The Big Wrestling Thread!

Putting the celebrity wing debate aside, these two inductions are among the reasons why I don't take the WWE Hall of Fame too seriously. Drew Carey made just one appearance in WWE, and Pete Rose is a convicted tax evader who also had a gambling problem which resulted in him being made permanently ineligible to go into the hall of fame of his own sport. And of course, there's also Mike Tyson: convicted rapist.

Do not forget the Abdullah the Butcher induction, that sparked many negatives responses, even from HoF inductees http://www.wwe.com/superstars/abdullahthebutcher.

• Like 1

Carey made a couple of appearances, and Rose's gambling wasn't really why he is still banned. He is still banned (and not in the Baseball HoF) because of other reasons, mostly that people don't like him. 

Tyson, though, I agree 100%. 

Carey definitely made more than one appearance? I looked around and could only find the 2001 Royal Rumble.

This is one of the saddest videos I've ever watched. It's shocking to see what drugs and alcohol can do to a person and it's even more shocking to see one of the legends in wrestling entertainment having these issues... I feel so damn sorry for him, I grew up with him and Nash and the others and he is one of the few wrestlers I was hoping to see in a ring one last time...and hear that "hey yo!" one more time... Jesus... 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL4IbTRRtSc

This is one of the saddest videos I've ever watched. It's shocking to see what drugs and alcohol can do to a person and it's even more shocking to see one of the legends in wrestling entertainment having these issues... I feel so damn sorry for him, I grew up with him and Nash and the others and he is one of the few wrestlers I was hoping to see in a ring one last time...and hear that "hey yo!" one more time... Jesus... 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL4IbTRRtSc

Welcome to 2012? 

He's spent quite a while with Diamond Dallas Page and is on the road to recovery, and has done some appearances. 

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLR8R1GKZsazOBW35JJ6Jnrfx2QMdlB1V

Basically, he's on the same plan that Jake Roberts is on, and you saw his appearance at Old School Raw last month.

Welcome to 2012? 

He's spent quite a while with Diamond Dallas Page and is on the road to recovery, and has done some appearances. 

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLR8R1GKZsazOBW35JJ6Jnrfx2QMdlB1V

I know, but how does this change the way he was, as shown in that video? You don't need to be sarcastic, I don't live in the stone age, I was pointing out what these addictions can do to a man and how Hall really turned out to be "the bad guy" in real life too. 

I know, but how does this change the way he was, as shown in that video? You don't need to be sarcastic, I don't live in the stone age, I was pointing out what these addictions can do to a man and how Hall really turned out to be "the bad guy" in real life too. 

Uh, being an addict doesn't make you 'bad'.

Uh, being an addict doesn't make you 'bad'.

Maybe not (although it's all about choices), but killing a person and multiple arrests & stuff can. Are you gonna argue this too?

Maybe not (although it's all about choices), but killing a person and multiple arrests & stuff can. Are you gonna argue this too?

That was long before he became what you saw on E:60 (it was in the 80s).

That was long before he became what you saw on E:60 (it was in the 80s).

Dude, you must be really fun to hang out with. 

P.S. It's E60 on the video, not E:60. You know, trying to keep up with the useless comments and all.

Dude, you must be really fun to hang out with. 

P.S. It's E60 on the video, not E:60. You know, trying to keep up with the useless comments and all.

Why, because I don't like people saying dumb ****? Ok then.

And no, it isn't. Go and look again. They titled that video wrong on YouTube. If you look at the video itself, its E:60.

God, people are crazy if they think that he would fight in MMA. He wants to retire early from wrestling (regardless of the last couple of weeks) because of the rigors on his body, and he, by all accounts, has saved a ton of money. He's not going to shoot fight.

^ Definitely someone else; I'm not a part of Meme Gene Okerlund. :P I noticed as well no TNA World Title (despite the X Division Title being here) and only one NXT Tag Team Title.