cared enough to post these arguments.

Because as harsh as I'm coming across, I appreciate that you actually addressed my points directly. JasonC will just try to "laugh off" the arguments we present him and does nothing to serve the debate.

I attacked your points viciously and intend to continue to do so. You, however, I respect plenty because you understand how to adhere to the protocol of a debate.

Impact

Just because some preachers are crooked doesn't mean that all the people that follow that religion are crooked. Just like some atheists would be willing to kill a Christian because of their beliefs, but that's not what most atheists are like...

CyberManifest

Ok, I'm not going to argue with you any longer it's a waste of my time to argue with someone so arogantly nieve and stuborn. Your interpritation of the Bible and God's message is misleading at best. Certain aspects of a Christian lifestyle maybee frowned upon but hardly means that they're impossible to do or that they can't be forgiven for. As for making God mad, perhaps the ways you live make other people mad yet your still able to do them, just like something that is done may make God mad but your still able to do them. One man's proofs are another man's lies and one man's lies are another man's proofs. Your silly to assume that all Christians think and act and follow the same structure of a life; there is tramendous amount of diversity. The Bible can be interpriteted in many ways but the main picture remains the same; only those who seek it and truely believe will understand, it if says so. I can understand your lostness to explain things religiously; that requires an act of Faith, wich you're obviously lacking in. Anyhow, enough said... Your going to continue to think the way you do and I'm going to continue to think the way I do... I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. By the way, you really should research more on something you know little of before making unsubstantiated claims, it just makes you look foolish to those that have researched and do know. Much of your interpritations are twisted to your own personal perceptions and not the universal message they intend to get across. But to each his own. Live and Let Live or as the Beatles said "Live and Let Die".

PermaSt0ne
Ok, I'm not going to argue with you any longer it's a waste of my time to argue with someone so arogantly nieve and stuborn. Your interpritation of the Bible and God's message is misleading at best. Certain aspects of a Christian lifestyle maybee frowned upon but hardly means that they're impossible to do or that they can't be forgiven for. As for making God mad, perhaps the ways you live make other people mad yet your still able to do them, just like something that is done may make God mad but your still able to do them. One man's proofs are another man's lies and one man's lies are another man's proofs. Your silly to assume that all Christians think and act and follow the same structure of a life; there is tramendous amount of diversity. The Bible can be interpriteted in many ways but the main picture remains the same; only those who seek it and truely believe will understand, it if says so. I can understand your lostness to explain things religiously; that requires an act of Faith, wich you're obviously lacking in. Anyhow, enough said... Your going to continue to think the way you do and I'm going to continue to think the way I do... I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. By the way, you really should research more on something you know little of before making unsubstantiated claims, it just makes you look foolish to those that have researched and do know. Much of your interpritations are twisted to your own personal perceptions and not the universal message they intend to get across. But to each his own. Live and Let Live or as the Beatles said "Live and Let Die".

he is only as "nieve and stuborn" as you are. his interpretation isn't misleading, it's his interpretation. when your faith leaves interpretation open to the reader then all interpretations are correct. there is no "main picture" and it certainly does not stay the same as it has changed many many times in human history

if you want to believe a book that says the earth is only 6,000 years old, then.....yea. you do that but don't argue with people about your faith when your faith has no exact rules or beliefs. it's open to all for interpretation and all interpretations are correct

anyways, humans don't turn black and decompose in 40 minutes so it's a made up story like usuall

remix17

It amazes me how people claim that God is beyond comprehension, and then ascribe him human emotions like anger or love. I have news for everyone: emotions are nothing more than mechanisms that assure our survival. So why would be a perfect being worry about survival and be guided by such primitive devices as emotions? Makes no sense at all. Oh I know I know... God is beyond comprehension.

TheElite
Religion limits freedom. Limited freedom means limited range of possible experience. If there are things that cannot be done then there are resulting things that cannot be experienced. By maximizing the amount of things that can be done, we in turn maximize the amount of resultant things that can be experienced. By maximizing the amount of things that can be experienced, we maximize the amount of things that can be experienced which are potentially life-enriching. Of course the door swings both ways, there are things that can be harmful too, but there are risks that come with anything and the potential rewards are, at least to me, worth the potential risks.

