The Big Wrestling Thread!

(...)As for Sting, at this point I'm pretty sure he's in, but we'll see. I just hope they use him properly. 

knowing WWE, they will most likely botch it.

An outside player isn't going to make them bugde an inch.

How about low ratings and audience? I bet that would make him more receptive to people's wishes :)

I miss the WCW days... THAT was competition...

• Like 2

I was thinking, it still may be possible the whole CM Punk thing is a work.  It may be such an elaborate work, that only CM Punk and Vince knows about it.  CM Punk admitted in previous interviews that he had late night texting sessions with Vince.  Maybe CM Punk and Vince got together and came up with this work and decided not to tell anyone in the company.  Vince knows there are people in the company who leak information to the Internet.  By not telling anyone else in the company, it would remain a secret, and would set up an amazing storyline.  

Originally, there were talks of there being a power struggle between Vince and Triple H leading up till WM30.  This could still happen and CM Punk could play a role in this.  Maybe Triple H will challenge Vince to a match, Vince says no (due to his age), but offers for someone else to wrestle in his place for control of the company.  Then, on the March 3rd episode of RAW (in Chicago), CM Punk comes back, crowd goes crazy, and he announces it will be him representing Vince to face Triple H for control of the company.  This could potentially turn this match in a main event match (since control of the company is now involved).  

So if this is a work, here are my predictions:

-  Triple H and Vince will challenge each other for control of the company before the March 3rd episode of RAW

-  CM Punk comes back on March 3rd and says he represents Vince for control of the company

-  CM Punk and Triple H face off in the main event at WM30

Now why would CM Punk come back and help Vince?  Two possible reasons.  First reason, he will given the main event spot at Wrestlemania.  Second reason, he may also be guaranteed a Championship Match at a future PPV.

Anyways, this is just my opinion, and only if it's a work.  But if a storyline starts playing out where Vince and Triple H go at each other, chances are CM Punk is going to get involved. Guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.

According to the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, the Carter family came very close to selling TNA Wrestling to company co-founder Jeff Jarrett and country music legend Toby Keith. Jarrett reportedly put the deal together, and the two parties ? Keith and Carter ? even met to finalize plans. 

Apparently, the deal breaker was that Bob Carter wanted to sell the company, but had one stipulation prior to making the deal: that Dixie Carter remain as on-screen TNA President, and retain some power within the company. Keith refused to make the deal with any "creative limitations" on the line, and negotiations fell apart from there. 

It was at this point that both Jeff Jarrett and Toby Keith took a step back, realizing that they could build their own promotion from the ground-up. Jarrett left TNA in December.

Has anyone seen TNA One Night Only old school?  The reports from when it was taped sounded really good.  I believe it was shown in over the past few days but can't find it anywhere.  I'm not sure when it is being aired in the UK :(

Has anyone seen TNA One Night Only old school?  The reports from when it was taped sounded really good.  I believe it was shown in over the past few days but can't find it anywhere.  I'm not sure when it is being aired in the UK :(

I can't find it either. Can't find any indication it's being shown in the UK on Challenge, but I'd expect it eventually; they have shown all the previous ones so far.

Just a heads up to Lingwo, Elimination Chamber is going to be on Sky Sports 1 so you should be able to watch/record it!

Thanks for that. I'll record that. No way will i sit up that late :laugh:

The Wyatt Family?s theme song, ?Live In Fear? (formerly titled ?Broken Out In Love?) by Mark Crozer and The Rels, will be performed live at WrestleMania XXX.

Mark Crozer made the following announcement on Facebook over the weekend:

?Well as I?m no longer able to contain my excitement I may as well let you know? I?m playing Wrestlemania! I?ll let you know more details when I get them. ?

The message has since been taken down.

I was thinking, it still may be possible the whole CM Punk thing is a work.  It may be such an elaborate work, that only CM Punk and Vince knows about it.  CM Punk admitted in previous interviews that he had late night texting sessions with Vince.  Maybe CM Punk and Vince got together and came up with this work and decided not to tell anyone in the company.  Vince knows there are people in the company who leak information to the Internet.  By not telling anyone else in the company, it would remain a secret, and would set up an amazing storyline.  

