Windows XP SP3 Twice as Fast as Windows Vista – Leaves Vista SP1 in t

OfficeBench huh, thats their metric to make such a sweeping general claim? Though it is important to note that 'throwing memory' at it accomplishes little once you have the base needs of the OS satisfied which has roughly doubled with each incarnation of windows.

http://www.xpnet.com/iworldtest/

Win95b+Office97 would beat them although it isn't listed, note that their numbers still show that Win2K+Office2000 are the optimal setup. How many XP freaks are gonna downgrade and throw-in with the 2k holdouts? Have fun with that.

I'll stick with Vista+07. All these Vista haters are as emotional as Mac users.

I think when people are more comfortable with Vista and start tweaking it to the degree people tweak XP to, you might find Vista will be faster than XP - since it's designed for more modern hardware and newer drivers will be released for the system over time.

XP use bitmap to render the desktop and Vista use DX10 GPU to render. One of the reason why XP runs faster. XP is using older techniques. Its part of life. DOS runs faster than OSX, VISTA, XP and WIN95 combine. (Dont know if that true)

Vista is still slower in gaming then XP. Vista will never catch up with XP because by the time that happens Windows 7 is going to be released...so Vista is going to be just a history.

Vista is totally not intuitive OS and i get so tired of having extra click or two for everything i do. Vista design is badly done...it's just unacceptable.

If I recall everyone was flipping out about XP being a resource hog, incompatible with lots of devices, very insecure with the firewall being a joke, useless preschool-like-color. Then, wow, wouldn't you know.. a few years after release, XP was a-okay in everyone's mind; after people got new PC's or upgrades, people bought new devices or manufacturers made drivers, security was improved with a ramped-up firewall following the service pack release, then the security center after the next service pack release, etc. etc.

XP was made in mind with machines circa 1999~2001 up to 2004. They didn't expect Vista to be delayed for so long..

XP still get the better performance out of the newest hardware then Vista. Simply XP is too good. They say newer hardware and Vista will be faster then XP. Not in this case. It showed actually opposite. XP is perfect for newer hardware and you still even better performence then on Vista. I'm using Vista for over a year, and i always have a feeling or better say my experience with Vista is like there is something chocking OS badly.

I posted in this thread earlier, and seeing that it has grown from 5 to 13 pages...

beating-a-dead-horse.gif

beating-a-dead-horse.gif

I'm sorry but thats what 50% of this discussion amounts to in the end.

Maybe when you do use Vista, and not just look at the "oh so beatiful" glass windows maybe you'll know what the "clowns" experienced...

Look at my sig, smart guy.