• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Simple Prayer Brings Man Back to Life

remix17    1

@ shakey

(Y)

Impact    0

Oooooh, am I so scarry to you shakey? If I am scary, then I can't imagine what riding a roller coaster for you would be like :rolleyes:

TheElite    127
There is only one God, the ultimate cause of all causes and the proprietor of everything. Don't be so naive.

He is the goal, the sustainer, the master, the witness, the abode, the refuge and the most dear friend.

:yes:

ahhell    1,303
:yes:

How can God be a goal? That's like saying "Tree is the goal."

It makes no damn sense.

Berserk87    49

@Shakey

there is no way for me to describe how f***ing stupid you just made me think you are, after typing such exaggerated garbage.

child molestation happened a couple times in the CATHOLIC church, which would probably end up being less then 0.01% of the church.........

there are crooked people in the church, but that dosnt mean everyone else is...

you sound like a white suppremist or something.

the inaccuracy's and hate in what you said makes me think you hate blacks, and think all Muslims are murdering terrorists...and hate mexicans...

although i dont know what race you are .... im assuming white american.

The Crusades would have happened no matter what religion they were, exept instead of yelling "in the name of God" they would of said "in the name of the King".

was wold war I and II started because of religion?

i dont read every story in the newspaper about rape/murder and go "f***ing athiests"

lastly:

WHY IS THIS THREAD STILL OPEN

CelticWhisper    6
Religion limits freedom?

If by freedom you mean, raping, murdering and all that ****, yeah it definitely limits that. Damn!

No need for religion, we have laws to protect society against murderers, rapists, thieves, and copyright lawyers.

Again, if you're talking about promiscuity, fornication and some other crap, yep it limits that too. Again, damn!

Yes, damn. What, precisely, is "fornication?" It is the act of having sexual relations with another human being whom you happen not to have married. What's so horrible about sex? You're not raping them, it's consensual. If two people love each other, they should have sex if they want to. If there are concerns about venereal diseases, then they should appropriately protect themselves via safe sex, immunizations, or other means.

If you mean to tell me that you would try to stop me from having sex with my girlfriend, who I love very deeply, because we're not married, then you had better have ONE GODDAMN GOOD REASON and back it up with a f*cking MOUNTAIN OF HARD EVIDENCE to PROVE that it's a bad thing. Otherwise I want you nowhere near me or anyone I care about.

What exactly does religion limit a person to do that is actually A BENEFIT to the person?

Two words: Faith healing. I'm talking about these backward-thinking, 12th-century neanderthal mental-midget superstitious idiots who refuse medical treatment for their children because it goes against their religious beliefs. These goddamn irredeemable criminals should have their children taken away by the state and be forced to watch, their eyes Clockwork-Oranged open if necessary, while their kids get all the best of modern medicine. They themselves should be thrown into prison, general population, in with the rapists and murderers. You know what they do to people who abuse kids in prison? It ain't pretty. Wait until the drug lords, gang leaders, and mafiosos doing consecutive life sentences find out that Susan and Harold GodHead let their kid suffer from some hideous disease because they thought god would save him.

In all honesty, should such a situation ever come to pass, I honestly and genuinely hope the other prisoners slowly torture the faith-healer parents to death, perhaps by cutting them with broken glass or something similar. In my mind, for doing that to a child (ESPECIALLY their own child), they would deserve every bit of it.

Berserk87    49
Two words: Faith healing. These backward-thinking, 12th-century neanderthal mental-midget superstitious idiots who refuse medical treatment for their children because it goes against their religious beliefs. They should have their children taken away by the state and they themselves should be thrown into prison, general population, in with the rapists and murderers. You know what they do to people who abuse kids in prison? It ain't pretty. Wait until the drug lords doing consecutive life sentences find out that Susan and Harold GodHead let their kid suffer from some hideous disease because they thought god would save him.

were not f***Ing Scientologists get your facts straight.

CelticWhisper    6
were not f***Ing Scientologists get your facts straight.

I have my facts straight, thank you very much.

Religion doesn't limit thinking, it causes you to think and act differently and have strong morals.

I don't want strong morals. I don't want any morals at all. I have ethics and strive to adhere to them and to do right by those I care about and who care about me.

ahhell    1,303

I don't want strong morals. I don't want any morals at all. I have ethics and strive to adhere to them and to do right by those I care about and who care about me.

Booyah!!!

RuudJacobs.NET    1

There are actually a fair bit of cases in which by example drowning victims (and others of course) snap back to life after 30-40 minutes or so. I guess the guy has some pretty bad brain damage.

Kill religion, do it fast and dont make a noise, make sure no-one tries to revive it within an hour.

p.s.: science doesn't claim to have all the answers. yet.

Berserk87    49

The Christian Science Church teaches that prayer and Bible reading can cure illnesses, and that spiritual healing and medicine are incompatible.

thats a complete different kinda of church....

he died because cause his parents are idiots.

prayer can heal, but it dosnt mean you should just give up and leave it all to God.

metallithrax    523
There are actually a fair bit of cases in which by example drowning victims (and others of course) snap back to life after 30-40 minutes or so. I guess the guy has some pretty bad brain damage.

