Play Up Pompey

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

We beat Man Utd in the FA Cup. ?We are going to Wembley into the semis!!!!!!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

HAVE IT

I'm a neutral fan, and it is great to see that we may have a team outside of the top 4 winning the Fa cup for once, BUT:

The way in which it happens is a disgrace to the competition -

Dodgyish penalty, there was contact, but the contact was baros kicking the goalkeeper in the head and going down.

Red Card? With Rooney already on the line, and Anderson coming across to tackle - no way in a million years its a red card.

The most obvious, blatent, and unbelievably non penalty decision (although there's been a few this season) given in Pompey's favour at the beginning of the match. The referee looking straight at it, Distin had no intent to go for the ball, it wasn't shoulder to shoulder..can't understand at all how he didn't give it.

So, congrats to Pompey, your team worked hard, you kept Man U quiet in the second half, but the referee was wearing a pompey kit under his referee kit!

Congrats to Pompey, luck was on their side... but i won't take anything away from the defence which played amazingly well.

But does that mean the fans will eventually shutup about 1939 and "retaining the FA CUP for the longest period" or now are they going to get alot worse?

Cause i'll have to say well away from Liquid and Walkabout in Portsmouth if they do cause thats all they ever go on about and it does my nut in!

Yes I also have a soft spot for Man Utd, however pompey come first!

I felt the man utd sending off was a bit harsh, but rooney and anderson doing the defending? COME ON. I like players who track back, but where were was the proper defence. It wouldn't have been so bad but Anderson pointed for Rooney to move yet kept the gap. They were both taken out with one pass. I felt Baros was better up front then Kanu. At one point Baros nearly worked a one on one but him and Har' where having a tussle.

Cause i'll have to say well away from Liquid and Walkabout in Portsmouth if they do cause thats all they ever go on about and it does my nut in!

I love Liquid, best nightclub that is close to my Uni I reckon. We have a Walkabout by us as well, and it is really good for watching the footy because it has a terrace.

Liquid in portsmouths the only good place to go really, but after 9 monthsish its gettnig a bit repetative haha, and the Walkabout, amazing, but they hardly ever show sporting events properly, i mean, they have it on screens and such,but today the management allowed them to putit on a big screen and i think it was one of the first times theyve done that for a premiership game. which is really weird. oh well!

3-0 woop :p

Go Barnsley. Don't support them, but they are down the road from me.

@ Rappy - the guy in your sig dropped his phone

Go Barnsley. Don't support them, but they are down the road from me.

@ Rappy - the guy in your sig dropped his phone

Yeah he heard about Chelsea losing :laugh:

I think it is amazing than NONE of the top four will be in the FA Cup Semi Final's...I mean that is such a remarkable achievement and a testament to English football.

...and I don't feel so bad about losing to Barnsley now ;)

I think it is amazing than NONE of the top four will be in the FA Cup Semi Final's...I mean that is such a remarkable achievement and a testament to English football.

...and I don't feel so bad about losing to Barnsley now ;)

Yeah the glory is back in the cup! I would love Barnsley to win it! but theres still 4 more teams vying for the semi final places!

It would be good for a lower division team to win it. All too often it is one of the main 4-8 top teams in ther finals. It is much better to have others there. It could even be a league one (3rd division) team that wins.

Go Pompey! Thanks alot! After 4-0 win against Arsenal all Man Utd fans were gloating and now it is over!

Also... congrats to Barnsely! Their biggest win ever!

On any other day, United could have one 5 or 6 nil. Just one of the those days I guess. The fact that Kuzcsak got sent off and we had to put Rio in goal summed it up.

Luck wasn't on our side, and it looked to be Pompey's day.

What I can't seem to realize is why after a performance like this, the pundits glorify their so called great defensive performance. James was class as usual, but like I said on another day, we could have won by many, many goals if our finishing is up to scratch.

My hatred for Pompey is strengthened, and hoping that Cardiff or Barnsley can win the Cup.

On any other day, United could have one 5 or 6 nil. Just one of the those days I guess. The fact that Kuzcsak got sent off and we had to put Rio in goal summed it up.

Luck wasn't on our side, and it looked to be Pompey's day.

What I can't seem to realize is why after a performance like this, the pundits glorify their so called great defensive performance. James was class as usual, but like I said on another day, we could have won by many, many goals if our finishing is up to scratch.

My hatred for Pompey is strengthened, and hoping that Cardiff or Barnsley can win the Cup.

You hate a club because they beat you? Figures, you are a Man Utd fan.. from Leicester? :rofl:

Nah, just don't like the way they play, never have to be honest. Like Bolton. Suppose they have no alternative, just would like more entertainment from them you know.

Yes, from Leicester, but not a fanboy, I can acknowledge that we played pretty damn bad too. Finishing was very off the mark. Also very frustrating after nothing goes your way in a match when you're creating chances.