• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

[AUS] 2008 Melbourne International Motor Show

Xerxes    227

post-44573-1203836439.jpg

I did do a search and nothing came up but if someone has posted this already, sorry about that.

It's nearly that time again people, the 2008 Melbourne International Motor Show opens it's doors this coming Friday 29/2! Here are some of the special attractions expected to be seen at the show this year.

For three days only - 5pm Friday 29th February to Sunday 2nd March: Bugatti Veyron at Motor Show

The fastest and most expensive production car ever built ? the Bugatti Veyron ? will make a special appearance at the 2008 Melbourne Motor Show for three days only.

With a top speed of more than 400 km/h and an estimated Australian price of $2.7 million, the Veyron makes all other supercars look slow and inexpensive by comparison.

The special show car has been brought to the Motor Show in collaboration with the organisers of the Clipsal 500 in Adelaide and Trivett Bespoke Automotive, the Australian importer/dealer for Bugatti.

It will appear at the Motor Show from 5pm to 10pm on Friday, then from 10 am to 10 pm on Saturday and Sunday, 29 February to 2 March.

Veyron?s specifications and performance are breathtaking, with a top speed of 407 km/h and 0-100 km/h acceleration in just 2.5 seconds ? it can do the 0-200 km/h run in just 7.3 seconds, a good time for a powerful family car to reach half this speed.

Its 16-cylinder, 8-litre engine produces a massive 736 kW (1001 horsepower in the old measure) which it transmits to all four wheels through a seven-speed sequential automatic transmission.

Luxury and performance details abound, with a cockpit that recaptures the glory days of hand-built classic Bugattis and features such as a large spoiler that deploys above 200 km/h.

The pop-up spoiler doubles as an air brake at higher speeds, adding to the tarmac-tearing power of the massive carbon ceramic disc brakes to stop the car from 100 km/h in just 31.4 metres.

Veyron is built around a carbon fibre monocoque body shell and features magnesium, titanium and aluminium components to keep its weight down to just under 1900 kg.

To put the Veyron into perspective in a world of more ?everyday? supercars, the Bolwell Nagari to be launched at the Motor Show also features a carbon fibre monocoque, but is half the weight and likely to be one-tenth the cost.

Melbourne International Motor Show is organised and promoted by the Victorian Automobile Chamber of Commerce through its dealer division the Australian Automobile Dealers Association (Vic).

Woot! I'm looking forward to seeing it :woGT5 Prologue previews at Motor Showtor Show

Melbourne Motor Show has joined forces with Sony Computer Entertainment Australia (SCE Aust) to give visitors an advance taste of Gran TurismoTM5 Prologue exclusive to PLAYSTATION?3.

Motor Show patrons will get to preview the stunningly lifelike Gran Turismo 5 Prologue. The new game will be previewed at the Motor Show three weeks before its official launch.

Show patrons will have a chance to win a PlayStation prize package worth $4,900. The Complete Home Experience prize will include a Sony BRAVIA 40" LCD television, a 40GB PLAYSTATION 3 console, a Logitech G25 racing wheel and the GT5 Prologue game. GT5 Prologue features more than 60 stunning cars ? several of which will be displayed in the metal at the Motor Show ? and five race tracks including the Eiger Nordwand, London City Track and Suzuka.

All-new driving physics deliver the most lifelike driving experience ever, and a Quick Tune facility allows drivers to adjust power, tyres and suspension.

For the first time, gamers will be able to race online on the PLAYSTATION?Network, with up to 16 players going head-to-head on some of the world?s best racetracks.

Also new is GT TV, an online channel packed with great motoring content.

Since the inception of the Gran Turismo franchise, famed creator Kazunori Yamauchi and Polyphony Digital Inc. in Japan have revolutionised the racing category as we know it today.

Melbourne International Motor Show is organised and promoted by the Victorian Automobile Chamber of Commerce through its dealer division the Australian Automobile Dealers Association (Vic).

For those who haven't imported GT5P from Japan, I'm sure this will be a tr Self-Parking Lexus LS 600hLg Lexus LS 600hL

Lexus will demonstrate its self-parking car at the Melbourne International Motor Show. The Intelligent Parking Assist (IPA) system is designed to assist drivers in entering parallel or series parking spaces. More Info...

I remember seeing this on Top Gea:laugh:ld be a hoot :laugh:

Source -> Melbourne Motor Show

I get the latest info in exhibitors, prices etc, just visit the above website.

Well I'm definitely going this year, looks to be a :)od year this year :) what do you guys think? any one from Melbourne gonna go? discuss!

Venomous    0

Sounds good to bad Melbourne a bit far from me

M1h4iL    0

I would definitely go if it was in Perth, where it's meant to be at!

GrimReeper    2

I'll go but probably just to see the Veyron :D :drool:

Xerxes    227

Just been today, damn was it good :woot: The GT5P showing was a huge disappointment. All they had was two small screens playing the GT5P movie you can download off the PlayStation Store and a BMW M3 (current model) under a cover. Still the rest of the show was damn good.

Below were two of the major attractions and there were two more; a HSV W427 with a 7 Litre LS7 V8 and the Skyline GT-R.

post-44573-1204357786.jpg

EDIT: It's not the new Monaro :( it's a one off concept car, not to be built...shame :(

post-44573-1204357772.jpg

The Veyron :woot:

Overall it was fantastic :) great day out :happy:

Edited by Xerxes

.tony    0

Got any pics of the GT-R?

I seriously wish I was in Melbourne, why can't it be in Sydney :(

Xerxes    227
Got any pics of the GT-R?

I seriously wish I was in Melbourne, why can't it be in Sydney :(

Here you go :happy:

post-44573-1204418627.jpg

post-44573-1204418640.jpg

Those pics do the car little justice, it's not till you see it for real, that you know how truly awesome it is :woot:

.tony    0
Here you go :happy:

post-44573-1204418627.jpg

post-44573-1204418640.jpg

Those pics do the car little justice, it's not till you see it for real, that you know how truly awesome it is :woot:

Wow that's enough for me!

Thanks! :)

As for the HSV W427, wasn't that called a T60 Coupe somewhere? I vaguely remember reading it somewhere, newspaper, maybe.

Xerxes    227
Wow that's enough for me!

Thanks! :)

As for the HSV W427, wasn't that called a T60 Coupe somewhere? I vaguely remember reading it somewhere, newspaper, maybe.

Your welcome :happy:

The HSV W427 is a sedan, basically it's a GTS with a 7 Litre LS7 V8 and a new bodykit :woot:. The "T60 Coupe" your referring to is probably the Holden Coupe 60, I've been told it could be the new VE Monaro but I recall reading somewhere it's just a one off concept which is a shame really, cause it looks awesome!

Venomous    0
I would definitely go if it was in Perth, where it's meant to be at!

Amen to that but too small compared tho...

Any more pics Xerxes hit us up with more if you have. appreciate them.

Xerxes    227
Amen to that but too small compared tho...

Any more pics Xerxes hit us up with more if you have. appreciate them.

Yeah I got some more, I can only do them 2 at a time since I attach them to the post (I haven't got anywhere to host them online), I'll put some more up tonight when I get hom:happy:y:

Xerxes    227

Here are some more, enjoy!

post-44573-1204528779.jpg

2008 FG FPV GT

post-44573-1204528763.jpg

Audi R8

post-44573-1204528860.jpg

General Lee!