The Big Wrestling Thread!

so, with the international (well, 170 countries) roll-out of the WWE Network. how are people finding it?

how about in Canada on Rogers Cable?

http://corporate.wwe.com/news/2014/2014_8_12.jsp

I believe you can now sign up for the WWE Network (Internet version) in Canada via http://network.wwe.com/

Edit: Ok I just tried to sign up and it tells me to get the Rogers package. Grrrr I want the Internet version! Damn you Rogers!!!!!

I popped huge when the nWo music hit and they came out. Nostalgic!

Finally, someone who remembers and appreciates.

P.S. I don't want to offend anyone with this, so please don't take it personal, but seriously, I am really sorry for those guys that didn't experience WCW, and mostly in the nWo era. You cannot compare today's WWE shows, even earlier WWE shows, with what Nitro had to offer, THAT was entertainment, I was on the edge of my seat every damn monday and on every PPV, while today I watch only when I see something of worth in the results posted online. I feel so damn old because of this, and the nWo reuniting on RAW was another reason to feel like this. It feels like just yesterday I was watching them, in their youth, making history on Nitro, and today, seeing them like this, at this age, made me realize that everyone gets old (yeah, sometimes you need something like this to remember it). I remember the crowd reaction when the nWo music hit on Nitro...compared to RAW's crowd reaction, it was laughable. I am old. Period.

Another EDIT: The Cena/Lesnar angle was pathetic. If I had any say in this, I would have let everyone in that ring kick Lesnar's ass, THAT would have been a sweet RAW ending. Yeah, those old guys that everyone is making fun of.

I believe you can now sign up for the WWE Network (Internet version) in Canada via http://network.wwe.com/

Edit: Ok I just tried to sign up and it tells me to get the Rogers package. Grrrr I want the Internet version! Damn you Rogers!!!!!

ill probably end up getting the cable one as well. the video will be so much better at 59.99fps compared to 29.99fps of the internet stream

lol ... there's a petition for WWE to add TNA Impact to the WWE Network.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/add-tna-impact-wrestling/

just get a smart dns to get around the geoblock. I use one from UnoTelly

the DNS costs me $70 a year and includes VPN access

WWE Network runs about $11 a month after currency conversion on PayPal.

I wrote this up a while back and edited it this afternoon. ..http://pastebin.com/zExDHFTJ

Someone mentioned on Facebook that on Rogers, the live channel (or whatever equivalent) is on 512, while the VOD stuff is lumped in with Rogers-On-Demand channel 100. and the VOD apparently has next to no content available

Oh get over it.  NWO started as a great idea and faction, then it became a mess.  Then Vince made it a joke.

NWO has been a joke longer now than it was ever worthwhile.  Same with DX.  The more these old, nostalgic memories are trolled the more of a joke they become.

Was it good to see them together "one more time"?  Sure it was.  But don't act like because people didn't mark out that they "don't get it"...

P.S. I don't want to offend anyone with this, so please don't take it personal, but seriously, I am really sorry for those guys that didn't experience WCW, and mostly in the nWo era. You cannot compare today's WWE shows, even earlier WWE shows, with what Nitro had to offer, THAT was entertainment, I was on the edge of my seat every damn monday and on every PPV, while today I watch only when I see something of worth in the results posted online. I feel so damn old because of this, and the nWo reuniting on RAW was another reason to feel like this. It feels like just yesterday I was watching them, in their youth, making history on Nitro, and today, seeing them like this, at this age, made me realize that everyone gets old (yeah, sometimes you need something like this to remember it). I remember the crowd reaction when the nWo music hit on Nitro...compared to RAW's crowd reaction, it was laughable. I am old. Period.

Another EDIT: The Cena/Lesnar angle was pathetic. If I had any say in this, I would have let everyone in that ring kick Lesnar's ass, THAT would have been a sweet RAW ending. Yeah, those old guys that everyone is making fun of.

I was watching during the nwo heyday and honestly it was awful. The idea was great, but the execution was terrible.  The booking during that era was some of the worst, and the book changed hands so often it was so inconsistent that they never settled into one style.  Eventually the inmates took over the asylum that if you weren't part of Nash & Hall's group, you were buried. Rinse and repeat for months on end.  Few wrestlers made an impact in the latter years of WCW outside of that select group and those that did did so despite the awful booking working against them.

I think nostalgia is running a bit high here, those rose tinted glasses are making things a lot more rosey than they actually were.  Most people involved interviewed afterwards said WCW should have been shut down years before it actually was; and that would have been the majority of NWOs era.

That being said, the introduction of those guys into WCW was great. Be it genius writing or simply great timing. The way they managed to put Halls arrival over as a complete shoot so nobody was entirely sure if it was legit (at the time, remember pre-internet).  From a great intro, ramping it up to NWO, they then out of ideas and milked it for all it was worth, and then some.

Wow...what a body. Now that is a REAL woman.

A real woman with plastic boobs? Eh, ok. Also her boyfriend looks like that one dude from the jersey shore show. Ughhh.

A real woman with plastic boobs? Eh, ok. Also her boyfriend looks like that one dude from the jersey shore show. Ughhh.

Can you provide a source that proves they are plastic :P.

Good Raw.. No Adam Rose ######, no Bo Dallas ######, no Sandow being made to look like an idiot ###### (Although him coming out pretending to be Hogan would have fit perfectly)

And yeh hearing that nWo music hit was unexpected - Brock giving Nash and Hall an F5 each would've topped off a decent show though

Anyone else see Flair blank Hogan completely?

* never mind, read the FAQ of the network :)

Edited by DaddyRazzy