Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Discussion Thread

Rumor - 80GB Metal Gear Solid 4 Bundle heading to UK

Now this is a rumor which can be taken no more than a grain of salt until we here from more reliable sources. However a forum post from the Official Nintendo Magazine boards which can be viewed here has someone claiming that his local retailer has been told to 'Prepare for It'

'I can't give names but you know that shop I go to well he has been told to prepare for it and he knows a lot about whats going on and he hasn't been wrong before. I'll stake my reputation on this information'

Now we at PsLegion recomend that people see this as no more than a rumor, however we will update the rumor as soon as we have news.

Source: http://www.pslegion.com/news/rumor-80gb-me...ndle-heading-uk

Metal Gear Solid 4: 10 Predictions

Death, rebirth and nakedness - we predict the MGS4 shocks

Sometimes, we're not even sure Hideo Kojima knows what's going on inside his own head. PSone's Metal Gear Solid tossed around confusingly deep philosophical arguments like popcorn, MGS2's last hour turned our brains inside out so often we got indigestion of the mind, and MGS4... Where do we start?

Well, how about by predicting some of the plot twists, shocks and effects that Kojima will inevitably weave into his last (huh, he's said that before) Metal Gear adventure. We've had a mindstorming session to size up the potential plot and gameplay madness, and this is what we came up with...

Note: This is pure educated speculation on our part, we've had no confirmation of any of these points from official sources.

Read the 10: http://www.gamesradar.com/f/metal-gear-sol...030516328218076

I really hope to see a bundle for UK, I would certainly pick one up. (Y)

Also just a question for those who have played MGS1, 2 and 3 - will you make use of the 'flashback' feature in the cutscenes?

I really hope to see a bundle for UK, I would certainly pick one up. (Y)

Also just a question for those who have played MGS1, 2 and 3 - will you make use of the 'flashback' feature in the cutscenes?

Probably yeah.

No doubt the flashbacks are remastered in HD - Not as good as MGS4 cutscenes, but still better.

The story is that great, its worth watching flashbacks :p

Basically, if they talk about something that happened in previous games, you'll be able to hit a button (I'm somewhat guessing R1) during the particular cutscene and you'll probably be taking "back", seeing the flashback to refresh your memory.

I probably won't be using it though, as I have been playing MG1, MG2, MGS1 through MGS3 for the past months and have finished everything again and have watched all cutscenes - it's pretty fresh in my mind now, so I don't think I will use it as I'm probably to psyched to just play :p

http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=26004

15 min english demo.

Well it's actually an old demo, might be from last year, and I think it's on PSN - However I don't know if the old one is narrated in English?

The 15min. Hideo Kojima MGS4 Gameplay demonstration is on the PS Store I have it downloaded on my PS3. I watch it at least a few times a week :) It is narrated in English :)

The 15min. Hideo Kojima MGS4 Gameplay demonstration is on the PS Store I have it downloaded on my PS3. I watch it at least a few times a week :) It is narrated in English :)

Yeah it gets me pumped! :D

I might go download, I assume you can get it in 1080? :woot:

Yeah it gets me pumped! :D

I might go download, I assume you can get it in 1080? :woot:

I think its only in 720p. IF you click view all all in the PS Store then look for Metal Gear Solid 4 it will be under there. :)

How dare this hit page 2 :p

Here's some more news - Looks like JAP bundle has a limited edition PS3!

? MGS 4 (PS3)

- MGS 1 will be released at PSN soon. It will be playable on the PSP as well.

- Normal edition will cost 8800 Yen, Special Edition 9800 and the bundle 51,800 Yen.

mgs4.jpg

mgs42.jpg

Source: http://akayuki.com/2008/03/18/weekly-famit...fo-and-scans-3/

Konami Ships Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection for the Playstation 2

Konami Digital Entertainment sends word that they have shipped Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection for the Playstation 2 today. If you are missing a game or two, the $29.99 price tag is worth it.

Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. today announced Metal Gear Solid ?: The Essential Collection for the PlayStation?2 computer entertainment system has shipped to retailers nationwide. Featuring the original Metal Gear Solid for the PlayStation game console, the director's cut of Metal Gear Solid 2 and Metal Gear Solid 3, fans and newcomers have the chance to get fully immersed in the Metal Gear Solid universe before the release of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. Additionally, the title comes in a commemorative package with artwork by renowned Metal Gear Solid artist Yoji Shinkawa.

"The Metal Gear Solid series created a unique stealth action genre within videogames, and subsequently became one of the most popular game franchises in the world," said Anthony Crouts, Vice President of Marketing for Konami Digital Entertainment Inc. "Now gamers have the chance to experience the evolution of a groundbreaking series in one collectible package. Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection is an amazing value for gamers.

Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection is rated M for Mature by the ESRB and sells for a suggested retail price of $29.99. For more information visit the website at www.konami.com.

Source: http://www.gametactics.com/?view=article&article=1598

^ picking my copy up tomorrow, along with the new hot shots golf. also got rainbow six vegas 2 coming in from gamefly. gonna be a busy but fun weekend for me. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Whoa, is it playable, PIIIIIICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol not yet. it's actually the pre-order bonus for MGS4. that's the metal gear saga dvd, which is basically a way to catch up to the series, and on the left is the paper with the code to download the MGO beta. the download will be available on the 17th of april, and the beta starts on the 21st.

There's not one retail store here participating in the pre-order action as well :( which makes me really sad... I really wanted to play it and was willing to shell out cash