The Big Wrestling Thread!

10 years to the day (if you're in America, since it's now after midnight here) since we first saw MTV's attempt at hardcore wrestling...

I won't lie, I liked it at the time as a kid.

Not sure how they are going to go with Joe vs. HHH so fast when Joe obviously debuted as his "muscle" so to speak. But hey, its WWE anything can happen and usually does. Sucks about Rollins though, even though I'm not his biggest fan. Never good to see one of the workers hurt in any way.

Its a MCL injury, its going to take a long time to heal. Its his second one. I think rollins might end up being a what could have been story if his knee doesn't hold up once he comes back. He is immensely talented and is over with the crowd as well.

On another topic do you guys think AJ's wwe career got buried after rumble? I am getting a feeling he will slip out of the title picture very soon.

This one flew under my radar; Pentagon Jr./Dark left AAA & Lucha Underground nearly two weeks ago; they own the trademarks to both of his names, so he's now calling himself Penta 0 M/Penta El Cero Miedo, but PLOT TWIST! The company that owns both AAA and Lucha Underground filed a trademark for his new name a week after he left and it's live, so he might not even be able to use his new name now.

52 minutes ago, philixus1988 said:

On another topic do you guys think AJ's wwe career got buried after rumble? I am getting a feeling he will slip out of the title picture very soon.

I genuinely hope not.  If so, it just cements the fact that WWE is just an ego-truck for Vince and they can't be trusted to not drop the ball.

HHH can speak at length about recognising talent all he wants, but the best talent in the industry is in his damned ring!

1 hour ago, Nefarious Trigger said:

I genuinely hope not.  If so, it just cements the fact that WWE is just an ego-truck for Vince and they can't be trusted to not drop the ball.

HHH can speak at length about recognising talent all he wants, but the best talent in the industry is in his damned ring!

I think it will be made clear in the upcoming elimination chamber match. If it creates a cena vs AJ at wrestlemania with a special stipulation rather than the rumored AJ vs Shane O'mac only then can we say that he is still in the main event picture.

Personally, I'd much rather see AJ vs. Shane to be honest. As much as AJ vs. Cena was amazing from RR and all, let's face it WWE was just waiting to put a world title back on Cena and unless AJ wins it back at EC he isn't going to win it back at WM from him probably. And I don't honestly think Vince would have let AJ run with the title that long if he was going to be buried after wards. What would the point be? HEY HERE IS SOMEONE WHO IS SUPER OVER AND IS AMAZING IN THE RING WITH THE WORLD TITLE....now he's jobbing to Heath Slater. Nah, I don't think so. Dropping the ball with him, sure that's a thing maybe though.

ROH play-by-play commentator Kevin Kelly, who has been working with ROH since 2010, has departed the company, according to PWInsider. Kelly follows fellow former ROH announcers Steve Corino and Nigel McGuinness, who also recently departed the company.

Kelly has been doing English commentary for New Japan Pro Wrestling, and F4WOnline reports that part of the reason behind Kelly's departure is because of his time away for the NJPW job. They added that ROH still plans to have Kelly do some on-camera work for them in the future.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2017/0203/622883/kenny-omega-roh-note/

11 hours ago, LOC said:

Personally, I'd much rather see AJ vs. Shane to be honest. As much as AJ vs. Cena was amazing from RR and all, let's face it WWE was just waiting to put a world title back on Cena and unless AJ wins it back at EC he isn't going to win it back at WM from him probably. And I don't honestly think Vince would have let AJ run with the title that long if he was going to be buried after wards. What would the point be? HEY HERE IS SOMEONE WHO IS SUPER OVER AND IS AMAZING IN THE RING WITH THE WORLD TITLE....now he's jobbing to Heath Slater. Nah, I don't think so. Dropping the ball with him, sure that's a thing maybe though.

They nearly didn't go with Daniel Bryan, they didn't utilize Wyatt when he was red hot with the crowd. There are many many examples of WWE burying super over talent due to pettiness and backstage politics.

• Like 1

It smells like Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson is cooking up a hot wrestling project: His banner Seven Bucks Productions, which he co-founded with Dany Garcia, is teaming with Misher Films, WWE Studios and Film4 to produce upcoming feature film Fighting With My Family. The comedy-drama is set to be written and directed by Stephen Merchant (The Office) and is based on the true story of WWE star Paige and her family of professional wrestlers.

Merchant will write, direct and exec produce the project, which is inspired by the Channel 4 Brit documentary The Wrestlers: Fighting With My Family. Johnson will play a role in the film while rising star Florence Pugh will star as Paige and Jack Lowden will play her brother Zak.

Film follows the story of reformed gangster and former wrestler Ricky, his wife Julia, daughter Saraya and son Zak who make a living performing in tiny venues across the country. Ricky and Julia want a better life for their children and when brother and sister get the chance to audition for the WWE, it seems the family dream is coming true and all their troubles will be solved. However, Saraya and Zak are about to learn that becoming a WWE Superstar demands more than they ever imagined possible as athletes and siblings.

Seven Bucks’ Johnson, Dany Garcia and Hiram Garcia will exec produce while Kevin Misher of Misher Films will produce alongside WWE Studios President Michael Luisi.

WWE Studios are co-financing the film with Film4, who have developed the project from its inception. It’s expected to begin shooting in Los Angeles and London this month.

http://deadline.com/2017/02/the-rock-dwayne-johnson-wwe-fighting-with-my-family-film-4-wwe-studios-1201903618/