The Big Wrestling Thread!

I have a huge problem with WWE network.

WWE buy rates have been dwindling for a long time now.  It is entirely down to their product going downhill over the past 8-10 years but I think even the last WM got nowhere near the buys WWE wanted.

The WWE network is basically them trying to bolster flagging PPV views and they're doing this by selling old content rather than improve their own current product.

The WWE network in and of itself isn't bad and i'm quite keen on a lot of the old content planned for it, but it is not replacement for improving their current product :/

WrestleMania sold over 1M last year. Which is their goal every year. Its not WM they want to improve - its everything else.

?According to Winnersports.uk.co, Vince McMahon has expressed initial interest in buying the Newcastle United Football crisis club from owner Mike Ashley.

The report notes that no official bids have been made at this point, and tentative talks are in the very early stages, but McMahon has expressed interest in the club. You can read more at this link.

-------

several sites are reporting that the WWE Network will be accessible from two locations on a single account.

^ Saw Vince trending on Twitter earlier because of that rumour. That urban legend's been around for quite some time; no idea why it's suddenly peaked again.

According to PWInsider.com, while it has yet to be made official by WWE, the word going around backstage at this past weekend's live events is that WWE has granted CM Punk an early release from his contract.

While Punk is still featured on the roster page of WWE.com, people close to Punk have reportedly been claiming he is "done."

Hello,

According to PWInsider.com, while it has yet to be made official by WWE, the word going around backstage at this past weekend's live events is that WWE has granted CM Punk an early release from his contract.

While Punk is still featured on the roster page of WWE.com, people close to Punk have reportedly been claiming he is "done."

WOW.......so he really is gonna do the whole MMA thing...well, before you know it, in a few years, he will come back and headline WM...

Hello,

WOW.......so he really is gonna do the whole MMA thing...well, before you know it, in a few years, he will come back and headline WM...

I don't think he's going to do MMA.  He's going to take a couple years, enjoy his money, and chill.  I was hoping it was a work, but it looks official, WWE gave him his release.  

I personally think it was best for both parties.  CM Punk was too beat up and really needs time off, and he knew he would never get the top spot.  And to be honest, I don't think WWE needs CM Punk anymore.  The fans will get over him real quick, like they do when other wrestlers are released.  WWE just has to get through the Chicago crowd on March 3rd, once that's done, the rest is easy.  I won't be talking about CM Punk anymore... he's retired, he's done... Time to move on.

CM Punk isn't going to do any MMA thing. And if he did, it would be a pretty sad sight.

True, but anything's better than Batista's solitary fight.

Hello,

I don't think he's going to do MMA.

CM Punk isn't going to do any MMA thing.

We have seen stranger things happen...lets see if WWE makes a official announcement or its going to be one of those quiet things..

I was going to see if they dropped Punk from the roster yet (nope) and thought hey lets look at Naomi and see if they say anything her injury (and yeah, that ass too) and once again the WWE ceases to amazing me: She is billed from "Planet Funk" :no:

I have a huge problem with WWE network.

WWE buy rates have been dwindling for a long time now.  It is entirely down to their product going downhill over the past 8-10 years but I think even the last WM got nowhere near the buys WWE wanted.

The WWE network is basically them trying to bolster flagging PPV views and they're doing this by selling old content rather than improve their own current product.

The WWE network in and of itself isn't bad and i'm quite keen on a lot of the old content planned for it, but it is not replacement for improving their current product :/

First the  WWE network will also include new  content created for the network  like NXT and such and reality programs and new  and future original content  but  course it will host everything from 1985 on up and who knows even before that date  including ECW and WCW stuff   But that is the cool part because  someone like myself can relive old matches and  entire shows and  WWE events 

Also   WWEN is like netflix as  Netflix host all sorts of old programming  yet  people love netflix  

Punk back to TNA? I bet they'd pay big bucks to have him even in a non wrestling role.

CM Punk was never on TNA    so ther is no him going back to something he was never aprt of   he  Was apart of  ECW that is now WWE owned  brand 

I hope Cesaro wrestling Cena is a sign that is he going to get a big push soon.

I hope so too. Cesaro's great. He was made to look good in his match with Cena even though he lost so hopefully that's a good sign.