The Big Wrestling Thread!

For the first time in history, Superstars from not only NXT, but also WWE 205 Live, the U.K. Championship Tournament, PROGRESS Wrestling and Insane Championship Wrestling (ICW) will compete at Axxess.

WWE 205 Live is home to the ring’s top Cruiserweights, and the groundbreaking, critically-acclaimed U.K. Championship Tournament, held over the course of two nights in January, shined a light on the United Kingdom’s toughest competitors. London-based PROGRESS Wrestling and Glasgow, Scotland-based ICW, meanwhile, represent the first non-WWE promotions to have their competitors be featured at Axxess.

Thursday, March 30

Matches featuring Superstars from 205 Live, including:

• Rich Swann vs. The Brian Kendrick
  • TJ Perkins vs. Drew Gulak
  • Plus, returning NXT Superstar Hideo Itami and many others will be in action.

Friday, March 31

Matches featuring Superstars from the U.K. Championship Tournament, PROGRESS Wrestling and ICW, including:

• WWE U.K. Champion Tyler Bate vs. Mark Haskins in a U.K. Championship Match
  • PROGRESS Champion Pete Dunne vs. Mark Andrews
  • Plus, PROGRESS and ICW Superstars such as Jimmy Havoc, TK Cooper, Travis Banks, Dahlia Black, Toni Storm and Jinny will compete in a WWE ring for the first time.

Saturday, April 1 (8 a.m. session)

Matches featuring Superstars from 205 Live, the U.K. Championship Tournament and PROGRESS Wrestling, including:

• Akira Tozawa vs. Ariya Daivari
  • PROGRESS Champion Pete Dunne vs. Wolfgang
  • WWE U.K. Champion Tyler Bate vs. Joseph Conners in a U.K. Championship Match
  • And many other bouts

Saturday, April 1 (1 p.m. session) 

Matches featuring NXT Superstars and former NXT Superstars, including:

• Heavy Machinery vs. The Vaudevillians
  • Tino Sabbatelli & Riddick Moss vs. The Ascension
  • Plus, matches featuring Liv Morgan, Daria Berenato and more Superstars.

Saturday, April 1 (6 p.m. session) 

Matches featuring Superstars from NXT, 205 Live and the U.K. Championship Tournament, including:

• Akira Tozawa vs. Steve Cutler
  • ICW Heavyweight Champion Trent Seven vs. Noam Dar
  • TJ Perkins & Mustafa Ali vs. Tino Sabbatelli & Riddick Moss

Sunday, April 2

Matches featuring Superstars from the U.K. Championship Tournament, PROGRESS Wrestling and ICW, including:

• ICW Heavyweight Champion Trent Seven vs. Wolfgang
  • WWE U.K. Champion Tyler Bate vs. Pete Dunne in a U.K. Championship Match
  • Plus, PROGRESS and ICW Superstars such as Mark Haskins, Jimmy Havoc, TK Cooper, Travis Banks, Dahlia Black, Toni Storm and Jinny.

*Talent listed and depicted above is subject to change

Holy ######. Big shocker all around, but worth mentioning one bit on its own: Jimmy ######## Havoc in a WWE ring! :D Fingers crossed they air these matches on the Network.

33 minutes ago, MightyJordan said:

I love this. It's the right thing to do, DDP was a basically the reason why Hall got in WCW and nWo was born later.  Not to mention all the great things this guy did for Hall, Jake Roberts and so on.

• Like 2

That Rusev Snickers commercial is great. I had no idea he wasn't really from Bulgaria! :D

Also, that MIz stuff is god damn gold. I know he isn't going to win at Wrestlemania but damn it he should. He should be the top heel, period.

As for Bischoff inducting DDP, that's awesome. I don't know if that means DDP or Bischoff will actually work for WWE again now, but one can only hope so. At least from a creative point of view no?

On 3/22/2017 at 6:25 PM, LOC said:

As for Bischoff inducting DDP, that's awesome. I don't know if that means DDP or Bischoff will actually work for WWE again now, but one can only hope so. At least from a creative point of view no?

DDP, in my opinion, is always welcome to work in whatever role in WWE, he deserves it. Bischoff, on the other hand, as much as I would love to have him back for one more run in a creative position, I fear that it would be on paper only, Vince wouldn't allow anything more, that old bastard...

World of Sport Wrestling's been picked up for a 10-episode series! Impact Wrestling's on board this time, too.

Thirty years after the original WOS ended – and legendary stars such as Big Daddy, Mick McManus and Rollerball Rocco left British screens – this new series will feature the very best of today’s wrestlers from the current red-hot U.K. wrestling scene.

They will compete in front of a live audience at the intimate Preston Guild Hall on Thursday 25th May and Friday 26th May (doors 7pm / bell time 7.30pm).

Tickets for these historic shows will go on sale at 9am on Friday 7th April from Gigsandtours.com / Ticketmaster.co.uk / prestonguildhall.co.uk

There will also be a launch event this Monday (27th March) at 2pm in Manchester, where the full details of the WOS live shows will be announced, including the roster. Press and fans are invited to attend to the launch, which will include a Q&A and meet & greet. Places are extremely limited, to reserve one please email wswaudience@itv.com

7 hours ago, LOC said:

^^^^ Kinda had a good LOL from that one. Also, is that Orton as Nikki? Sure looked like him, but I couldn't tell for sure.

No, it's Tyler Breeze. It was a follow-up from this week's Smackdown.