Religion limits freedom?

If by freedom you mean, raping, murdering and all that ****, yeah it definitely limits that. Damn!

Again, if you're talking about promiscuity, fornication and some other crap, yep it limits that too. Again, damn!

What exactly does religion limit a person to do that is actually A BENEFIT to the person?

remix17
Religion limits freedom?

If by freedom you mean, raping, murdering and all that ****, yeah it definitely limits that. Damn!

Again, if you're talking about promiscuity, fornication and some other crap, yep it limits that too. Again, damn!

What exactly does religion limit a person to do that is actually A BENEFIT to the person?

Religion limits the most important aspect of being human: thinking.

Impact

Religion doesn't limit thinking, it causes you to think and act differently and have strong morals.

Draaku
Religion doesn't limit thinking, it causes you to think and act differently and have strong morals.

amen brother! having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ is the best this to ever happen to me. I truly believe God has the power and ability to do this.

remix17

:rofl:

Thrawn

Thrawn is no atheist, but this story is bull****.

Even if the mans medical condition evolved as described, attributing his recovery to prayer is arbitrary. This story is neither reason or science.

A "miracle" is just an event where you aren't smart enough to explain the mechanism. For example, they have no idea why God would choose to do this, so their explaination is an example of the "god of gaps".

Edited by Thrawn
Impact

^ What are you then, Thrawn? Mind sharing? Also they don't know why God did that............YET! God could have saved him because he wanted him to come to know him and he had a big purpose for his life on earth.

Thrawn
^ What are you then, Thrawn? Mind sharing?

I'm simply hoping to do something actually pleasing to God. When I've made more progress, I'll say I'm "trying", but for now I'm just hoping.

Impact

Which God do you believe in? There are a lot of "Gods" that people believe in. An example would be Allah, which the Muslims call "God" or the Christian God, which Christians call "God" (fitting isn't it?).

Thrawn
Which God do you believe in? There are a lot of "Gods" that people believe in. An example would be Allah, which the Muslims call "God" or the Christian God, which Christians call "God" (fitting isn't it?).

There is only one God, the ultimate cause of all causes and the proprietor of everything. Don't be so naive.

He is the goal, the sustainer, the master, the witness, the abode, the refuge and the most dear friend.

shakey

christians are the scariest people. They will stick to their belief no matter what real evidence you can show them. They will just counter it with, god did it. They are the ones that lack all proof.

Hows this for all of ya god lovers. What religion would hide child molestation, pay people to be quiet about it, and wage wars to kill others over that religion? your all a bunch of hypocrites, who in the end, have no real ground to stand upon, so you just make up some god bs answer. Youre more judgmental than those who dont believe in god, and usually will cast out people just because they dont believe in what you do. Religion is a tool used to keep people in line, the pockets of those higher up fat, and is a used as a crutch for those with a weak mind/will. You are easily manipulated into believing and following almost anything, as long as someone says its in gods name.

How many of you have actually read the bible? i bet none of you have read it from page 1 to the end. If you did, i think then you should aslo believe in stoning women, that they arent our equals, and that we all somehow came from just 2 people. If so, we are all inbred. How can you follow a religion that has been manipulated and changed so often just for the benefit of those in power?

You dont think at all, but just follow what ever someone says is gods rule. Show me some solid proof of a god. I can show you plenty of solid proof of science working, but have yet to ever have 1 viable source of proof that a god exist.

This world would be a much better place without religion. You dont need religion to have morals. You dont need religion to have values. You dont need a religion to respect your fellow man. Its just called good nature. I have no religion, no belief, because there hasnt been a single thing to ever show me why i would need it. But I try to treat everyone i can the way i would want to be treated.

The only thing i have ever seen come from religion is bigotry, hate, fear, and death. More people have died in the name of some false god than have died from anything else. If there is a god, i sure want no part in his sick ways.

ahhell

That doc needs to perscribe himself some anti crazy pills 'cause he seriously needs some.