The Big Wrestling Thread!

Aside from Cena's match and maybe Balor's, this was one of the worst ppv's ever. The ending...I have no words to properly describe that match. Clearly they ######ed up at one point, I really don't think everything was scripted. ###### performance from Orton, really didn't expect that, just look how it didn't help AT ALL on Lesnar's suplexes, letting him do all the work. I did enjoy the Goldberg chants (it was a perfect oportunity to get him in and save Orton), but, as always, ###### Vince.

According to Meltzer, the finish was a work, although Lesnar obviously went a little over the top. http://www.craveonline.com/culture/1022989-brock-lesnar-shoot-randy-orton-bloody-summerslam-match

Obviously the idea was to get hardway blood. The elbow was designed to cut him open, and I don't know how badly [Orton] was hurt. Obviously he was selling and they were trying to work the idea that he was knocked out and they had to stop the match, and from what I can gather due to no one talking about anything going awry, that was probably close to what was supposed to happen, if not exactly what was supposed to happen... there was no doubt that [Lesnar] was looking to open him up.

It was uncomfortable to watch. :unsure: Orton ended up with 10 staples in his end.

In similarly brutal injury news (more mental than physical, this time), Finn Balor's shoulder got injured during the title match - when he got powerbombed into the barricade - and there's fears he may need surgery. :/

And the reason Sasha Banks lost the women's title at SummerSlam was because she's taking time off due to a back injury (she got pulled from all live events for the next month just before the PPV), which I wouldn't be surprised to hear Charlotte made worse with that botch last night...

The ending of the Randy Orton vs. Brock Lesnar SummerSlam match, which went pretty much as planned, led to a verbal and somewhat physical confrontation between Lesnar and Chris Jericho last night.

According to multiple sources, Jericho came to the gorilla position just as the match ended, apparently to see if Orton was okay and to find out what exactly happened. He asked Michael Hayes what the finish was or if that was the finish. Hayes wouldn't answer him at which point Jericho said, "That's bullsh*t."

Jericho said that just as Lesnar came back from the ring. Lesnar thought he was talking about his match, and called Jericho a ###### according to one version, or "shut up" according to another, and to mind his own business. The two got face-to-face and started exchanging words, with one version saying they were shouting at each other the whole time.

Lesnar pushed Jericho with his fingers, and Jericho did what was described as the "Rousey-Tate" foreheed press. One version also had Jericho shoving Lesnar to the wall at one point.

They got tangled up against the wall and Lesnar told Jericho to punch him or kiss him. Paul "HHH" Levesque jumped in quickly and broke it up. It was heated enough that they went back at it at which time Vince McMahon broke it up. Jericho started yelling about Lesnar and McMahon told Jericho that it was all a work and to be professional.

Levesque reportedly told McMahon that Lesnar started it, and Jericho was just standing up for himself but there were more words exchanged.

Jericho saw Orton and got mad, which everyone noted was because he was concerned with Orton's health and safety. Orton reportedly assured him that he knew the way everything was coming.

http://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/brock-lesnar-chris-jericho-heated-altercation-summerslam-219211

Ugh at that news about Balor. Jeez, what horrible timing for an injury. Reminds me of Bryan of course recently, but from the looks of it the injury isn't "that" bad and while he might require surgery he should be OK when he returns. Obviously he didn't hurt his neck like Bryan or Edge etc did, so that's good. Could have been exactly that with that powerbomb move.

Also, I love Chris Jericho. He's amazing. Looking out for Orton like that, and he's done similar stuff in the past looking out for any of the boys in the back. And Lesnar, um sure. Why bother keeping the illusion the guy is some monster MMA dude when everyone KNOWS he juiced himself now. Or at the very least, did something he shouldn't have, but maybe not against the rules. (Maybe) I know Vince loves his big men still, and Lesnar is his favorite toy it seems these days. A go to big man for him. But come on, you have so many other big guys you can use in your own company that are FULL TIMERS and don't go off the handle over a passing comment that if explained wouldn't have lead to the above incident (if totally accurate of course).

Also, I can't believe I'm defending Orton here, but I am lol

11 hours ago, MightyJordan said:

In similarly brutal injury news (more mental than physical, this time), Finn Balor's shoulder got injured during the title match - when he got powerbombed into the barricade - and there's fears he may need surgery. :/

And the reason Sasha Banks lost the women's title at SummerSlam was because she's taking time off due to a back injury (she got pulled from all live events for the next month just before the PPV), which I wouldn't be surprised to hear Charlotte made worse with that botch last night...

that looked AWFULLY dang painful!

14 hours ago, MightyJordan said:

KO *does* make a pretty good heel.

The fact hat someone hasn't realized how dangerous Rollins is in his matches is insane.  Every time he uses that move to throw people into turn buckles or the wall someone gets seriously injured.  He needs to stop using it and management needs to ban the move.  Rollins is single handedly destroying the roster one by one and soon no one will be left.

Also, the advertising is bad enough but that KFC skit was one of the most pathetic wastes of time I have seen in a while.  Next thing we know we will be back to having those crappy Luggs advertisements.....

• Like 2

Yea getting a little tired of this to be honest...really makes me think Seth is reckless and just doesnt care...seems like if someone gets a push and they face him they get sidelined on their way to the top:

1 - Sting
2- Cena

3 - Finn

how many more are going to get injured until they tell him to stop doing that move.

29 minutes ago, MightyJordan said:

In a move of showmanship Daniel Bryan unveils the Multi-versal Championship

8 minutes ago, episode said:

From the same move. That needs to be the last time we see the 'buckle bomb'.

Other wrestlers do that move fine.  He's reckless and needs to be put aside and retrained or something.

1 minute ago, cmcgregor said:

Other wrestlers do that move fine.  He's reckless and needs to be put aside and retrained or something.

Yep, like Michael Elgin; he nails it practically every time.

11 hours ago, cmcgregor said:

In WWE, one wrestler gets a signature move like this. Its considered bad form to use someone else's move.

In watching back the Finn injury, it was actually Finn's fault by putting his arm over the barricade. He was trying to brace the impact better, but if he hadn't done that he wouldn't have had the shoulder injury.

https://streamable.com/yvwz

+

Damn, Miz! I knew there was a reason why I've got one of his shirts. :p 

I couldn't find a version that had the entire segment, so watch the first link until you hear Bryan say "you wrestle like a coward", then switch over to the YouTube video.

1 hour ago, MightyJordan said:

Damn, Miz! I knew there was a reason why I've got one of his shirts. :p 

I couldn't find a version that had the entire segment, so watch the first link until you hear Bryan say "you wrestle like a coward", then switch over to the YouTube video.

Here's the whole thing:

https://streamable.com/v7j2

Edited by episode
  • Like 1