The Big Wrestling Thread!

found this on Reddit, posted by dvizzle, the WWE Women's Tag Team Championship will be announced on Monday at Raw, and will be defended on Raw, Smackdown, and possibly NXT.

• Like 2

It's supposedly what Stephanie will be announcing on RAW next week, and the guy who posted that on Reddit also tweeted what they'll roughly look like...

There's also a rumour of an all-women's PPV being announced for this year, supposedly in October to coincide with their breast cancer campaigning.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, timster said:

How's my view?

Top-notch; could probably pick you out in the crowd if I went back and looked. ?

I just finished watching it and thank god, they delivered in spades. Hell of a PPV; Probably the 2nd-best of the year so far, behind NXT Takeover New Orleans. The only real bum note of the night was the Knockouts title match, but everyone else set the bar high, especially the 4-way opener, the 5150 street fight, and Sami Callihan vs. Pentagon Jr., which was ######## brutal, but definitely a MOTY contender. I'll save the spoilers for now; everyone else: go watch the show, you won't regret it. It's safe to say Impact are well and truly good again after the past few months. Don Callis and Scott D'Amore are miracle workers.

I didn't think to post this after Extreme Rules, but it's even more appropriate now after Slammiversary outdid it on the hardcore front...

DiPNQBZVQAEyFKS.thumb.jpg.0ccca253a88e04d6a12b9393863b98f4.jpg

Wow. What was the ######## point of Lashley winning at Extreme Rules when they pull this bullcrap? I know Vince has a hard on for big guys and all, but EVERYONE HATES REIGNS being pushed down our throats. At least with Cena, it was a natural kinda feel to it and it was organic in a way. This is just "hi I'm hand picked by Vince and suck it up and like it!"

I really, REALLY hope they make it a 3 way dance at Summerslam, otherwise I could give two ###### about another match between Reigns and Lesnar. I'm getting to the point where I could care less about Lesnar anyways.

2 hours ago, LOC said:

I really, REALLY hope they make it a 3 way dance at Summerslam, otherwise I could give two ###### about another match between Reigns and Lesnar. I'm getting to the point where I could care less about Lesnar anyways.

Sorry, bro, but I've gotta do this. ?

Speaking of "bro", looks like the King of Bros might be WWE-bound...

Spoiler

Yes, I did call you bro just to make that segue. Don't worry, I'm not turning into Vince Russo.

Wow, all in one day. They always say big celebrity deaths (etc) all happen in three's usually. I guess that goes for the wrestling world also :(

Brickhouse Brown I remember vaguely, still RIP. Brian Lawler is a shame really, like so many other wrestlers who either commited suicide or just died early due to drugs etc. He wasn't the best wrestler, but he was a good performer and for awhile there here was super hot with Rikishi etc. RIP :( As for Nikolai Volkoff - I still say he was one of the best heels of all time. He was Bubba Ray level of heat, long before Bubba Ray was around. His days with the Iron Sheik were golden stuff. Just an incredible worker, who was great in the ring, on the mic and behind the scenes. Truly a legend of the wrestling world. RIP :(

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jamwheat said:

Congrats to Kane (Glen Jacobs) for becoming Mayor of Knoxville, Tn!

He even used one of his old themes for his victory speech, which was cool (can't really say the same about the second half of his speech, though).

Ugh, why does he have to tow the Trump party line like that? I thought he was smarter than that. I don't want to bring down the thread with politics so I'll just stop there. But needless to say, I'm kinda disappointed hearing him talk like that.

Still, kudos to him for winning and I do hope he is a good mayor and has a good political career ahead of him.

• Like 1