What is the best/fastest torrent client for Vista?

I tried to run a few Torrent clients on my wireless Vista computer but its very slow and im thinking it either has something to do with the wireless network or maybe i have to adjust some settings in the clients but i am not sure. Does anyone know which Torrent client is the fastest on Vista and how i can speed it up?

utorrent with port open does best for me over ethernet in vista. remember torrent speeds vary not by network only but also by seeds and peers and stuff.

Dont you have to configure the settings.... and i know that there are a few patches for XP which speed up the DL's by like 100% and more. I couldnt find anything for Vista.

Log in to your wireless router and set it to the highest possible speed, ie. 11mbps or 54mpbs or whatever your choises are. That made my torrents get better speed on my wireless computer. And of course, open ports/port helps.

atlef.

I recommend either ?Torrent or BitTorrent which are both good torrent clients. It's possible that the torrent ports aren't open on your router. Go here and select your router from the list. Then simply follow the on screen guide complete with screenshots. It's quite easy.(Y))

Bittorrent bought utorrent, IIRC, so I'm guessing it might be the same thing. =P

I get impressive speeds with utorrent on a vista box for some reason (faster than all xp boxes here). So far I've dismissed it to the fact that DL's go faster in the morning.

I recommend either ?Torrent or BitTorrent which are both good torrent clients. It's possible that the torrent ports aren't open on your router. Go here and select your router from the list. Then simply follow the on screen guide complete with screenshots. It's quite easy.(Y))

I still dont understand it, i got my static ip but it says to fill in for a DNS preferred and alternative addresses and i cant tell which one is which since it doesnt say it when i type the command.

I didnt know that port forwarding on Vista would be so complicated, i input my ip address ...etc then i click ok and then close. As i click close i get a crash and a blue screen saying there was an error. Im about to give up on this, even though it says its not so hard i cannot finish setting up my static ip.

Im really getting frustrated with utorrent, i get 20kb's for one file and 2kb's for another....

240949619.png

It's not uTorrent, it's your port forwarding on the router that hasn't been done or exclusion for the port in Windows firewall (if that's what you're using) that's at fault.

Offtopic. What's with the Grim Reaper?