The Big Wrestling Thread!

Mickie James has signed a new multi-year contract with WWE, according to an exclusive report at PWInsider. She is expected to join the SmackDown brand next month. Pro Wrestling Sheet broke the news earlier this week that James had been offered a new deal.

James returned to WWE after a 6-year hiatus last month at NXT Takeover: Toronto. She came up short against NXT Women’s Champion Asuka in what most would consider a very good match. Her performance at Takeover and her promo work before and after the match were enough to convince WWE officials that she’d be a strong addition to the main roster.

http://www.sescoops.com/report-mickie-james-signs-multi-year-deal-with-wwe/

Glad to see Mickie James back in WWE. Always liked her work (mostly). Don't know how she can stack up against some of the current women in the company (the real workers, not the eye candy girls, not that there's anything wrong with that mind you). Obviously she can still work fine, but against say Flair or someone like that - but then again she worked great against Asuka on the NXT show.

Now all they need is Trish back again (but that's unlikely).

I can just imagine that little kid growing up and then watching this stuff and being like "Were you guys on drugs? I know uncle Jeff was but come on guys seriously?"

Also the way he says McMahon is just great. lol

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, LOC said:

I can just imagine that little kid growing up and then watching this stuff and being like "Were you guys on drugs? I know uncle Jeff was but come on guys seriously?"

He's making his in-ring debut next week, too. :rofl: 

Edited by MightyJordan

Barring a last minute change, Chris Hero is heading back to WWE, confirmed by a company source according to our Dave Meltzer.

Meltzer didn't add whether he was heading to NXT or the main roster.

On the Saturday night edition of Wrestling Observer Radio, Meltzer answered a reader question about Hero's lack of bookings for 2017 to which Meltzer said he had some suspicions, adding that he heard about Evolve Wrestling perhaps having some plans for him in the future.

The soon-to-be 37-year-old (born Chris Spradlin) has been in WWE developmental before as Kassius Ohno, spending 2012-13 in Florida Championship Wrestling which became NXT. He was released in November 2013.

Hero has been active on the indies every since, putting on great matches worldwide against a multitude of opponents, including working three shows this weekend for Evolve and Beyond Wrestling.

This would be the latest big indy name WWE has signed recently, a group that included Roderick Strong, Tommy End, Big Damo and others.

http://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/chris-hero-heading-back-wwe-226336?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

ohshit.gif

Earlier this evening, with heavy hearts, Ring of Honor officials accepted the resignation of ROH Matchmaker Nigel McGuinness.

Speculation surrounding McGuinness’ sudden resignation has begun to boil among ROH officials. While some chastised his leniency toward Bullet Club’s behavior in the summer, others believe that now McGuinness may be under extreme duress from Bullet Club’s Adam Cole for changing the stipulations of the Final Battle main event just days in advance.

One of ROH’s all-time greats, the former ROH World Champion has resigned. ROH management has announced it is forming an executive committee to oversee matchmaking in ROH. We wish Nigel McGuinness the best of luck in his future.

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/breaking-mcguinness-out-roh-matchmaker?utm_content=buffer9ee84&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Double whammy for ROH; just a week after Steve Corino announced his departure. :/ I'm assuming he's heading off to either WWE or ITV's World of Sport.

18 hours ago, episode said:

^ You're getting worked.

Guilty; about half an hour after you posted, PWInsider confirmed that: http://www.pwinsider.com/article.php?id=106495&p=1

Ring of Honor announced on their website that former ROH champion Nigel McGuinness would no longer be the company matchmaker going forward.  That was a storyline position and currently, McGuinness is still with Ring of Honor.

The move was made as a precursor for a number of reasons.  The primary reason was in case ROH needs to slide McGuinness into a commentary role should Steve Corino depart the company at the end of the month, as Corino obviously has a WWE offer on the table to work in the Performance Center as a Coach.

That said, with all the talk of WWE going on a hiring spree going into 2017, one also has to wonder whether there has been any interest in WWE bringing McGuinnness into the fold as he's well known as an excellent trainer.  WWE has been on the look out for additional trainers in recent weeks and I know that several years ago, there was at least some passing interest in Nigel for that role but it never panned out.  Moving Nigel out of the Matchmaker role would make it easier for ROH to exit him if necessary down the line.  Stay tuned.

And here's someone else who got worked by the genius that is Kevin Owens...

