DVI vs HDMI vs DisplayPort

Which one of these technologies do you favour as a dominating one in the near future for the PC market?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Which Format?

• HDMI
    • DVI
    • DisplayPort

i personally still prefer dvi d. hdmi just isn't mature yet for pc's it seems, and display port seems to be mainly pushed by apple and outside of that ecosphere you don't see alot of hardware supporting it(amd video cards are the exception here-but it's mainly used for eyefinity, which is a pretty high end set up.)

as for these even newer ports and cables, omg isn't hte a/v cable segment oversaturated enough right now? it's getting to be worse than the 90s with a mess of I/O ports on teh backs of our PCs. we need USB type standard for video on PCs to simplyfy and future proof things into one backwards compatable connector. dvi d seems to do that job pretty well, and is wwidely supported by both video cards and monitors, and supports high resolutions, but display port might be a candidate to fill that role depending on certain things being improved that were mentioned after the necro itt(if they are true- they seem dubious)

HDMI is priced ridiculously high for a cable filling this role, and there's a lot of marketting spin involved as retailers try to push so called premium brand cables at outrageous prices. even the more reasonably priced cables are still overpriced imho. and hardware vendors seem shy about including these cables with their products, unlike DVI d or vga-to DVI adapters, which seem to come with everything in some combination or another.i've heard of big box stores showing diisplays allegedly showing low quality hdmi vs high quality hdmi with the high quality being connected to blu ray and hte low quality being connected to dvd. it's just absolutely ridiculous if true. never mind that HDMi is a standardized spec. going overspec is not going to really do anything if the hardware itself only transmits and receives and outputs to spec.

all of this just add confusion and uncertainty to teh average consumer when they go to buy new products.