The Big Wrestling Thread!

23 hours ago, MightyJordan said:

Well, Sid's certainly full of ######, isn't he? At least the show got an upgrade in the end.

Sounds like Sid is one of those "it is never my fault" people.  Pay the damn ticket, get a passport.  I haven't flown in a plane for 30 years, but even *I* knew about the new travel laws about some states now require a passport.

On 1/2/2018 at 1:54 PM, jamwheat said:

Was that a "pounce" move there that did it?  Looked that way.

tumblr_p0vnaqXZBR1u1ljrzo1_540.gif

About halfway through WK12 so far, and there were a lot of GIFs on Twitter, so spoilers ahoy!

Spoiler

So I'm thinking of watching some NJPW stuff now. Cuz WK12 looked awesome as hell. I know NJPW has been doing great work for years now, but man some of those matches looked amazing. And from all the top 10 matches of the year lists out now for 2017 and like, all 3 of the Omega vs. Okada (I think it was Okada) matches are in those lists lol I think Dave Meltzer game one of those matches a 6 star rating out of 5....so yeah good stuff.

• Like 2

On 1/8/2018 at 6:12 PM, LOC said:

So I'm thinking of watching some NJPW stuff now. Cuz WK12 looked awesome as hell. I know NJPW has been doing great work for years now, but man some of those matches looked amazing. And from all the top 10 matches of the year lists out now for 2017 and like, all 3 of the Omega vs. Okada (I think it was Okada) matches are in those lists lol I think Dave Meltzer game one of those matches a 6 star rating out of 5....so yeah good stuff.

Yeah, he went a little overboard with the ratings in 2017; you wait 23 years for another 6* match and then three of them turn up at once (plus a 5.75* match that he probably docked a quarter-star just because Naito was in it instead of Okada). :p 

5a5659aa27567_screenshot-www.profightdb.com2018-01-1018-21-19-434.thumb.png.504b6e4b64bbc11166db5b03214512e6.png

Everyone's still waiting on his ratings for WK12; there's bound to be at least two 5*'s in there.

At the very least, we know how big the show was: 34,995 paying fans in attendance and over 43,000 in total at the Tokyo Dome; big jump from the last few years - almost certainly fueled by foreign fans flying in to see Jericho vs. Omega - and the biggest wrestling show in Japan in ~15 years. https://www.f4wonline.com/japan/njpw-wrestle-kingdom-12-draws-34995-paid-tokyo-dome-249246 NJPW World had a hell of a jump, too, going from ~70k to ~95k subscribers in just 2 days for WK12; the same time last year, they went from ~50k to ~60k. And to top it all off for now, they recently announced their first ever shows in Australia.

Meanwhile, looks like Impact's gone back to a four-sided ring...

...and they're probably about to announce some sort of deal with Twitch, going by that ring apron on the right.