The Big Wrestling Thread!

29 minutes ago, robertwnielsen said:

I remember watching the first XFL game--Vince McMahon walked to the center of the field in FULL "Mr. McMahon" mode, right down to the power walk/strut that he made famous on RAW and Smackdown, and then proceeded to shout (again, in his full "Mr. McMahon" character), "THIS IS THE XFL!!" Right then and there, I thought the XFL would fail, because McMahon couldn't keep his ego out of it, and couldn't leave WWE out of it. Sadly, I was right. Hopefully, McMahon has learned from his mistakes, but somehow, I doubt it.

Definitely worth posting a couple of great retrospectives on the original XFL now.

Man, if Taker is in the Rumble - and wins it somehow, WWE better do the angle right. Whether its actually Takers final match or not - and whether its Cena or not, its a big deal for a lot of people. Maybe he'll interfere in the Lesnar match or something to set up a WM match with Kane? I dunno.

So, that NXT Takeover last night was a thing huh? Damn solid matches, especially the Cole match and the main event with Gargano(sp?). First time I've seen this Velvatine Dream guy. Man, he's super going into character with that character lol Maybe WWE won't screw up his gimmick when he gets the call up eventually. And, so yeah, War Machine, Ricochet and EC3 were all in the audience and shown on camera. That's a thing also eh?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, LOC said:

So, that NXT Takeover last night was a thing huh? Damn solid matches, especially the Cole match and the main event with Gargano(sp?). First time I've seen this Velvatine Dream guy. Man, he's super going into character with that character lol Maybe WWE won't screw up his gimmick when he gets the call up eventually. And, so yeah, War Machine, Ricochet and EC3 were all in the audience and shown on camera. That's a thing also eh?

Yep, NXT knocked it out of the park yet again.

Meanwhile in Japan shortly after...

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 4:11 PM, LOC said:

Man, if Taker is in the Rumble - and wins it somehow, WWE better do the angle right. Whether its actually Takers final match or not - and whether its Cena or not, its a big deal for a lot of people. Maybe he'll interfere in the Lesnar match or something to set up a WM match with Kane? I dunno.

Well, Taker wasn't in the Rumble match, and it doesn't appear he did anything for the Lesnar match, either. To paraphrase Paul Heyman:

"Your winner, and still, the reigning, defending, Universal Champion...BRRRRRRRRRROCK LESNAR!!" 

9 hours ago, LOC said:

Golden Lovers? Please tell me that's not a gay storyline and just a bad translation type of thing? Also whattttttt?

Not a gay storyline, but they definitely were a tag team called Golden☆Lovers. They formed in DDT in 2009, which probably explains the unusual name - and their tag team finisher being called the Golden Shower - they were together for five years, crossed over to NJPW, then mutually split in 2014 after Kota Ibushi went up to heavyweight and Kenny Omega decided to remain a junior heavyweight. Omega made the jump in 2016 in memorable fashion...

...and we all know where AJ Styles went after that.

Never got that Omega/Nakamura match, though, as he signed with WWE shortly after, too.

Wow, Coach is back. Nice! Always loved him and was kinda down when he left for ESPN. But, did he leave ESPN? I know they have done layoffs there lately and all?

And the Dudleys in the HOF, awesome! Gonna be an interesting speech from them.....and obviously Paul Heyman will induct them? Unless Tommy Dreamer is a possibility?

Longtime Impact Wrestling personality Jeremy Borash has been hired by World Wrestling Entertainment, PWInsider.com has confirmed.  Several Impact sources confirmed this morning that Borash has given them notice that he was leaving. 

Borash was backstage at the WWE events over the last several days in Philadelphia, but initially was telling those who asked that he was just visiting friends.  However, the word backstage at Raw last night was that Borash has been hired by WWE. 

Borash was doing commentary voiceovers for upcoming episodes of Impact Wrestling this past Thursday and was at Friday night's House of Hardcore event in Philly filming material for Impact as well, which appear to have been his final duties for the company.

It’s not an understatement that Borash was in many ways the heart and soul of Impact Wrestling behind the scenes.  His exit is probably one of the most shocking in Impact history.  The departure is as major as Gene Okerlund jumping from Verne Gagne’s American Wrestling Association to the WWF in the 1980s in terms of perception, only it’s a far worse loss for Impact.

Borash has been one of the longest tenured Impact employees, dating back to the company's formation in 2002.  He held many different hats there, most notably ring announcing, commentating and doing backstage interviews at different points in front of the camera.   In recent months, he had been the lead announcer, which means WWE just signed Impact’s lead announcer right after Impact has tons of episodes with his work in the can that will air for the next several months.

Behind the scenes, Borash was really the company MVP as he could be counted on to handle everything asked of him.  He worked on the creative side and was a tireless producer and content creator for the company, most famously editing and putting together the Hardy "Broken Universe" material and Impact's British Bootcamp reality series. He would run production and execution of live events.  He spearheaded the company’s dive into social media and was a massive cheerleader for all things Impact Wrestling. 

Borash was the glue that at times, helped to hold Impact together behind the scenes.  He was the constant that could always be counted on by those running the company, especially in the Dixie Carter era.  Without Borash, that company will never be the same.  It cannot be overstated: this is a massive loss.

https://www.pwinsider.com/article/115204/wwe-hires-jeremy-borash.html?p=1

On top of this, the segments will hopefully return to the broken heights soon.

Wow, Borash of all people eh. If he shows up on TV though, I wonder what kind of reaction he would get.

Also, WWE has been burying this "woken" gimmick now for weeks, I don't think all the cool stuff from the "broken" side of the tracks is going to change things. Unless they go all out and PUSH him.

Matt Hardy is now listed as the owner of TNA's trademark applications for Broken Matt, Brother Nero, Broken Brillance, and Vanguard1. 

On January 8th, Ed Nordholm and Matt Hardy signed an agreement that handed over ownership of the four trademarks to Hardy. 

TNA had until January 28th to respond to a non-final refusal issued on July 28th of last year or else they would have been abandoned. 

As of January 31st, when the official transfer of ownership took place, the four trademarks are still live and are now officially in Matt Hardy's hands.

Officially and legally, Hardy has ownership of the trademarks.

https://www.pwinsider.com/article/115284/matt-hardy-officially-owns-all-trademarks-related-to-the-broken-universe.html

• Like 2