Simple Prayer Brings Man Back to Life

it doesnt matter how many priest touch how many boys, its the fact that the head of the church did everything they possibly could to keep it secret and in the hush. Any organization like that is horrible. Just because they hide behind a deity doesnt make them good. All wars have been caused by fear of religion or some religious hatred of another religion, except maybe those wars in asia, where its mostly other things.. but still, follow what you want. I dont condemn anyone for any belief they follow, but when those people start preaching how we will all go to hell, or that they are self righteous because they believe in it, then i guess judge not unless ye be judged urself.

sorry if i insulted you with the child touching... dont know why you would be so offended by it. it was happening all over the world, and we all know they were trying to cover it up. Hell who knows, maybe the way into heaven is through a little boy. But im sure not going to try and find out.

You can save more lives by praying and believing.

Awesome!!

So, I'll make you a deal.

I have End Stage liver cancer (stage 4). Pray for me... and if I'm cured (hell, even if it goes into remission)... I'll stop being an Atheist and become a believer. What do you say?

Oh, and if meet "Bob" like this guy did.... well, that'll just be the icing on the cake, won't it?

Well, if you reject God, why would he heal you. Here he sent his only son to die a horrible death on the cross and you reject him and say that unless he heals you (while you are rejecting Him and saying He is false) you won't believe in him. Not only you won't believe in him unless he heals you, you'll make sarcastic jokes ("Oh, and if meet 'Bob' like this guy did.... well, that'll just be the icing on the cake, won't it?") about it. Yeah, that really makes sense. God is a loving, caring God, but also a just God.

I will be praying for you Alpha Drone, though.

Well, if you reject God, why would he heal you. Here he sent his only son to die a horrible death on the cross and you reject him and say that unless he heals you (while you are rejecting Him and saying He is false) you won't believe in him. Not only you won't believe in him unless he heals you, you'll make sarcastic jokes ("Oh, and if meet 'Bob' like this guy did.... well, that'll just be the icing on the cake, won't it?") about it. Yeah, that really makes sense. God is a loving, caring God, but also a just God.

Yeah that's why he sent his only son to die a horrible death on the cross.

God is a loving, caring God

Oh yeah totally, like that time he commited genocide by flooding the entire earth. If you believe that silly story that is. I mean thou shalt not kill, but it's ok for him. Everyone human on earth was so bad they had to be killed. There wasn't a single innocent person on the planet, and of course those horribly evil babies deserved to die. The animals too, yeah they were all evil. No problem though, he said he wouldn't do it anymore. Of course he could have just snapped his fingers to make the bad people go away, or could have made them good to start with. Instead let's come up with some ridiculously convoluted plan like flooding the planet and killing everything save for some old dude and his family. Have him build a giant boat, and gather samples of every living species of animal on the planet to...oh jeez I can't go on. It's too ludicrous, I can't comprehend how people can believe such childish nonsense. They were just fables, told in ancient times to explain nature or teach people morality. People took the stories as actual facts and have been passing them down ever since.

He loves you, but if you don't worship him he'll send you to burn for all eternity. What a loving parent! :laugh:

Any theist that "believes in" this story, could you explain why you need doctors? Or hospitals? Or any of that at all if prayer does it?

If Mr. God has the power to save, and praying is what convinces him to snap his wrinkly 'ol fingers and bring you back to health, why use the shock paddles? Why take the medicine? Have a little faith, the master will let you live a little longer if he's planned it that way, right?

**** the stupidity in this thread is unbearable, and the article is retarded.

I know, I've been cringing at many of the replies...

Well, if you reject God, why would he heal you.

Uh, the guy in this article did not believe in any God or religion before his little "experience." Care to explain that?

Science has no answers. Evolution is a total joke.

By far the most ignorant post in this thread... But I guess it's already been answered enough.

How can God be a goal? That's like saying "Tree is the goal."

It makes no damn sense.

God being the goal, as everyone strives to get to him. Get it?

Two words: Faith healing. I'm talking about these backward-thinking, 12th-century neanderthal mental-midget superstitious idiots who refuse medical treatment for their children because it goes against their religious beliefs. These goddamn irredeemable criminals should have their children taken away by the state and be forced to watch, their eyes Clockwork-Oranged open if necessary, while their kids get all the best of modern medicine. They themselves should be thrown into prison, general population, in with the rapists and murderers. You know what they do to people who abuse kids in prison? It ain't pretty. Wait until the drug lords, gang leaders, and mafiosos doing consecutive life sentences find out that Susan and Harold GodHead let their kid suffer from some hideous disease because they thought god would save him.

In all honesty, should such a situation ever come to pass, I honestly and genuinely hope the other prisoners slowly torture the faith-healer parents to death, perhaps by cutting them with broken glass or something similar. In my mind, for doing that to a child (ESPECIALLY their own child), they would deserve every bit of it.

I dont believe in faith healing, does that mean I'm still limited?

Awesome!!

So, I'll make you a deal.

I have End Stage liver cancer (stage 4). Pray for me... and if I'm cured (hell, even if it goes into remission)... I'll stop being an Atheist and become a believer. What do you say?

Oh, and if meet "Bob" like this guy did.... well, that'll just be the icing on the cake, won't it?

I will be praying for you Alpha Drone, though.

