The Big Wrestling Thread!

Sports Illustrated’s Justin Barrasso is reporting Rey Mysterio is working on a WWE return, and it may involve a major Wrestlemania 34 match.

According to Barrasso, Mysterio is backstage at tonight’s WWE Smackdown television tapings to work out potential plans for a Wrestlemania match, and the rumored opponent being floated around right now is none other than John Cena.

968680593352425472968680593352425472http://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone/news/927531-rey-mysterio-reportedly-working-on-wrestlemania-return-major-name-rumored-as-his-opponent

• Like 2

Jeff's ######ed it again...

WWE star Jeff Hardy was arrested on Saturday evening 3/10 for driving while impaired in Concord, North Carolina, PWInsider.com has confirmed.

Hardy, 40-years old, was arrested at 10:20 PM on 3/10 at 4545 Concord Pkwy South, according to the Cabarrus County Sherriff’s Office.    He was released a little over an hour later at 11:24 PM.  No details have been released yet on the circumstances leading to the arrest.

Hardy has also been hit with a 30 day pretrial revocation of his driver's licence, which means that currently, he cannot legally drive.  That is a normal procedure in the State following an arrest of that nature.  He is slated to appear in Cabarrus County Court on 4/16 in regard to his arrest.

The former WWE champion has been out of action since undergoing surgery for a torn labrum and a torn rotator cuff in September 2017.  He has been slated to head to the WWE Performance Center later this month to work out in the ring in advance of his return to action.

With Jeff out of action, hs brother Matt Hardy has been feuding with Bray Wyatt.  WWE filmed the latest chapter of that feud, Ultimate Deletion, on the Hardy compound this past Friday 3/9.  There is no word yet whether Jeff Hardy was slated to (or did) appear in any fashion during the filming.

Obviously, the story is developing, and we will have more details as they emerge.

https://www.pwinsider.com/article/116030/jeff-hardy-arrested.html?p=1

Damn, that sucks. Thought Jeff got his life back together again - but I guess relapsing is fairly common. Still, driving while under the influence is pretty bad, whether its alcohol or drugs. I guess this means he's gonna either be future endeavored real quick, or just not be a part of the Woken Hardy gimmick for the foreseeable future.

So, guess it's drink-driving. For what it's worth, Jey Uso got arrested for the same thing back in January and he pretty much escaped punishment from WWE. Obviously, Jeff Hardy's on thin ice in comparison, due to his history, and he's still got two wellness policy strikes to his name, although alcohol doesn't fall under the policy, so provided there's nothing else involved, maybe he'll get sent to rehab instead of being future endeavoured. Either way, it's almost certainly thrown a spanner into the works for The Ultimate Deletion.

As noted, Jeff Hardy was arrested for Driving While Impaired on Saturday night in Concord, North Carolina after an accident on Concord Parkway. The incident occurd at 8:11pm. Hardy was arrested at 10:39pm EST and released later that night. The police report notes that Hardy totaled his 2016 Cadillac CTS-V with an estimated $8,000 in damages. Hardy was not traveling over the speed limit but was going an estimated 50 mph at the time of impact.

According to TMZ.com, Hardy submitted to a breathalyzer  test and blew a .25 – more than three times the legal limit.

Officer Kelemecz wrote the following on the accident in the police report:

“Driver of Vehicle #1 ran off the roadway to the right, in turn striking about 105 feet of guardrail before the back end of the car spun out 90 degrees to the left, coming to rest in the middle of the right N bound lane of travel. The driver was arrested and charged with DWI.”

The police report lists an estimated $5,000 in damages to the 105 foot of guardrail, owned by the NC Department of Transportation, which could be a factor in any restitution that the court orders Hardy to pay. As is standard in NC following a DWI arrest, Hardy’s license have been suspended. His first court date is scheduled for Monday, April 16th in Cabarrus County.

In an update, WWE issued the following statement on the arrest:

“Jeff Hardy is responsible for his own personal actions. We are investigating the matter and awaiting information from local law enforcement officials.”

While Jeff has not commented on the arrest, it looks like brother Matt Hardy did reference the arrest in a late tweet on Sunday. Matt tweeted:

http://www.sescoops.com/wwe-issues-statement-on-jeff-hardy-arrest/

WWE's statement is a cut and paste from their Jey Uso one, so Jeff might get lucky.

Wait, they are inducting ######## Kid Rock? I guess sure why not. I wonder if Vince is doing this because Kid Rock is a big Trump supporter these days and maybe Linda nudged him that way. But hey, he did do some theme songs for WWE right? So, there's that I suppose. Don't know if that warrants a HOF spot, but it is in the celebrity wing so :|

34 minutes ago, LOC said:

I wonder if Vince is doing this because Kid Rock is a big Trump supporter these days and maybe Linda nudged him that way.

Considering the XFL's getting revived, I wouldn't be surprised if it's all to appease Agent Orange.

18 hours ago, LOC said:

Wait, they are inducting ######## Kid Rock? I guess sure why not. I wonder if Vince is doing this because Kid Rock is a big Trump supporter these days and maybe Linda nudged him that way. But hey, he did do some theme songs for WWE right? So, there's that I suppose. Don't know if that warrants a HOF spot, but it is in the celebrity wing so :|

This just further proves how big of a joke their Hall of Fame is.  This moron did pretty much nothing and yet he gets inducted in while actual wrestlers that put their time in on the road entertaining fans get snubbed.  Every year they devalue their HOF...

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, grendal said:

This just further proves how big of a joke their Hall of Fame is.  This moron did pretty much nothing and yet he gets inducted in while actual wrestlers that put their time in on the road entertaining fans get snubbed.  Every year they devalue their HOF...

Yeah, Kid Rock going in before Cyndi Lauper, and Lemmy/Motörhead is pretty ######ed up.

• Like 2

Anyway, here's something to cheer everyone up: a huge pop from German promotion wXw!

I read up on the history leading up to this and no wonder they went nuts.

Spoiler

16 Carat Gold is wXw's big annual tournament run over a weekend, like PWG's Battle of Los Angeles. The winner gets a shot at their Unified World Wrestling Championship.

Dragunov won the tournament last year after a face turn...

...and cashed in his title shot in December at their 17th Anniversary show, losing in a brutal and bloody no holds barred match against Bad Bones.

After the match, he pretty much vanished from everything, wXw, social media, the lot. He apparently has a bunch of personal circumstances that forced him to step back from wrestling; recently became a father, has a well-paid job outside of wrestling, among other stuff.

wXw tweeted a thank you message to him after the show, and that was it; no mention of him at all until his surprise return on Saturday, inserted into the world title match between Bad Bones and WALTER, which he won (then he successfully defended the title on the final night against Matt Riddle). He's only 24, as well, so to get a reaction like that is madness!

Now wXw do a lot of cross-promo stuff with PROGRESS, which is how I heard of them, and quite a few wrestlers from both sides have appeared in each other's shows, especially the guys from wXw's Ringkampf stable showing up in PROGRESS: Axel Dieter Jr., Timothy Thatcher, and WALTER, who's the current 2-time PROGRESS Atlas Champion (great title, by the way; it's like a reverse Cruiserweight title: minimum weight limit of 205lbs, so the matches are mostly hard-hitting affairs between big hermits, usually WALTER and Matt Riddle, who always knock it out of the park). If Dragunov's willing to do shows outside of Germany, expect him to show up in PROGRESS - maybe even the wXw show that PROGRESS are hosting in London next week - and other big indie promotions in the near-future, maybe even across the pond to PWG's BOLA tournament later this year; he definitely seems like one to keep an eye on.