The Big Wrestling Thread!

WWE has announced a blockbuster signing in the form of 22-year-old prodigy Lio Rush.

Internationally recognized as one of the ring’s top high-flyers, Rush officially joined the WWE Performance Center today in Orlando, Fla.

Born Lionel Gerard Green, of Lanham, Md., Rush wrestled in high school, becoming a two-time All-American and three-time state qualifier. He began training for sports-entertainment in 2014 and, in less than three years, has competed in 43 states, Canada, Mexico, the United Kingdom, Germany and Ireland. In 2016, he won Ring of Honor’s Top Prospect Tournament, and earlier this year, he held the Combat Zone Wrestling Heavyweight Championship.

The 160-pounder quickly became a fan favorite on the independent scene for his daredevil creativity and unbelievable resiliency, as well as his “Dragon’s Call” finisher, a devastating frog splash that recalls D’Lo Brown’s split-leg variation. In joining the WWE PC, Rush reunites with a former tag team partner, current NXT Superstar The Velveteen Dream, with whom Rush co-held the Maryland Championship Wrestling Tag Team Titles in 2015.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/article/wwe-signs-lio-rush

I'm glad I discovered Wrestling with Wregret a few weeks ago. Along with a few other channels, I'm liking my wrestling news intake right now. Slat Rock Wrestling is near the top of my favorite channels list when it comes to wrestling stuff though, they do good lists and what not. :D (And of course, WrestletalkTV is still awesome even without the talk show anymore)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, LOC said:

I'm glad I discovered Wrestling with Wregret a few weeks ago. Along with a few other channels, I'm liking my wrestling news intake right now. Slat Rock Wrestling is near the top of my favorite channels list when it comes to wrestling stuff though, they do good lists and what not. :D (And of course, WrestletalkTV is still awesome even without the talk show anymore)

WhatCulture bay-bay!

38 minutes ago, Nefarious Trigger said:

WhatCulture bay-bay!

Speaking of them, just realised I haven't mentioned the Pro Wrestling World Cup; that's wrapping up this weekend.

Last night's quarter-finals are up as well, but the thumbnail obviously spoils the results for the round of 16.

• Like 1

On 8/25/2017 at 4:09 PM, MightyJordan said:

Speaking of them, just realised I haven't mentioned the Pro Wrestling World Cup; that's wrapping up this weekend.

Last night's quarter-finals are up as well, but the thumbnail obviously spoils the results for the round of 16.

The finals just started streaming!

AAA's Triplemanía XXV was on last night, streamed on Twitch for free. A lot of it's gonna end up on Botchamania again, and Sexy Star cemented her reputation as a complete *insert swear word here*. The fatal four-way title match she was in consisted of her spending most of the match outside not getting involved, no-selling practically everything - including chair shots & dustbin lids - shooting on Lady Shani and Ayako Hamada, and to top it off, trying to break Rosemary's arm, keeping an armbar locked in for ages after the match, and even trying to reapply it after the ref pulled her off (it's around the 2h20m mark in the stream). Rosemary thankfully seems to have escaped serious injury. Still, Vampiro had to drag Sexy to her backstage in order to apologise, and then she quickly left the building, as Lady Shani was understandably angry and wanted to continue things in the locker room. http://pwinsider.com/article/111916/updated-gfw-star-injured-at-aaa-triplemania.html?p=1

Unsurprisingly, a lot of GFW and indy wrestlers have voiced their outrage. Sami Callihan's tweet probably sums up the general sentiment best...

Sexy Star's probably blackballed herself from every half-decent promotion outside of Mexico now (not counting Lucha Underground, obviously).

And now to lighten the mood and finish on a high note, some gold from EC3...

59a356a6d1a30_screenshot-twitter.com2017-08-2800-32-37.thumb.png.7cc4829c37cf029f38a84d973d6237bd.png

There's gonna be another name added to the "list", I think. And not the list that one wants to end up on, either; but the list that keeps one from WORKING.

/smh ... Star knew what she was doing to the other three people in the match. And it's BS. There's gonna be a receipt.

• Like 2