Explanation for the delay in NeowinCASTs

We really suck at keeping to this weekly release thing, I know. Rob and I thought it would be best if we explained the issues, as of late. Besides personal issues taking precedence over Neowin, as a whole, for both of us, there have also been technical issues. My original microphone was getting worse and worse and now that I've corrected that, Rob is away from home for a week and is having a very difficult time getting connected. Without a stable connection, we simply can't get the show recorded properly.

All, in all, we just ask for some patience as we sort these issues out. Even though this is purely voluntary, we both feel an obligation to get the shows out weekly and are disappointed that we will miss that mark, once again, this week. We promise that the weekly schedule will resume ASAP and we will do everything in our power to stick to it.

As we work to get things back up and running, we would love to hear suggestions for future topics and the such. Have an idea? Just reply here with it. Perhaps we can have something like a "Listener Topic of the Week".

Absolutely. Apologies for this. It's quite a technical and time-consuming undertaking and many factors can screw with the schedules! So sorry :)

But definitely, we'd like to hear what you like and what you don't like about the podcasts. Any suggestions for features or topics?

I'd definitly like to see it longer. It's....what.....10 minutes, last time I listened? 30-40 minutes would be more to my liking.

10 minutes is just too short for me. I like tons of info, rather then a bit. :D

I thought it was a lot longer then 10 minutes?

Anyway maybe you could talk about MP3 Players what you think is the best and value for money.

How about a brief discussion on what kind of language is acceptable on the Neowin forums? I reported a post twice earlier and have just been notified that nothing with be done despite this person's explicit language, even though I can't say p to the i to the s to the s without it being filtered. Maybe the podcast isn't the place for that... :/

How about a brief discussion on what kind of language is acceptable on the Neowin forums? I reported a post twice earlier and have just been notified that nothing with be done despite this person's explicit language, even though I can't say p to the i to the s to the s without it being filtered. Maybe the podcast isn't the place for that... :/

Let's keep it to technology related stories and discussions.

bangbang what about you and Rob have a chat about the best things you have experienced since you first started using a computer like for example best program you have come across and why it is...I always wondered I mean mine would be Firefox and I have been using computers for 15 years.

That's be an interesting discussion, most likely.

The thing is, there are some weeks when news stories are hard to come by. There may be a lot of stories, but not many that are conducive to an interesting conversation. You'd be surprised how many times, during recording, Rob and I will stop and say "this isn't working, we need to drop this story" and then have a huge hole to fill. I'm hoping these ideas will be much needed reprieve during those slower news weeks.

Off the top of my head at the moment, two good techy topics at the moment are Apple's iPod/iPhone SDK which has just been announced to be released on the 6th of March (I think? around there somethere :p) and the massive fine on Msoft from the EU.

Apart from that, I think a little chat about the Neowin server overload would be relevent :)

As for a permanent feature request. A section called 'Inside Neowin' or something, where you guys talk about whats going on behind the scenes, in terms of planned changes/updates and things so people can know what possibly to expect of Neowin in the short term and perhaps long term future? Just an idea.

Keep up the great work though guys! I do love the podcasts :)

The MS EU fine is where it gets tricky. It's a relevant story, but how much can we really say on it? There's not much commentary on the subject, unfortunately.

How about having more guests come on and speak about things (Other staff members perhaps) ala the iPhone segment you had a few months back.. perhaps you could tie it into the Neowin member Review of the Week of something?

How about having more guests come on and speak about things (Other staff members perhaps) ala the iPhone segment you had a few months back.. perhaps you could tie it into the Neowin member Review of the Week of something?

The problem with that is scheduling. Rob and I sort of plan the time last minute due to our unpredictable schedules elsewhere in life.

How about the Apple store update?

We need something more general like the previously mentioned "most impressive piece of software ever used" topic. Anything that's dependent on time and being discussed immediately can't be put on the back burner for those slower weeks.

That's be an interesting discussion, most likely.

The thing is, there are some weeks when news stories are hard to come by. There may be a lot of stories, but not many that are conducive to an interesting conversation. You'd be surprised how many times, during recording, Rob and I will stop and say "this isn't working, we need to drop this story" and then have a huge hole to fill. I'm hoping these ideas will be much needed reprieve during those slower news weeks.

General computer / windows / technology banter would also be good, a bit like TWiT (This Week in Tech). As a point too, I know you guys put a lot of time and effort into the podcast - just relax a bit and spend some more time discussing your topics and relax a bit more. Sometimes I feel for Chris Vendemio, he seems to get so uptight and angry - which is great but maybe not for most of the whole show. ;)

Also, for content. Pick maybe, 10 top threads from neowin forums that were most interesting / informative or topical for the week and discuss them, as well as all the other fine content. :)

I hope my comments are taken as being constructive. I meant them that way.

Also, for content. Pick maybe, 10 top threads from neowin forums that were most interesting / informative or topical for the week and discuss them, as well as all the other fine content. :)

I like that idea, except that I'd suggest 3 or 5 rather than 10.

I like that idea, except that I'd suggest 3 or 5 rather than 10.

(Y) Fair comment.

Otherwise the NeowinCast could go on for hours... Which doesn't bother me but I can imagine the hosts wouldn't like that.

Also (I just thought of it as I Posted), maybe we can get one or more of the Microsoft 'Lurkers' (+Brandon Live) to join in and share their thoughts on Windows Posts and such?

The problem with that is scheduling. Rob and I sort of plan the time last minute due to our unpredictable schedules elsewhere in life.

perhaps those segments can be pre-recorded and slotted in at will during editing?