The Big Wrestling Thread!

1 hour ago, George P said:

I really should try to watch more nxt. 

Totally (and 205 Live, too, but that's another story). TakeOver Chicago's in two weeks' time, and the card's already shaping up well.

Yeah, they are pretty cool aren't they? This is only the 2nd one right? They did Bayley and now Harper. I hope they continue with them, I'd love to see some of the older stars get the "Formerly known as" treatment. Specificlaly, people like Cena, Ziggler, Taker (that would be a good one, but kayfabe and all right) etc would all be excellent choices for this series.

6 hours ago, LOC said:

This is only the 2nd one right? They did Bayley and now Harper.

4th one; they did Seth Rollins first...

...then Matt Hardy, before getting to Bayley and Harper.

Hiring Don Callis is probably the best decision Anthem's made since buying Impact; this could be the first step towards a new NJPW partnership, thanks to him working his magic behind the scenes on both sides.

Last nights RAW was good overall, but I still think Smack down is the better show at this point in time.

12 hours ago, George P said:

Last nights RAW was good overall, but I still think Smack down is the better show at this point in time.

Definitely been the case since WrestleMania, at least, which makes a nice change.

WWE Senior Ringside Physician Chris Amaan's libel and slander trial against CM Punk and Colt Cabana wrapped in Cook County, Illinois today with the jury ruling in favor of Punk & Cabana on all counts filed by Amann. The former WWE Superstars will not have to pay anything to Amann.

It was noted that Cabana looked relieved after the verdict while Punk & wife AJ Lee were crying. According to Nick Hausman of Wrestle Zone, Amann was said to be staring off blankly.

The trial kicked off last Wednesday over comments Punk made about Amann on Cabana's "Art of Wrestling" podcast in 2014, a few months after his WWE release. The jury deliberated for just a few hours today.

No word yet on what is next for the parties involved but we will keep you updated. Amann remains employed by WWE while Cabana continues to work indies. Punk has not wrestled since leaving WWE but he will return to the Octagon this Saturday at UFC 225 in Chicago, facing Mike Jackson, who also has a record of 0-1-0.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2018/0605/641519/jury-decides-in-chris-amann-vs-cm-punk-colt-cabana-trial/