[Xbox] Whats the best modchip?

Ok i was looking into a Xbox Modchip, not sure what one to get, not knowing on what they can all do, i was thinking of a Matrix 1 no soldering !! :) but i dont think it can run Cd-r cd-rw well normal cd games.. u know when you back em up to cd :shifty: :unsure: hehehe.. and i know there is lots of Xbox people here so maybe some one can help me out :).. links, prices and wot they can do would be nice :)... thanx

-Groovedude

I got the matrix, and i am very happy with it. It all depends on the Xbox version though. First, find out what kind of cd-drive you have, and find out what version Xbox you have, too. Post it back here, and i will be able to help a little more.

Here's SOME things you can do with a modchip:

• Play downloaded games via the harddrive(you need a network to do this, or connect the Xbox to the pc somehow)
  • Play downloaded games via a DVD-R/DVD-RW/CD-RW/CD-R -- THIS ALL DEPENDS ON THE TYPE OF CD PLAYER YOU HAVE AND WHAT THE SIZE OF THE GAME YOU DOWNLOADED IS(sometimes they are CD-Rips that will fit on a normal CD-R or CD-RW)
  • Play games over the internet via xbconnect(You will need a network to do this) You can also play some games like Halo online, that normally cant be played with Xbox Live
  • Watch movies with the large ammount of media players out there

x2 if you can solder, If not get a matrix.

also as sp0rk said you need to know your xbox version, Installing a matrix can be a bitch on a 1.1

as for the cdr(w) issues, it all depends on your dvd-rom in your xbox.

I recommend selling the original xb hdd and installing a bigger one. By ripping games onto your HDD. Also its recommended to apply a cooling mod if you do this. or another solution is to use a pc dvd-rom.

head over to xbox scene for guides and tutorials.

:)

I got the matrix, and i am very happy with it. It all depends on the Xbox version though. First, find out what kind of cd-drive you have, and find out what version Xbox you have, too. Post it back here, and i will be able to help a little more.

Here's SOME things you can do with a modchip:

• Play downloaded games via the harddrive(you need a network to do this, or connect the Xbox to the pc somehow)
  • Play downloaded games via a DVD-R/DVD-RW/CD-RW/CD-R -- THIS ALL DEPENDS ON THE TYPE OF CD PLAYER YOU HAVE AND WHAT THE SIZE OF THE GAME YOU DOWNLOADED IS(sometimes they are CD-Rips that will fit on a normal CD-R or CD-RW)
  • Play games over the internet via xbconnect(You will need a network to do this) You can also play some games like Halo online, that normally cant be played with Xbox Live
  • Watch movies with the large ammount of media players out there

i dont have a mod chip and can play halo online via xbconnect :whistle:

Xecuter 2 Pro is the best mod chip for xbox as of the time i am posting you also get a pogo pin adaptor for it if you dont want to solder (DO NOT GET A MATRIX)

and you dont need a mod chip to play online with xbconnect you would play over xbconnect the same way you would with a modchip in :rolleyes: