The Big Wrestling Thread!

^ That image conjures up quite a few different reactions (namely "WTF" and "dat ass"). And I just found a higher-res version...

0kyjCDS.jpg

• Like 3

- Christian has been cleared to return to action but is waiting on WWE creative to come up with a storyline that will bring him back. Sin Cara returns next week and Christian should be back shortly after. No date set yet for Evan Bourne's return but he worked one match in developmental and wasn't ready yet.

- Independent wrestling stars who are said to be in the process of doing medical tests for WWE include Mike Bennett, Samurai del Sol, Shaun Ricker and Sami Callihan.

- We noted that Damien Sandow and John Cena did a talk show segment called "The Damien Sandow Show" after the recent WWE NXT TV tapings. This may have been a tryout for a new SmackDown segment.

According to The Wrestling Observer, the reason why WWE is using both Summer Rae and the other female dancer for Fandango is because the dancer seen on Raw this week, who's name is unknown at this time, cannot appear on Raw full-time.

WWE actually prefers the dancer we saw this week as she is an actual dancer, but she is also a student and is unable to go on the road with WWE full-time, so she will be replaced by NXT star Summer Rae on occasion.

Oh bloody hell, Jay Briscoe's tweeted himself into a bit of trouble... http://imgur.com/fNpDhSn (NSFW)

ROH has already responded: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1rk7591

WWE has announced the May 27th edition of Monday Night Raw as Bret Hart Appreciation Night. Both "The Hitman" and WWE Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels are expected to make appearances that night, according to a report by the Wrestling Observer. Raw is live from Calgary, Canada that night making it both an easy trip for Bret, and an ideal location for WWE.

HBK will have his own appreciation night on May 24th at a Raw-brand live event in Salt Lake City, UT. According to recent reports, WWE is trying to beef up their events in the coming month due to the limited ability of John Cena and the absence of CM Punk.

Slight spoilers from next week's Impact Wrestling, revealing a few more matches for Slammiversary...

Following this week's Impact Wrestling tapings, below is the updated card for TNA's Slammiversary PPV:

No Holds Barred Match for the TNA World Title:

-Bully Ray ? vs. Sting (If Sting loses, he can never again, in his life, challenge for the TNA Title).

TNA Tag Team Championship Match:

Chavo Guerrero and Hernandez ? vs. Bad Influence vs. Bobby Roode and Austin Aries vs. James Storm and a partner of his choosing

AJ Styles vs. Kurt Angle

So Slammiversary's starting to take shape. Already off to a good start with the

tag title match; wonder who James Storm's partner will be? There'll probably be a lot of people marking out if it's Chris Harris!

Dear god, I just saw this old WWF ad for Hulk Hogan's workout set (which he was too lazy to advertise himself)...

Dolph Ziggler's interview with WWE.com after suffering his concussion...

On Friday afternoon, WWE.com was able to reach World Heavyweight Champion Dolph Ziggler for comment regarding the concussion he suffered Tuesday night at N.C. State that cost him two days of his memory.

?I didn't even remember Monday until I watched Raw when I got home,? the champion revealed, in reference to the injury, which he sustained when he interfered in a match between Jack Swagger and Big E Langston. ?I don?t even remember traveling from Raw to SmackDown. I don?t remember Tuesday. I remember AJ and Big E taking me to the airport on Wednesday morning.?

"I was told I interfered in a match and tried to get my hands on a ladder," said Ziggler, piecing together the timeline. "When I bent over to grab it, Jack Swagger kicked me in the head.?

Happily, Ziggler is on the mend since returning home, and his condition is improving.?"I feel a lot better today," The Showoff told WWE.com of his recovery process. "Yesterday I had a bad headache. Today, I have a slight headache.?

While Ziggler?s suffered concussions before in his career, he said this was by far the worst.

?I didn?t know what day it was; I didn?t know what month it was.? he said. ?I?ve had a couple of concussions before and just had a headache. I?ve never not remembered entire days, like someone in a movie.?

He continued, "WWE arranged for a Phoenix Suns doctor to see me. By the time I saw him, he said a CT scan was not necessary. He diagnosed me with retrograde amnesia. I?m going to see him again in a couple of days. I may need [a scan] then."??

Although Ziggler didn't deny the injury shook him up a bit ? "it's a little scary," he explained ? he expects to be back in action soon and, happily, hasn't lost his sense of humor in the meantime.

"When I asked, over and over, what happened, AJ told me that Swagger kicked me in the head," said Dolph. "Apparently, all I said was ?classic Swags.? As for Del Rio, even a zombified me is more charismatic than Del Rio. I don?t get him. Maybe because he?s closer to my Dad?s age."

Video of the moment.

That was awesome, I didn't see SD this week but "stone cold stone cold"

Yeah ... I don't know if that was him really getting angry because Cole and JBL talk **** to him for the entire show, or what.