The Big Wrestling Thread!

The end of ROH's All-Star Extravaganza...

Spoiler

:| ######## hell, what a match that was. Not often you see the top title bumped off the main event for another title match, but this definitely deserved to close out the show.

As noted, former WWE star Alberto Del Rio was supposed to compete in the main event of tonight’s AAA Heroes Inmortales X event at the Arena Monterrey in Monterrey, Mexico. El Patron was scheduled to team with Psycho Clown to face Dr. Wagner Jr. & Pagano in the main event.

For reasons unknown, Del Rio did not appear at the event tonight, which fueled speculation that he might be debuting with TNA at Bound for Glory, but that of course did not happen.

AAA has issued an official statement on Del Rio no showing tonight’s event, and it should be noted that the statement below has been translated into English as it was released in Spanish:

Lucha Libre AAA WorldWide announced that for reasons outside the company, Alberto “El Patron” was not submitted to the function of Heroes Immortals X , which took just this afternoon. This despite having confirmed their attendance to the event in advance and even this morning.

We regret the lack of commitment of Alberto, as he fails to Mexican public that has supported him throughout his career, to turn it into one of the leading figures of wrestling in Mexico and internationally.

For Lucha Libre AAA Worldwide , it is important to offer the best shows of international quality, in addition to strengthening the Mexican wrestling is the best in the world and is a fundamental part of the culture of our country.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/760419-aaa-issues-official-statement-on-alberto-del-rio-no-showing-ppv-says-del-rio-fails-mexican-public-with-his-lack-of-commitment

Just read this about Alberto El Patron:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2667463-former-wwe-star-alberto-del-rio-posts-graphic-photos-after-being-stabbed?yptr=yahoo#

Here's the opening: 

After failing to appear at Sunday's AAA Heroes Inmortales X in Monterrey, Mexico, former WWE Superstar Alberto Del Rio revealed Monday that he was unable to attend because he was the victim of a stabbing. 

As seen in this statement released by Del Rio (currently known as Alberto El Patron) on Instagram, the former WWE champion was allegedly attacked after eating dinner prior to his scheduled flight.

Full story at link, plus a couple pictures of his cuts he received.  Hope he heals up quick!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, episode said:

JR also said on the Ross Report that WWE bought the TNA library but not the company and the deal for the library is done.

And on top of that...

4 hours ago, MightyJordan said:

Goldberg is one of the few WCW stars that I hope will make a return before I die (another one is Scott Steiner), but against Lesnar?... Not sure about that. If it happens, I'm 100000% sure that WWE will bury Goldberg as it did with Sting, because there's no way that Lesnar will loose to someone who will likely show up for one match only.

• Like 1

^^ Steiner, really? The dude can hardly walk and stand up straight anymore due to injuries (and um, other things I'm sure). I hope you don't expect him to wrestle, because that's about as likely as Hogan wrestling again :D (But its WWE, so never say never I guess?) I mean, if Steiner is doing some DDP Yoga, sure maybe he's in better shape physically (I hope he is doing something like that) but his last run in TNA was real, real bad (for in ring stuff, his mic work was gold as usual lol).

As for Goldberg coming back to work with Lesnar again - eh no. No one wants to see that, except for Vince who will have an orgasm watching it probably. Also, one would think Goldberg would only come back for the big one at Wrestlemania. I mean, Survivor Series is one of the big PPVs and all, but its no Wrestlemania for size or importance I guess. Also, personally, I'd love to see Goldberg work with Jericho - especially given Jericho's current run which is amazing.

8 hours ago, LOC said:

his last run in TNA was real, real bad (for in ring stuff, his mic work was gold as usual lol).

And soon, we'll be able to relive it all on the WWE Network. ;)

On Thursday, October 6, 2016 at 1:44 AM, LOC said:

^^ Steiner, really? The dude can hardly walk and stand up straight anymore due to injuries (and um, other things I'm sure). I hope you don't expect him to wrestle, because that's about as likely as Hogan wrestling again :D (But its WWE, so never say never I guess?) I mean, if Steiner is doing some DDP Yoga, sure maybe he's in better shape physically (I hope he is doing something like that) but his last run in TNA was real, real bad (for in ring stuff, his mic work was gold as usual lol).

As for Goldberg coming back to work with Lesnar again - eh no. No one wants to see that, except for Vince who will have an orgasm watching it probably. Also, one would think Goldberg would only come back for the big one at Wrestlemania. I mean, Survivor Series is one of the big PPVs and all, but its no Wrestlemania for size or importance I guess. Also, personally, I'd love to see Goldberg work with Jericho - especially given Jericho's current run which is amazing.

If they do Goldberg v Y2J, they could "continue" the "feud" from WCW days, when Jericho claimed he was never beaten by Goldberg and such.  THAT could be quite interesting.

On 10/6/2016 at 8:44 AM, LOC said:

Yes, Steiner, really. Not for wrestling, but for his insane promos. The guy is THE best heel I've ever seen, I re-watched his WWE debut and his feud with HHH, unbelievable. You can say whatever you want about the guy, but when he has a mic, the crowd goes crazy.

As for Goldberg, I would imagine that IF he comes back at SS, it would be just to begin a feud that would end at WM, I don't expect him to wrestle at SS. Maybe just a spear or something.

Hey I love Steiner as much as the next guy (I guess?) but Vince will probably never trust him to give him a live mic in this day and age for WWE TV. A PPV, maybe but TV? I don't see it happening. Unless they don't let him talk, which would suck because that's his best attribute these days obviously.

As for Goldberg vs Jericho, yeah they could continue the WCW thing, which would be interesting an hopefully end better now that both of them don't have egos bigger than cities. But it certainly seems like its going to be Lesnar/Goldberg v2 at SS or whenever they decide to do it. Which, I don't really care to see anymore. Maybe 10 years ago or so, but not now. I'd much rather see Goldberg in an actual fued, in an actual match for his final run in wrestling. Not that he was ever a great wrestler, but still. Lesnar's character these days doesn't translate to a 3 star match with Goldberg, not that it did back in 2002 or so either.

1 hour ago, LOC said:

Hey I love Steiner as much as the next guy (I guess?) but Vince will probably never trust him to give him a live mic in this day and age for WWE TV. A PPV, maybe but TV? I don't see it happening. Unless they don't let him talk, which would suck because that's his best attribute these days obviously.

I agree. Back in the day, there was no PG crap, so he could pretty much say and do anything, that's why he was so good. Today, not so much, but I still think he would be a great addition if used properly. Heck, I'm going crazy just by hearing his entrance theme :laugh:

Goldberg is a different matter. He obviously lacks the mic skills, but then again he never needed them, two words and everyone went insane. But back then he had the body to do squash matches, not sure how he is these days. Imagine if he can't do a jackhammer anymore, people will boo him for sure... If he does something with Jericho, then I don't think this would be a problem, but a bigger guy like Lesnar might.

Steiner always reminded me of the Dudley Boyz back in ECW, where they literally would start riots when they were on the mic lol Except Steiner seems like he is literally nuts and would say the worst crap imaginable to get a reaction from the crowd because he doesn't realize what he's saying is so bad. But yeah, personally I wouldn't mind seeing him come back to WWE for one more run, but let's be honest his body is done more or less. Unless he's doing some super DDP Yoga probably.

Btw, just watched this Wolf Creek cage match with the Hardy's vs Decay. Not bad, not bad at all. Looks like Matt Hardy has definitely gotten into better shape and you can see he has a new fire in him for the biz. Hope it keeps going for him and Jeff. Also, DELETE seems to be the new YES. :D

• Like 1