The Big Wrestling Thread!

indeed. Not a cutscene. Actual ingame footage

Quite the jump from 2K14, although that's to be expected with the new consoles. It'll probably look the same as 2K14 on 360 and PS3.

Well thats the first wwe game i will consider buying? first time im having a wow feeling

Shame it'll play like all the others.

way to assume and look dumb for it. Since 2k has complete control is will be played different.  Read their interviews before assuming 

To clarify a couple of points:

- Yes, that is an actual, in-game screenshot using developer screenshot tools (just like all the 2K14 screenshots you see us post on Twitter/FB). It was taken during gameplay, so it's not during an entrance or cut-scene or anything like that. The lighting, the depth-of-field, the light reflecting off the ropes.. it's 100% legit in-game. 

- The really cool thing? It gets better. While this screenshot is impressive, it also doesn't get into the insane details of the character models. The advantage of both facial and body scans really comes through when you start noticing details about these people that you ordinarily take for granted, from bone structure to pigment variation to moles.. It's super nuts and it'll be a lot of fun to dissect each coming screenshot for these types of details.

- To that end, one detail that stands out to me here is John's veins. They're always very clear during a match, especially that squiggly one that goes down his right arm. You can see those here and rendered accurately, where in the past its always just been little highlights here and there. It's crazy.

Entrances are definitely improved and are more accurate. Some of this comes from the superior visuals and lighting, and others simply from improved camera work. There are some new details under the hood in regards to how the camera can be manipulated by the developers. For example, during John Cena's entrance, when it sweeps over the crowd during the opening chords of his theme, it feels a bit more authentic. You get a sense that it's actually being operated by a crane and not just "its a video game so it moves how it wants." It's subtle but it helps it feel more true to life. 

And since we've more or less revealed Randy Orton with his butt, here's another example. You know how during his entrance, there's that huge strobe light that turns on and fills the arena with each guitar riff? That looks utterly spectacular in WWE 2K15. With the new lighting engine Randy gains a natural back-light. It reflects off the ramp and the barricades, his shoulders and highlights his silhouette. It looks and feels just like it does in real life in a way that's very natural and, well.. not video-gamey. Needless to say, it is very, very cool.

Much better, actually! If you've seen the crowds in NBA 2K15 then you'll have some idea of what to expect. The movement is more organic with everyone moving at different timings. If models are repeated they're at least wearing something totally different. Variations in genders and sizes. MORE SIGNS! It's not mega mindblowing, but man is it ever a step up.

way to assume and look dumb for it. Since 2k has complete control is will be played different.  Read their interviews before assuming 

Here's hoping; the series could definitely do with that.

To clarify a couple of points:

- Yes, that is an actual, in-game screenshot using developer screenshot tools (just like all the 2K14 screenshots you see us post on Twitter/FB). It was taken during gameplay, so it's not during an entrance or cut-scene or anything like that. The lighting, the depth-of-field, the light reflecting off the ropes.. it's 100% legit in-game. 

- The really cool thing? It gets better. While this screenshot is impressive, it also doesn't get into the insane details of the character models. The advantage of both facial and body scans really comes through when you start noticing details about these people that you ordinarily take for granted, from bone structure to pigment variation to moles.. It's super nuts and it'll be a lot of fun to dissect each coming screenshot for these types of details.

- To that end, one detail that stands out to me here is John's veins. They're always very clear during a match, especially that squiggly one that goes down his right arm. You can see those here and rendered accurately, where in the past its always just been little highlights here and there. It's crazy.

Entrances are definitely improved and are more accurate. Some of this comes from the superior visuals and lighting, and others simply from improved camera work. There are some new details under the hood in regards to how the camera can be manipulated by the developers. For example, during John Cena's entrance, when it sweeps over the crowd during the opening chords of his theme, it feels a bit more authentic. You get a sense that it's actually being operated by a crane and not just "its a video game so it moves how it wants." It's subtle but it helps it feel more true to life. 

And since we've more or less revealed Randy Orton with his butt, here's another example. You know how during his entrance, there's that huge strobe light that turns on and fills the arena with each guitar riff? That looks utterly spectacular in WWE 2K15. With the new lighting engine Randy gains a natural back-light. It reflects off the ramp and the barricades, his shoulders and highlights his silhouette. It looks and feels just like it does in real life in a way that's very natural and, well.. not video-gamey. Needless to say, it is very, very cool.

Much better, actually! If you've seen the crowds in NBA 2K15 then you'll have some idea of what to expect. The movement is more organic with everyone moving at different timings. If models are repeated they're at least wearing something totally different. Variations in genders and sizes. MORE SIGNS! It's not mega mindblowing, but man is it ever a step up.

That's all visual. Which is expected in the jump in generation.

For a yearly franchise you can't expect a massive leap in gameplay.

I don't feel dumb for assuming it'll play the same. Yukes are still lead developers even if 2K sports are helping out.

I hope i'm proved wrong. I used to love wrestling games.

That's all visual. Which is expected in the jump in generation.

For a yearly franchise you can't expect a massive leap in gameplay.

I don't feel dumb for assuming it'll play the same. Yukes are still lead developers even if 2K sports are helping out.

I hope i'm proved wrong. I used to love wrestling games.

Obviously I didnt post it. Its from another site i got off a forum. I only posted that because I just saw it on the current thread I was reading. You can go search yourself. But it will play differently from one of the links I came across from earlier today 

Shocked we didn't see the "Cena Death Stare" meme's pop up everywhere already....

There's always the "kick out at 2" meme...

10550994_282370788616003_901056064479117

• Like 2

Visual Concepts and Yuke's have fortunately made changes to visual and audio aspects of the game pace and flow of the fighting was also reviewed in order to make them closer to what is possible to see in the WWE shows. As explained by the head of marketing at 2K, wrestling matches are not given duration and may well be very short very long. So the developers have made sure to introduce gameplay that makes unpredictable duration of the fighting. According to the editor, fatigue, offensive momentum or stamina will play all three roles in the outcome of a game.

Chris Snyder also told us that the system present in against WWE 2K15 has been completely revised. To provide a highly realistic gameplay, it explains a concept of "ring psychology" (ie how to behave during a wrestling match to make it the most exciting possible) has been integrated into the game

Also according to him, the fighting styles will be better differentiated than in the past and each wrestler will appear to be unique. He explained that the "giants," "brawlers," "grapplers," or "high flyers" will provide all sensations different game, which will give the game a diverse gameplay. According to him, the core game mechanics have been extensively modified and it will benefit WWE 2K15 but also for future titles in the series.

Javascript is not enabled or refresh the page to view.

Click here to view the Tweet

Seriously, it finishes with just a spear? ######?  :s