The Sony or the Samsung?

Have you seen the Sharp 92U/94U series. Thats the LCD that looking best in my opinion, so much so that we got it. They don't even carry that high end model at bestbuy/future shop.

As long as you get a recent model without the banding issue its a superb set.

If you're going to laydown ?500+ I'd get a bigger TV than 26". You could easily go to 32", and maybe even some 37" setups.

For the page 1 comparison, I'd say Samsung if everyone else is going with Samsung.

I know more about the higher end Sony models than the lower (well not necessarily higher vs lower in tech, more higher vs lower in size).

Is game playing (360/PS3) important to you? If so go with LCD over Plasma.

If you're going to laydown ?500+ I'd get a bigger TV than 26". You could easily go to 32", and maybe even some 37" setups.

For the page 1 comparison, I'd say Samsung if everyone else is going with Samsung.

I know more about the higher end Sony models than the lower (well not necessarily higher vs lower in tech, more higher vs lower in size).

Is game playing (360/PS3) important to you? If so go with LCD over Plasma.

LCD is a definite, as I use my xbox on it alot, and also use it as my PC screen. This is the reason I only want 26" because any bigger is too big for a PC screen. The reason I'm not simply going for a monitor, is I like to idea of built in freeview, and I will be using it as a TV as well.

So this screen will be used for: Xbox (possibly a PS3 in the future) TV, Films, PC.

The Samsung is getting all the votes, but it's specs/reviews don't live up to those of the more expensive Sony and Panasonic.

Aahhh! So hard to decide:((

easily the pana, easily the best out of the three...hmmm i think that samsung is the older model...not sure how it works in the uk.....but pana has better contrast a lot better colour(especially watching tv in 720p)...u mite even wanna upgrade to a 32'' of the pana but it is a bit more expensive..not much though....for tv and films pana hands down, gaming, its neck and neck..

but seriously just go to local electronics store n check em out...

dont really like sony panels :p

Bought the Panasonic: http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronic...searchsource=0#

Went for this because of many threads on the avforum's and of a few HDTV site reviews, and it was crowned as the best 26" TV you can get atm, everywhere. So I payed a bit of a premium and will hopefully be receiving the best 26" money can buy me at the moment. It's got really impressive specs, like the ability to accept 1080p and 100hz processing among other things, so it stands above the competition (also they say the colour and clearness is unbeaten)

vamp play around withe the 100hz settings cos most cases it helps with the picture but it can sometimes make the picture look worse by adding 2 many random artifacts n stuff....have fun with that awesome tv..... :D

Id just like to point out that the sony is actually a samsung inside, samsung up until april this year made panels for sony, in april sharp will start making the panels for sony.

As far as the best in the market goes, panasonic are better for both LCD's and Plasma's.