The Big Wrestling Thread!

During an appearance on Ring Rust Radio, which you can listen to at this link, TNA star Kurt Angle revealed he will be making a big contract status announcement in two weeks.

Angle had the following to say:
?Well right now I?m not at liberty to say where I?m going but I will tell you I?m going to do the right thing for me and my family. I am in the process of structuring a deal and I do have a company in mind. I haven?t said yes because I want to make it a public thing with the company and myself. I can?t really say who it is or where I?m going but I can tell you it?s going to happen in the next two weeks before my contract is even up. I won?t be wrestling until January but there will be a signing in the next couple of weeks.?

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/509693-kurt-angle-tna-contract-announcement

I honestly think he's going to sign with Jeff Jarret's new promotion. I'd be shocked, really shocked if WWE even offered him a legends deal at this point, though anything is possible these days I suppose. I just don't see him going with TNA anymore. And while there might still be some underlying family stuff with JJ and Karen etc, he's going to do what's best for himself and his family as he said.

Angle is going to Jeff's promotion I am sure of it

Yeah that's my gut feeling also like I said earlier on. I just don't see him staying in TNA anymore at this point. And well, WWE is WWE and who knows what Vince will do with him, if anything. I think Vince probably wants Angle back, for at least one huge WM match against someone (Bryan or Rusev maybe?) for one huge payday. Then let him stay around doing manager stuff maybe or just be an agent with WWE. He is insanely smart obviously in regards to the biz, so he would probably make an amazing agent/booker.

Still, JJ's GFW is where he's going I think.

GFW I feel could be bigger than TNA in a few months maybe a year

Yeah, I feel JJ is doing his best to not make the same mistakes he made when he launched TNA. Like, you know, have a TV deal in place, a PPV system right off the bat etc.

Mah Gawd!

Yeah, uh. Wow. They both got some thigh muscles going on...

Proving the adage that you should never trust a snake, former professional wrestler Jake Roberts has betrayed his friend and savoir Diamond Dallas Page by launching a competitor to Page?s DDP Yoga program called DDT Yoga.

Showing callous ingratitude for Page, whose renowned DDP Yoga system saved Roberts? life from spiralling addiction and ill-health, Roberts announced today that his DDT Yoga program ?is totally sssssssuperior to the competition.?

Roberts has stolen many of the trademark stretches and exercises from Page?s yoga repertoire but added many new techniques of his own, including:
  • The Slither, with which participants ?strengthen their obliques by writhing like serpents?
  • The Coil, a core-strengthening abdominal crunch exercise
  • The DDT, which purports to strengthen neck muscles via repeated head-first drops to the floor
  • The Strike, a biceps-and-triceps exercise inspired by Santino Marella?s ?Cobra? maneuver
On a DVD video called ?Jake The Snake?s DDT Yoga,? Roberts cryptically encourages participants to persevere through the exercises ?in stanch defiance of the existential dread that inevitably grips those who follow the dark Way of the Serpent.?

Page is reportedly ?furious? that his long-time friend and yoga trainee would so blatantly steal his ideas, although he admits that, given Roberts? cunning deviousness in the wrestling ring, he ?probably should have seen it coming.?

Scott Hall, meanwhile, has announced the launch of a new health program that helps smokers kick the habit by chewing toothpicks.

http://www.kayfabenews.com/jake-roberts-launches-rival-program-ddt-yoga/