Kill religion, do it fast and dont make a noise, make sure no-one tries to revive it within an hour.

People may come back after 30-40 mins, but the DOCTORS stated that he was decomposing. You don't come back after you start decomposing. And it takes longer than 30-40 minutes

MGS4-SS    1
^ What are you then, Thrawn? Mind sharing? Also they don't know why God did that............YET! God could have saved him because he wanted him to come to know him and he had a big purpose for his life on earth.

Why is everybody talking about not knowing why "God" did it? Nobody has proved that "God" did it in the first place!

funkyjunky    0

Thanks for the share. Those of us who do, we serve an awesome God :)

Science has no answers. Evolution is a total joke.

RuudJacobs.NET    1
Thanks for the share. Those of us who do, we serve an awesome God :)

Prove it ;) We "non-believers"/"bad people who'll go to hell" seem to have the only laugh here even though you call evolution a joke. By the way, why do you call it serving? If you are a servant and not getting paid, it's slavery man.

By the way, a decomposing body within 40 minutes is either a lie made up by religion-freaks or a goddamn incompetent team of medical people. I highly doubt it.

BajiRav    2,137

Sadly people blinded by religion will believe this crap. :pinch: I wonder why so many people die everyday, why can't prayers of their loved ones bring them back?

Stupid.

chconline    163

The idea behind science is not necessarily always the search for absolute truth, but rather to find out what's not true in the process of elimination that leads to something factual.

People talk about the conflict of science and the Bible. The Bible did not contradict any confirmed scientific proofs, it is not unscientific through my years of careful study, but its purpose is not to prove or disprove science but rather have one purpose, and guess what: It's not a science textbook. What science conflicts is those so-called "religious people" who force their ideas on people that were never implicated directly or indirectly in the Bible.

Believing in God is good. Blind faith won't bring you anywhere. It never has in the past, and it won't in the future either.

PermaSt0ne    1

that's due to them drowning in severely cold (artic) water, which puts the human body in a stasis and preserves your metabolic system

and those of you who say evolution is a joke need to take some college classes on it and actually learn about what you are bashing. it's far, far from a joke.

the bible says the earth is 6,000 years old and doesn't mention dinosaurs. that's all anyone needs to know about the bible.... this supposedly "historic" book

remix17    1
Yes, damn. What, precisely, is "fornication?" It is the act of having sexual relations with another human being whom you happen not to have married. What's so horrible about sex? You're not raping them, it's consensual. If two people love each other, they should have sex if they want to. If there are concerns about venereal diseases, then they should appropriately protect themselves via safe sex, immunizations, or other means.

If you mean to tell me that you would try to stop me from having sex with my girlfriend, who I love very deeply, because we're not married, then you had better have ONE GODDAMN GOOD REASON and back it up with a f*cking MOUNTAIN OF HARD EVIDENCE to PROVE that it's a bad thing. Otherwise I want you nowhere near me or anyone I care about.

Two words: Faith healing. I'm talking about these backward-thinking, 12th-century neanderthal mental-midget superstitious idiots who refuse medical treatment for their children because it goes against their religious beliefs. These goddamn irredeemable criminals should have their children taken away by the state and be forced to watch, their eyes Clockwork-Oranged open if necessary, while their kids get all the best of modern medicine. They themselves should be thrown into prison, general population, in with the rapists and murderers. You know what they do to people who abuse kids in prison? It ain't pretty. Wait until the drug lords, gang leaders, and mafiosos doing consecutive life sentences find out that Susan and Harold GodHead let their kid suffer from some hideous disease because they thought god would save him.

In all honesty, should such a situation ever come to pass, I honestly and genuinely hope the other prisoners slowly torture the faith-healer parents to death, perhaps by cutting them with broken glass or something similar. In my mind, for doing that to a child (ESPECIALLY their own child), they would deserve every bit of it.

(Y)

(Y) (Y)

Also I'm very surprised this thread is still alive. I mean damn!

seta-san    1,436

now... why doesn't god heal amputees?

Skyfrog    814

Yeah... I think it's time to close this thread. :laugh:

MightyJordan    8,602
I call this bull****, but I think that everyone with common sense knows that.

+1

Impact    0

If you don't want morals, be free to destroy yourself Celtic, but a world without morals would only lead to more stealing, raping and murdering, as people wouldn't feel bad about it. I can't say I would ever want to be around a person like you, who doesn't want any kind of morals.

PermaSt0ne    1
If you don't want morals, be free to destroy yourself Celtic, but a world without morals would only lead to more stealing, raping and murdering, as people wouldn't feel bad about it. I can't say I would ever want to be around a person like you, who doesn't want any kind of morals.

which is what ethics are for....and that's exactly what Celtic said. way to read his entire thread

look up the difference between the two terms :)

CelticWhisper    6

PermaSt0ne already said it, but let me reiterate just to drive the point home.

I don't want strong morals. I don't want any morals at all.

Wait for it.

Waaaaaaaaaait for it...

I have ethics and strive to adhere to them and to do right by those who I care about and who care about me.