The Big Wrestling Thread!

That was the best opening to RAW in forever, Ronda needs to show up and judo throw more people often.  I hope this feud with Alexa is done well.

Setting the seeds for a Rousey heel turn ehhhh? Unless they turn Angle heel lol Still, pretty good segment indeed. I just wish they'd decide what they were gonna do with Braun at this point. Is he the unstoppable monster (who's been stopped though...) the stupid goofy fun loving oaf or something in between? Yeesh. Also, Corbin was funny leaving Owens at the end there lol I laughed out loud.

3 hours ago, George P said:

That was the best opening to RAW in forever, Ronda needs to show up and judo throw more people often.  I hope this feud with Alexa is done well.

The mere fact that she's double-jointed will result in a gnarly-looking payoff when the armbar's applied.

...well, bugger me, just saw two big stories from WWE in the last hour; annoyingly, one of them is a big spoiler from the Royal Albert Hall shows. ?

Bit of a shock, and no "best of luck in their future endeavours", either, so something bad must have happened.

And here's the spoiler...

Spoiler

54 minutes ago, MightyJordan said:

...well, bugger me, just saw two big stories from WWE in the last hour; annoyingly, one of them is a big spoiler from the Royal Albert Hall shows. ?

Bit of a shock, and no "best of luck in their future endeavours", either, so something bad must have happened.

And here's the spoiler...

Reveal hidden contents

Pretty sure it had to do with the little person Cass was in the ring with. Cass was likely told not to attack him.

It's all PC now, can't go beating up a little person on live tv and expect to keep your job

4 minutes ago, timster said:

Pretty sure it had to do with the little person Cass was in the ring with. Cass was likely told not to attack him.

It's all PC now, can't go beating up a little person on live tv and expect to keep your job

They told him backstage to just give the little guy the big boot - he wanted to take it further, but even Vince told him no - but he did it anyway, so yeah, they were understandably ###### off with him. http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/big-cass-trouble-little-person/

9 minutes ago, Unobscured Vision said:

Can't say we didn't see THIS coming. Ya go off-script after being told not to, this is what happens. Idiot.

Yeah, I admittedly forgot about that. Still, that was over a month ago; bit weird that they carried on with the Daniel Bryan feud and had another match at MITB.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MightyJordan said:

Yeah, I admittedly forgot about that. Still, that was over a month ago; bit weird that they carried on with the Daniel Bryan feud and had another match at MITB.

They were waiting to release people so that they could overlap the no-compete with All In. Lovely (aka "nasty") tactic. Borderline anticompetitive. How the U.S. Government hasn't stepped in on this issue is beyond me, because it is illegal under U.S. Commercial and Antitrust Law.

9 minutes ago, MightyJordan said:

Probably why the match at MiTB ended the way it did, the feud with DB made little sense after he lost to DB for the 3rd time.   They knew he was on the way out but just wanted to wrap things up I bet.    If he wasn't going to get kicked out, he would've won at least one of the matches to build up more heat.   Now that we know he's gone it makes more sense as to why the story line went nowhere.

• Like 1

Just now, Unobscured Vision said:

They were waiting to release people so that they could overlap the no-compete with All In. Lovely (aka "nasty") tactic. Borderline anticompetitive. How the U.S. Government hasn't stepped in on this issue is beyond me, because it is illegal under U.S. Commercial and Antitrust Law.

The US government doesn't go after sports companies for having monopolies, so any antitrust laws don't apply, otherwise they'd have went after the NBA, NFL, NHL and so on, and broken them up like they were the old telecom and oil companies of yesteryear.   One company/league controlling a sport in a country is given the green light because unlike other key industries that peoples lifes depend on , sports isn't one of them.    Long story short, US gov isn't going to do anything.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Unobscured Vision said:

They were waiting to release people so that they could overlap the no-compete with All In.

Interesting point, but let's be honest, there's no way he'd ever get booked for All In even if WWE released him straight after the incident.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Unobscured Vision said:

Because you don't understand what happens when they are released.

WWE still has to pay the rest of their contract, whatever it may be. They are still technically working for WWE while they are being paid, so they can't work for anyone else under the terms of their contract.

They can choose to forfeit the rest of the money (and possibly pay a fee to get out of the contract) and do whatever the hell they want. 

More supposed details...

Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned Big Cass doesn’t seem to have been fired for one certain reason, instead it was a mix of multiple things — the most noteworthy happening on WWE’s European tour. 

As we first reported, Cass went against a directive from Vince McMahon last month during a segment involving a little person. We’re told this is when things began to go south for him. 

According to Sports Illustrated, Big Cass was apparently drinking during the European tour which took place a week later and allegedly had “attitude issues.” They also claim “being intoxicated in public” is one of the underlying reasons for his firing. 

Multiple sources tell us one of the incidents which rubbed people the wrong way happened in private, however, on the WWE bus chauffeuring talent.

We’re told the bathroom lock was apparently broken, but Cass didn’t realize it and thought he was being pranked. After being stuck inside for too long, a claustrophobic/angry Cass broke down the door. This meant people had to embarrassingly use the bathroom afterward with no door.

This, obviously, made some of the riders on the bus unhappy. It’s worth noting that some understood his frustration though and weren’t as angry as others.

Both of these incidents in such short time — coupled with 1-2 additional unverified incidents that we’re working to confirm with sources — seem to have been the final straw.

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/reasoning-details-big-cass-release/