The Big Wrestling Thread!

Personally, I'd love to see Rey Mysterio pop in for a hello, but that's unlikely. I'd also like to see Hogan (even less likely for now) and the Anvil and Bret and a few others. But its already a super stacked show. If anyone is going in expecting actual wrestling on RAW tonight - prepared to be blow away lol

1 hour ago, LOC said:

Personally, I'd love to see Rey Mysterio pop in for a hello, but that's unlikely. I'd also like to see Hogan (even less likely for now) and the Anvil and Bret and a few others. But its already a super stacked show. If anyone is going in expecting actual wrestling on RAW tonight - prepared to be blow away lol

Funny you mention Mysterio, he's supposedly coming down here next month, along with Rob Van Dam and a few others.

Back from the dead; they held a show in Dundee almost exactly a year ago that aired live on Spike (now 5Spike), promised a big 128-man tournament in the summer (just before the channel cut them off), and then nothing happened until now. They've struck a deal with a new channel called FreeSports, touring the UK and airing each show live starting on the 1st.

I'm glad it's gonna be on TV, as they're charging over £30 at the Plymouth show just for tiered seating and nearly £50 to be on the floor; sod that for a game of soldiers. I paid £55 for a floor ticket when NXT came here about a year-and-a-half ago; 15 of the 23 wrestlers I saw that night made it to the main roster, and 5 are current champions: Andrade "Cien" Almas, Alexa Bliss, Bobby Roode, Jason Jordan, and Austin Aries, albeit "all over the world". :p

Ruh-roh...

Pro Wrestling Sheet has confirmed WWE Cruiserweight Champion Enzo Amore is being investigated by police in Arizona for allegedly raping a woman last year inside a hotel room.

The woman — who didn’t want to be named — came forward with her story on Twitter today and shared graphic details of the alleged assault that she says took place back in October.

[I've left out the details, but they're in the article if you want to read them.]

A rep for the Phoenix PD confirmed that a report was filed and the incident is still under investigation. However, we’re told the bulk of the investigation is complete and police are just waiting on lab results.

Sources tell us the alleged incident took place on October 19th in the early morning. According to Enzo’s Instagram, he was in Phoenix on October 18th and returned to L.A. the next night.

A rep for WWE tells us, “WWE has zero tolerance for matters involving sexual harassment or sexual assault. Until this matter is resolved, Eric Arndt (aka Enzo Amore) has been suspended.”

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/enzo-amore-rape-allegations/

21 hours ago, Unobscured Vision said:

Hoo boy ... whether true or not, I don't think we'll be seeing him again. Ever.

...aaaand he's gone; you were right.

6 minutes ago, Unobscured Vision said:

Damn, that was quick.

This might be the reason...

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

205 Live will be interesting this week; see what they'll do with the Cruiserweight title now.

So, Raw 25. That was a letdown, wasn't it? Feel sorry for the fans over in the Manhattan Center; just read an account from someone who was there, and they really got fleeced.

If he really tries to bring back the XFL, he's officially lost it mentally. Unless he bribes people to watch it, it'll fail yet again. Even though I'm 99% sure it'll only air on the WWE Network - it'll still fail. Sigh.

Anyways, here's Sasha Banks on Hot Ones eating spicy wings!

Whoa, spicy!

Not sure why it's not just putting the video in the post. So just a link for now I guess?

6 minutes ago, LOC said:

If he really tries to bring back the XFL, he's officially lost it mentally. Unless he bribes people to watch it, it'll fail yet again. Even though I'm 99% sure it'll only air on the WWE Network - it'll still fail. Sigh.

You didn't watch the 30 for 30, did you?

1 minute ago, LOC said:

No I didn't watch it, why does he discuss the XFL in it or seem like he's mentally unstable or something?

Its completely about the XFL and what happened.

A lot of it wasn't his fault. It was sabotaged by others. 

And at the end, Vince and Dick Ebersol talk about trying again and Vince said he thought about it often.

21 minutes ago, episode said:

And at the end, Vince and Dick Ebersol talk about trying again and Vince said he thought about it often.

Ah, I tried going to the ESPN site to watch it, but I can only see like 3 1 minute videos on it. I assume its on ESPN's on demand or whatever service. Unless its on Youtube, which I'm going to search later. Might be an interesting thing to watch considering today's possible XFL return :p

51 minutes ago, LOC said:

Ah, I tried going to the ESPN site to watch it, but I can only see like 3 1 minute videos on it. I assume its on ESPN's on demand or whatever service. Unless its on Youtube, which I'm going to search later. Might be an interesting thing to watch considering today's possible XFL return :p

For some reason they don't make the 30 for 30s available. They are even hard to get in the ESPN app/streaming. I'm sure you can find it on the net though. 

CBS Sports has confirmed the XFL will be returning in 2020

As if 2017 was not crazy enough, 2018 has fired its opening salvo as the return of the XFL, a controversial football league originally founded by Vince McMahon in 1999, will be officially announced on Thursday, sources close to the situation confirm to CBS Sports.

While the return of the XFL will be made official Thursday, CBS Sports has also learned that the league is not expected to start up again until 2020. McMahon, who rushed the original XFL into existence without so much as a full slate of offseason practices to prepare for the league's inaugural year, has apparently learned his lesson from one of the XFL's biggest initial mistakes. 

https://www.cbssports.com/wwe/news/this-is-the-xfl-again-controversial-football-league-set-to-return-in-2020/

Also

5 hours ago, episode said:

For some reason they don't make the 30 for 30s available. They are even hard to get in the ESPN app/streaming. I'm sure you can find it on the net though. 

I managed to finally watch it recently after BT Sport aired it again; it was a good watch.

He's already made a good start by promising no WWE-type stuff this time around, as that put a lot of people off originally. He ######ed up though by claiming the XFL would stay out of politics then go on to say all players will be forced to stand for the national anthem. Let's face it: it's definitely political. Linda's in Trump's cabinet, this is trying to capitalise on the whole national anthem controversy in the NFL; you know ol' Agent Orange is gonna plug the hell out of the XFL this time around and give it yuge publicity.

• Like 2

On 1/25/2018 at 10:34 AM, episode said:

I remember watching the first XFL game--Vince McMahon walked to the center of the field in FULL "Mr. McMahon" mode, right down to the power walk/strut that he made famous on RAW and Smackdown, and then proceeded to shout (again, in his full "Mr. McMahon" character), "THIS IS THE XFL!!" Right then and there, I thought the XFL would fail, because McMahon couldn't keep his ego out of it, and couldn't leave WWE out of it. Sadly, I was right. Hopefully, McMahon has learned from his mistakes, but somehow, I doubt it.

• Like 1