The Big Wrestling Thread!

So they pulled the trigger on randy vs bray. Does it mean that its now going to be aj vs randy vs bray? It will be an awesome wrestling match but it doesnt really fit well as a storyline.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, philixus1988 said:

So they pulled the trigger on randy vs bray. Does it mean that its now going to be aj vs randy vs bray? It will be an awesome wrestling match but it doesnt really fit well as a storyline.

randy betraying bray wyat before wrestle mania...SO unpredictable *sarcasm*

I think they might make it a fatal 4 way somehow by adding harper. but you are right aj vs bray vs randy doesn't fit with storyline. Maybe aj and randy will have a match before wrestlemania to determine who will face bray 

Two more big names gone from TNA...

Mike Bennett and Maria Kanellis-Bennett have departed TNA, PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources.

Their respective contracts expired in late 2016 and they had been working on per appearance deals over the last set of TNA TV tapings.  TNA management had attempted to sign the pair to new contracts and according to one source, had agreed to terms with the company only to later inform TNA they would not be signing.  So, the pair are already done and will not be working this week's TV tapings. 

2 hours ago, wendy oltman said:

randy betraying bray wyat before wrestle mania...SO unpredictable *sarcasm*

I think they might make it a fatal 4 way somehow by adding harper. but you are right aj vs bray vs randy doesn't fit with storyline. Maybe aj and randy will have a match before wrestlemania to determine who will face bray

Yeah, I would have wanted randy to betray wyatt DURING the main event match itself, but let's see where this is heading.

Frankly, I like Luke vs AJ match, Luke has a helluva lot of potential. I would love to see a luke vs aj on wrestlemania card but that would be an injustice to AJ.

Another one gone from TNA...

Former TNA Knockouts champion Jade's deal with TNA has expired and she is now officially a free agent, PWInsider.com has confirmed.  There is no word whether she will be working this week's Impact Wrestling tapings as the company has been working to have all the regulars appearing on the tapings signed to deals.

Jade, real name Stephanie Bell, 27, has been with the company full-time since 2015, initially debuted as a member of the Dollhouse with Taryn Terrell and Marti Belle.  Once that group ran its course, Jade has been pushed as one of the focal points of the Knockouts division and has currently been feuding with Rosemary for the championship.  She received a lot of mainstream media attention last year for speaking out against domestic abuse she has endured in the past.

One gone from WWE now.

Former World Heavyweight champ Jack Swagger has requested his release from WWE … and he’s already done an interview to get the word out.

Swagger appeared on Chael Sonnen‘s podcast and said, “As of yesterday, I asked for my release from WWE.” Adding, “It’s still kind of an ongoing process right now. Basically, it came down to contract negotiations. We were way off. They didn’t value me at what I thought I was valued at.”

“They weren’t giving me the opportunity to make the full amount of income I could for my family, so when you put it like that … it’s time to go.”

Jack was initially drafted to Raw after the brand split, but made the switch to SmackDown Live shortly after and wrestled against Baron Corbin at No Mercy in a losing effort.

He hasn’t been used much on TV since.

Unclear what his plans for the future are … but with Jack’s former manager Zeb Colter aka Dutch Mantell working in creative at Impact Wrestling now and company sources saying they’re looking to freshen up the roster — a reunion between the two sounds possible.

so cena and niiki bella vs miz and maryse might really happen for wrestlemania. SO boring! Miz is a good heel but this match if it happens will be  just rubbish

Finally some good news for TNA this week: they're coming back to British TV - on Spike, which could actually be a step up from Challenge, since it's run by Channel 5 (never thought I'd ever say that about Channel 5) - and they've ditched that new weird logo for a much better one!

Guess Channel 5 are really trying to get back into wrestling now; they used to show WCW over here, now we've had that live 5* Wrestling-run Dominant Wrestling show back in January, there's also the massive 128-man tournament coming this summer, and now TNA on top of that. Good times! The more wrestling we get on free TV, the better.

Oh god, I just hope someone announces who is getting Jeff and Matt already lol This garbage on Twitter suckssssssss. I truly hate that kind of kayfabe crap in this day and age, not to mention its just rumorville all over the place right now. Some sites are reporting that WWE is definitely getting Jeff and NJPW will get Matt more than likely, and one I even saw say the exact opposite lol whatttt?

23 minutes ago, LOC said:

Oh god, I just hope someone announces who is getting Jeff and Matt already lol This garbage on Twitter suckssssssss. I truly hate that kind of kayfabe crap in this day and age, not to mention its just rumorville all over the place right now. Some sites are reporting that WWE is definitely getting Jeff and NJPW will get Matt more than likely, and one I even saw say the exact opposite lol whatttt?

I'm guessing it'll be WWE; they've been mentioning him more often online. Hell, they tweeted this earlier today (and tagged Matt Hardy in it)...

The Hardys will be pretty close to Orlando on WrestleMania weekend, too, challenging The Bucks of Youth for the ROH tag team titles at Supercard of Honor XI. No way would they bring them back at WrestleMania, though; if WWE do re-sign them, I bet they'll return on the Raw or Smackdown after WrestleMania. As for now...

Well, the rumor is Angle will show up after WM on RAW, I doubt they'd bring the Hardy's back the same night. Either at WM or bust on that one, unless they put them on SD I suppose. But I don't think they would put them on SD at this point. Especially if Jeff is the only who comes back in at that point. He'd supposedly get a monster face push, so that'd be on RAW I'm sure.