Originally, there were talks of there being a power struggle between Vince and Triple H leading up till WM30.  This could still happen and CM Punk could play a role in this.  Maybe Triple H will challenge Vince to a match, Vince says no (due to his age), but offers for someone else to wrestle in his place for control of the company.  Then, on the March 3rd episode of RAW (in Chicago), CM Punk comes back, crowd goes crazy, and he announces it will be him representing Vince to face Triple H for control of the company.  This could potentially turn this match in a main event match (since control of the company is now involved).  

So if this is a work, here are my predictions:

-  Triple H and Vince will challenge each other for control of the company before the March 3rd episode of RAW

-  CM Punk comes back on March 3rd and says he represents Vince for control of the company

-  CM Punk and Triple H face off in the main event at WM30

Now why would CM Punk come back and help Vince?  Two possible reasons.  First reason, he will given the main event spot at Wrestlemania.  Second reason, he may also be guaranteed a Championship Match at a future PPV.

Anyways, this is just my opinion, and only if it's a work.  But if a storyline starts playing out where Vince and Triple H go at each other, chances are CM Punk is going to get involved. Guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.

Even if it is a work (it isn't), Vince will sell it as a work after he makes peace with CM Punk so that the smarks don't lose their minds. Or do, whichever sells more WWE Network subscriptions.

• Like 1

NXT star Leo Kruger has changed his Twitter handle to reflect his new Adam Rose gimmick, which will debut on TV soon. He tweeted on Thursday:

Javascript is not enabled or refresh the page to view.

Click here to view the Tweet

Great, they went ahead and ######ed it up.  :pinch:

I'll keep an eye open for it, it just started showing on pay-per-view over here in North America so I'm not sure if it's been capped yet

I'd cap it, but my card-sharing provider doesn't order TNA, just WWE, UFC and boxing cards

WCW had an endless pot of cash and look where that got them :p

True, but I don't really know what happened then, to be honest. I don't know if I should credit this to Vince's brain or WCW's stupidity. In both cases, something sucks if you think about it. If it happened because Vince was so smart, then I guess age makes you stupid. If WCW was stupid, then why doesn't Vince learn from what happened to them and not make the same mistakes? One thing comes to mind, and that's the most brilliant thing WCW has ever come up with: nWo. In the WCW era, they were absolutely fantastic, for both business and show, I really gotta give it to Bischoff for this. Then Vince comes, buys the damn thing and ruins nWo. To be fair, I know there were other issues, like injuries (Nash) and personal stuff (Hall), but WWE never really used them properly till they buried them. It was a gold mine, no other faction, can come close to the success and impact those guys had. Too bad...

Hello,

The entire issue with CM Punk is kinda of confusing; If it was a work, I think it would have leaked by now. On the other hand, CM Punk (AFAIK) has not said anything since the event. That March 3 (RAW in Chicago I think) is a deadline. That would leave a bit over a month to prepare WM. Most WM matches are prepared since EC as it gives the WWE really a chance to build it all up.

I think this affects AJ a lot too. She is caught between a rock (Punk) and a hard place (WWE). WWE knows she wont say anything about her personal life but she will ultimately pay (being put in stupid matches like dances offs or losing the title) and that ultimately will affect her. Since TLC, I believe she has yet to defend. Naomi is the obvious choice. We will see how her career plays out.

Going back to Punk, we already have seen Punk and HHH but with more run-ins than needed.

What if Punk doesn't appear at WM? Then, if rumors are true, HHH will have to face Sting. Its obvious HHH wants to be at mania in a (main event) fight role (and hopefully better shape) but if Punk falls out of the picture...

And Undertaker; They wanna give him a push then its the best way: Reigns. They obviously wont give the streak to Reigns but I think he could pull off a good match with UT. At the WWE's current roster, they have to give it to someone new: Its either Reigns or Bray. Bray and UT could make great chemisty together promowise. We have seen that Bray can put on a pretty good match as well. Of course, this all looks good on a PC display: They will problably go with Bryan to have him in the PPV with UT entering as heel. Its the only way they can get UT as heel, putting him against Bryan...

Of course, where does this leave Lesner? This is far fetched but I remember after WM a lot of members here were pitching that the WWE has thinking already about the next WM and their idea was Lesner vs Rock. It seems like a good money draw. Rock currently has Hurcules and FF7 in 2015.

Batista vs Orton. God, just writing it sounds boring.