The Big Wrestling Thread!

I hope The Miz get's a push after WM. I very much enjoyed his WWE Champion reign.

Same; I liked it so much I bought the t-shirt. :P

Javascript is not enabled or refresh the page to view.

Click here to view the Tweet

Predictions time...

Preshow: Cody Rhodes & Goldust vs. Ryback & Curtis Axel

Batista vs. Alberto Del Rio

The Shield vs. The Wyatt FamilyI'm gonna guess The Wyatts win through The Shield getting at odds with each other again, setting up the seemingly inevitable triple threat match between them at WrestleMania XXX.

WWE Tag Team Championship: The New Age Outlaws © vs. The UsosTransitional champions; that's what I'm branding this reign as.

Darren Young vs. Titus O'Neil - The way things seem to be going, Titus O'Neil will be like Kobe Bryant in a... well, you know the rest.

WWE Intercontinental Championship: Big E Langston © vs. Jack Swagger - Yep, it wasn't just Cesaro who lost part of his name; Big E's lost his surname too. Something else I just noticed on WWE's site: they still have Primo up.  :p

Elimination Chamber Match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship: Randy Orton © vs. John Cena vs. Sheamus vs. Christian vs. Antonio Cesaro vs. Daniel Bryan - Cena Orton wins LOL.

Jake "The Snake" Roberts "I Have Cancer"

Jake "The Snake" Roberts has a cancerous tumor behind his knee ... and the wrestler says it's slowly growing into his muscle -- so he needs emergency surgery to remove the growth.

Roberts tells TMZ ... he noticed a tumor behind his knee the size of a half dollar last month so he had it tested ... and on Friday doctors told him the test came back positive for cancer.

Jake says he's scheduled to go under the knife Tuesday morning ... and after a few weeks off -- he'll make his return to Jersey Championship Wrestling on March 14th -- cancer, or not.

Jake adds, "If the devil can't defeat me, cancer doesn't stand a chance in hell! Pray for sick children who face this horrible disease 'cause The Snake will be just fine."

Ryback tweeted (and then deleted) his ring gear for Elimination Chamber. BlueScreenOfDeath, if you wanna sleep tonight, I'd look away now...

txnoqEp.jpg

cant......un....see.. :pinch: :| :cry:

"If the devil can't defeat me, cancer doesn't stand a chance in hell! Pray for sick children who face this horrible disease 'cause The Snake will be just fine."

I really hope so; it'd be a cruel twist of fate if he dies so soon after getting clean and turning his life around with DDP's help.

LOL ... why

---------

As of now, according to betting odds posted over at 5Dimes.eu, Randy Orton is the favorite to win the WWE World Title Elimination Chamber match tomorrow night at 1/60 odds, with Daniel Bryan in second at 25/1. The following are the rest of the betting odds for the PPV:

-The Wyatts (1/60) are favored to win their match against The Shield

-Batista (1/75) is favored to beat Alberto Del Rio

-Big E (1/60) is favored to beat Jack Swagger

-Titus O'Neil (1/60) is favored to beat Darren Young

-Cody Rhodes & Goldust (1/60) are favored to beat Curtis Axel & Ryback

-The New Age Outlaws (2/7) are favored to beat The Usos (5/2)

The betting odds will likely change tomorrow as more news is posted regarding the PPV. It should be noted that the Reddit user Dolphins1925, who has a history of correctly predicting the outcomes of WWE PPV matches, is generally someone whose predictions will sway the betting odds once they are released.

Do people actually make bets on scripted events?

Yes, they actually do. It's not just wrestling over here; people make bets on major events in the soaps. That one, in my opinion, is the ridiculous one, as the episodes are filmed usually at least a month in advance. I haven't bet any actual money myself, but I did use the ?10 free bet I got with SkyBet on WrestleMania last year; bet it on The Miz to beat Wade Barrett in the pre-show, and I won. :P

• Like 1

Shot of a thumbtack drawing pin-laced steel chair used in a show tonight by a Scottish promotion appropriately titled Insane Championship Wrestling...

1903001_649619455084327_124337544_n.jpg

• Like 1