I know, I've been cringing at many of the replies...

Uh, the guy in this article did not believe in any God or religion before his little "experience." Care to explain that?

By far the most ignorant post in this thread... But I guess it's already been answered enough.

I'd like an answer to this too.

Well, if you reject God, why would he heal you.

So we could "unreject" him??

If someone didn't believe I existed, what would I do. Avoid him until he believes I exist?? That's just silly to be honest.

I am not saying it's impossible for him to heal you, but I'm just putting it in perspective.

you didn't answer the question.

but here's another one:

whenever somebody asks why someone died all i hear is "it was his time" or "god has a reason" (from both christianity and catholics mind you). so if god has an almighty plan and a reason for everything like all the preachers say, then what's the point of praying? is god going to change this plan he's laid out for all mankind JUST because you asked him to? i don't think so.

contradictory don't ya think

heh well I guess from the topic title this was going to turn into a religious debate. It is just a matter of perspective, if you're religious it's a miracle, if not then the guy was damn lucky. I believe in the latter, just because you can't explain how it happened or it's against the odds, doesn't (for me anyway) make it supernatural. Maybe in 50 years time science will be able to show how this happens in the body, who knows.

What people should accept is whether you believe in it or not, religion is good for some people as it helps define a purpose (of course not in 'extremes' or cults) and is usually based on good morals.

I don't like people pushing their religious values on me but also understand that it's also not polite to say the opposite as well, try to respect their views even if you don't agree with them.

heh well I guess from the topic title this was going to turn into a religious debate. It is just a matter of perspective, if you're religious it's a miracle, if not then the guy was damn lucky. I believe in the latter, just because you can't explain how it happened or it's against the odds, doesn't (for me anyway) make it supernatural. Maybe in 50 years time science will be able to show how this happens in the body, who knows.

What people should accept is whether you believe in it or not, religion is good for some people as it helps define a purpose (of course not in 'extremes' or cults) and is usually based on good morals.

I don't like people pushing their religious values on me but also understand that it's also not polite to say the opposite as well, try to respect their views even if you don't agree with them.

i've already addressed this ridiculous proposition at least twice on this very forum already.

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?show...#entry589185853

Wow, I think that you cannot deny that was a miracle. If you are already starting to decompose, then the only way you are coming back is if God wants you to! There are many unexplainable miracles that happen in the ER's of some hospitals because of doctors that had the faith to pray and God intervened. It sure seems like most of the atheist/scientist (don't mean to stereotype, but both don't believe in God), just always put down all the miracle stories because they say that "science could have explained it" or "there isn't enough evidence." Well, I think they would be HARD-pressed to find a way to prove it by science even if it happened in a lab right in front of them.

Basically, what all the people like ripgut and others are saying is "science can explain everything, so it surely could explain this if the circumstances were better." Guys, there are some things science cannot explain, and this is one of them! Miracles sometimes just aren't explainable.

MY IQ just dropped :|

If you don't want morals, be free to destroy yourself Celtic, but a world without morals would only lead to more stealing, raping and murdering, as people wouldn't feel bad about it. I can't say I would ever want to be around a person like you, who doesn't want any kind of morals.

I really REALLY love it how people assume that if you have no faith or if religion didn't exist, humans would run around rioting, killing each other, stealing from each other like no tomorrow.

Hilarious.

Science has no answers. Evolution is a total joke.

It's not hard to prove Evolution at all, just look at how viruses evolve to become resistant to drugs. Also scientists don't claim to be 100% sure of anything, only that this is best and most likely possible idea/way/whatever at this time. If a scientist gets new evidence then they will incorporate that into whatever theory they have. Unlike religion that is stuck in the past and refuses to accept anything other than what's written in a book could possibly be true.

just always put down all the miracle stories because they say that "science could have explained it" or "there isn't enough evidence."

Well yeah, but just because we can't explain anything yet doesn't mean that we should automatically close ourselves into thinking that some god did it. There's been plenty of things in history that people at the time thought was the work of god that can easily be explained by science now.

I have one question to ask believers... why would god bring back this random person because one person prayed for him when God could've intervened in much more serious matters like WWI/II and prevented millions of deaths. Killing Hitler would've saved a lot of lives, but God decides that he'll revive some unknown person instead.

I expect its up to God to make decisions like that though isn't it? Shows how considerate/caring he is...

True religion is a very difficult thing that can only be seen by the most fortunate, humble, and intelligent persons. But university degrees do not directly help to develop the intelligence needed.

This 'miracle' show-business has nothing to do with true religion, and belief in it is arbitrary and irrelevant.

So troist, your skepticism is OK, but glimpsing God's motivations is not so simple on an internet forum. But, it is worth the effort. Indeed, it is the only effort where the payoff is really worth it, by any spiritual or materialistic measure you choose.

True religion is a very difficult thing that can only be seen by the most fortunate, humble, and intelligent persons. But university degrees do not directly help to develop the intelligence needed.

This 'miracle' show-business has nothing to do with true religion, and belief in it is arbitrary and irrelevant.

So troist, your skepticism is OK, but glimpsing God's motivations is not so simple on an internet forum. But, it is worth the effort. Indeed, it is the only effort where the payoff is really worth it, by any spiritual or materialistic measure you choose.

That's convenient :)