The Worst Windows Feature

What is your worst Windows XP feature ??

Mine would have to be the fact you can't get rid of IE .

i thought you could get rid of IE with Add/Remove Windows Components that came with SP1

What is your worst Windows XP feature? ??

Mine would have to be the fact you can't get rid of IE .

i thought you could get rid of IE with Add/Remove Windows Components that came with SP1

it doesnt remove IE itself, it removes ACCESS to it, (shortcuts:pp, for the worst features, they are WFP and System Restore. they're using something like 600 megs!

Edited by acbd

dunno if it's really a feature, per say... but i don't like that it loads a ton of drivers that most people never need. i'd prefer it if the installation went through, scanned all your hardware, and loaded just what it needed.

Open an Explorer window or Internet Explorer window in Windows XP. Maximize it. Now click and hold down on the close window button for three or four seconds. Watch carefully, and you will see the window flicker. Now move the mouse cursor away and let go of the button. Now click the restore button. Voila, the window is resized the JUST BARELY BELOW MAXIMIZED.

Can anyone tell me how in the hell that is in any way a useful feature? That's one of the worst features I've ever had the displeasure of experiencing, and I can only hope that they fix it sometime soon.

Speaking of things I hate, open IE6 SP1. Before it loads the homepage, quickly press CTRL-TAB and begin typing text. When the homepage does load, the cursor will jump from the end of the text you've been typing to the very first character. So instead of getting www.yahoo.com, you end up with oo.comwww.yah. Yet again something that Microsoft has broken with an upgrade. I swear, with thirty billion dollars and the best minds in the world that they can buy off, you'd think they could make a product that didn't have suck-ass bugs like this, or at the very least they could take the goddamn time to FIX their bugs.

Edited by userguy

Open an Explorer window or Internet Explorer window in Windows XP. Maximize it. Now click and hold down on the close window button for three or four seconds. Watch carefully, and you will see the window flicker. Now move the mouse cursor away and let go of the button. Now click the restore button. Voila, the window is resized the JUST BARELY BELOW MAXIMIZED.

Can anyone tell me how in the hell that is in any way a useful feature? That's one of the worst features I've ever had the displeasure of experiencing, and I can only hope that they fix it sometime soon.

that didn't work for me. however, i don't know how that's a feature anyway. who would use it if it was a feature....? :huh: holding for 3 seconds, waiting for the screen to flicker...we're just not that patient. :)

you dont like the search dog?? why not change it right click the dog and change i have got the wizard up. :devil:

Wow, didnt know you could do that! :D :woot:

also, i find it annoying when i have hardware and

windows automatically installs the wrongs drivers :angry:

also the hardware digital signing thing, whenever i install

some hardware for some1 every1 gets all worried etc. when that

annoying window appears :angry:

m0.

hiding file extensions - why?? This can make a file called image.jpg.vbs look like image.jpg - user clicks on it thinking its just a picture file, and runs a script and or exe, etc..

hiding file extensions - why?? This can make a file called image.jpg.vbs look like image.jpg - user clicks on it thinking its just a picture file, and runs a script and or exe, etc..

so instead you would have people renaming iexplore.exe to a file with no extension, then they'd cry Microsoft was to blame in that too.