The Big Wrestling Thread!

24 minutes ago, Unobscured Vision said:

There's gonna be another name added to the "list", I think. And not the list that one wants to end up on, either; but the list that keeps one from WORKING.

/smh ... Star knew what she was doing to the other three people in the match. And it's BS. There's gonna be a receipt.

She was already known for having a Hulk Hogan-sized ego before this - hell, to avoid dropping AAA's mixed tag team title to someone she didn't like about a year-and-a-half ago, she relinquished it (leaving Pentagón Jr. to defend them solo) then swiftly retired from wrestling, had a boxing match, then came back to wrestling this year - but at least Hogan never deliberately injured anyone (that we know of).

• Like 2

Yep. I remember reading about that.

Wonder what this will do to her standing in LU? Because it's a VERY tightly-knit locker room there, and the talent there does NOT play that [expletive].

23 minutes ago, Unobscured Vision said:

Wonder what this will do to her standing in LU? Because it's a VERY tightly-knit locker room there, and the talent there does NOT play that [expletive].

We don't know if there'll even be a season 4 at the moment; it's still yet to be confirmed. :/

14 hours ago, LOC said:

Ambrose? Really?

They focus on kayfabe, mostly, but yeah, couple of dubious entries in the top 10. The Miz definitely had a good year, but I wouldn't say he was top 10; top 20 almost certainly.

Joey Ryan raised a good point, too...

^^ He came 141st, by the way. Cody came 33rd.

It doesn't look like the entire list has been released yet, but most of it is already up (and will probably be filled in later): http://profightdb.com/pwi-500/2017.html

Worth bearing in mind that the list only takes into account what happened from July 31 2016 to June 30 2017, so recent champions like Eli Drake and Drew McIntyre are gonna be lower than expected.

Some interesting British wrestling notes: Neville ranked 11th, the top British guy outside of WWE is Will Ospreay in 21st, and as for El Ligero...

As for where the top champions of major promotions rank (and where they were last year)...

• WWE Universal Champion - Brock Lesnar: 25th (-6)
  • WWE Champion - Jinder Mahal: 30th (N/A - hasn't been on the list since 2014)
  • NXT Champion - Drew McIntyre: 58th (-47)
  • WWE United Kingdom Champion + PROGRESS World Champion - Pete Dunne: 29th (+367!)
  • GFW Global Champion - Eli Drake: 184th (-90)
  • ROH World Champion - Cody Rhodes: 33rd (+78)
  • Lucha Underground Champion + AAA Mega Champion - Johnny Mundo: 24th (+38)
  • IWGP Heavyweight Champion - Kazuchika Okada: 1st (+1)

6 hours ago, MightyJordan said:

Now that the forum's working again...

After much consideration, I will be stepping back my weekly role as Smackdown Announcer to dedicate more continuous time on the work I have done since 2010 with at risk kids and communities. My new schedule will allow me to continue to be a part of the WWE family and also continue my work that I feel is the most important thing in my life. I will continue my 20+ year relationship with WWE and will appear on such marquee shows as Tribute to the Troops, WrestleMania, amongst others.

With the help of Beyond Sport, I founded Beyond Rugby Bermuda in 2010--which has been recognized as one of the world's best charities for work with at risk, gang focused, youth intervention. Beyond Rugby Bermuda won the 2014 NACRA Fair Play Award out of 7,000 programs and 17 countries for its work with at risk kids. I was named as a Beyond Sport Global Ambassador--an organization backed by all major sports leagues in the U.S.

I'm proud to say that in addition to being Smackdown's longest reigning WWE Champion, I inspired WWE's Tribute to the Troops over 10 years ago. WWE has been my partner in all my philanthropic works and this new deal with WWE ensures that will continue. WWE has made my dreams come true and helped me become a global name. And now, WWE is helping me use that name to make a difference.

Effective immediately, Jeff Jarrett is taking an indefinite leave of absence from his position as Chief Creative Officer to focus on personal matters. Jeff will be available on a consultative basis as needed.

http://impactwrestling.com/gfw-update/

Dave Meltzer said in the WON there was some concern about his condition at Triplemania; there's also a rumour suggesting he was "under the influence", but no solid evidence of that.