During the WWE live event in Lowell, Massachusetts over the weekend, WWE Universal Champion Kevin Owens ripped into a young fan wearing a Roman Reigns t-shirt, and you can watch it in the video below.

The mother of the young was not happy with the incident and posted the following on Facebook:

“My heart is shattered. What started off as an amazingly awesome night ended in my 7 year old being completely heartbroken. My son is a huge WWE fan and a fan of just about every wrestler on the roster. He has a drawer full of everyone’s shirts but he chose to wear a Roman Reigns shirt since he has been a fan of his ever since he started watching. All night he was getting high fives from other wrestlers and was all smiles but for some reason when Kevin Owens came out he singled out my son and commented on who’s shirt he was wearing then told him “you should get this shirt. Actually don’t get this shirt I don’t want you to ever wear my shirt. Don’t you ever try to touch me.” All because my 7 year old wanted a high five and wasn’t wearing his shirt. My heart sank. He became visibly upset, sat down and kept staring at the gate. I couldn’t help it I started crying. He loves wrestling. He has a drawer full of just about everyone’s shirts, over 100 figures, so many accessories and just loves watching and going to events. The worst part is he was going to be getting a Kevin Owens shirt and hat for Christmas but now he doesn’t want anything to do with him. Kevin Owens was actually one of my sons favorites but now he says “he’s not even on the list of who I like.” This was finally an event that my whole family was able to attend: myself, my son, my mother who has been suffering from leukemia, and my father and we were all having a great time until that happened. For a show that is supposed to be family friendly Kevin Owens really crushed a huge fans spirits last night. My son is 7 not 15 or 16 where they can take someone they idolize talking to them like that but 7. We have been to many events: TLC, Smackdown, Hell in a Cell, NXT, and the draft. He doesn’t want to go anymore. He had previously asked me if the wrestlers who appear mean would ever do or say something to a kid and I said absolutely not they know better. Kevin Owens made me a liar and just showed everyone last night how much of a jerk he really is. To top all of this off after Kevin Owens lost to Roman Reigns and he was walking away from the ring my son was just standing there on his seat watching and Kevin Owens jumped towards him and yelled at him “I am your father” which made no sense but with the sudden movement and loudness made all of us jump and my son almost fell of his seat. My son is crushed and whenever he talks about it he tears up. I can’t believe a wrestler would actually treat a 7 year old fan this way. Shame on you Kevin Owens and WWE.”

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/783333-watch-kevin-owens-rips-into-a-young-roman-reigns-fan-at-wwe-live-event-mother-of-fan-gets-upset-and-owens-responds-sarcastically

And KO's response?

16 minutes ago, LOC said:

Um, did Bray Wyatt (on his actual WWE Twitter account) just say that? Holy crap, is that a work to make us thing "maybe" or is this just a troll lol

99% certain they're just trolling. :p Total Nonstop Deletion's already been filmed and there's been no mention of non-TNA teams taking part, outside of The Express That Rocks & Rolls, and The Bucks of Youth. Plenty of invitations did get sent out, though...

Then the Wyatts, then after them...

According to F4WOnline.com, Nigel McGuinness, who recently left Ring of Honor, is expected to sign with WWE for a coaching job at the WWE Performance Center soon.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/783751-former-ring-of-honor-star-expected-to-sign-as-wwe-pc-coach-bray-wyatt-responds-to-matt-hardys-invite-wwe-raw-top-10-video

OK, @episode, PWInsider (who say it's a work) or F4WOnline/Dave Meltzer (who say it's legitimate): Who do you trust more?

Jesus, Matt Hardy must be having a total blast doing this stuff lol

And I'd go with McGuiness signing with WWE as a trainer. It is possible that he's just moving into another position at ROH, but I don't think so.

On 13/12/2016 at 11:28 PM, MightyJordan said:

OK, @episode, PWInsider (who say it's a work) or F4WOnline/Dave Meltzer (who say it's legitimate): Who do you trust more?

On 14/12/2016 at 4:05 AM, LOC said:

And I'd go with McGuiness signing with WWE as a trainer. It is possible that he's just moving into another position at ROH, but I don't think so.

We have our answer, along with a brand new title!

So, McGuinness is gonna be commentating alongside Michael Cole. :D 

And since WWE doesn't have a list of the competitors...

Blimey, there's quite a few top names there. The former WCPW world champion Joseph Conners, current PROGRESS tag team champions Trent Seven & Tyler Bate, the current PROGRESS champion in Pete Dunne, and the current ICW world champion in Wolfgang. :omg: