Super Smash Bros Brawl - Discussion

I personally think SSBB is a really fun game, although I did have to tweak the controlls a it for wiimote / numchuck before i could get used to it (defaults are kinda bad imho.) What does everyone else think of this game?

Using Gamecube controllers is the only way to play, nunchuk and wiimote suck. The game is pretty fun though, they did an excellent job on the graphics.

Using Gamecube controllers is the only way to play, nunchuk and wiimote suck. The game is pretty fun though, they did an excellent job on the graphics.

I was about to ask this question. Is that true?! :o

I've played with my wife tonight using wiimote and it wasn't that bad. Something to note however, I don't own gamecube controller so I can't tell if the gameplay is better or not using the gamecube controler

Bought it today, played it for about 5 hours. My fingers were numb from the mashing, I love SSBB. Touched online for a bit, but I just love how there is so much stuff to get in single player.

Sadly, I couldn't pick mine up today. I have a friend that is willing to let me borrow some of his Gamecube controllers...in return for letting him play some. :D

The game is alright, its not a huge leap in the SSB history at all though. I was really expecting more. The online play (havent tried it due to nobody connecting to me) seems weak, like most of the Wii's online stuff. The buddy codes are annoying, and I wish they had a more 'centralized' place to choose/find opponents via an ingame broswer

The game is alright, its not a huge leap in the SSB history at all though. I was really expecting more. The online play (havent tried it due to nobody connecting to me) seems weak, like most of the Wii's online stuff. The buddy codes are annoying, and I wish they had a more 'centralized' place to choose/find opponents via an ingame broswer

Oh, that's probably coming. Haven't you heard Nintendo talk about its upcoming pay for online service/extra features?

Bought it, so far using the GC controller felt a bit sluggish, and either I am just awesome, or the Hard difficulty level is wicked easy. I'm also kind of half-and-half on the stages. I love how huge they are, but on my 27" TV trying to find my player when all 4 of us are spread out is a task

DAMN IT!!

for some reason I had on my calendar that Brawl was coming out on the 10th... not the 9th...

:cry:

I'm gonna swing by Best Buy and Circuit City tomorrow morning before I drive up to school in hopes that they still have at least ONE copy

so does anyone know exactly what is in the system update that it performs when you put the game in.

I got the game last night finally around 12:30. I played with my roommate until about 7:30. I then proceded to get about 3 hours of sleep. I woke up, started playing again. He woke up an hour later, we began playing together again... Some friends came over, etc. etc.

The Subspace Emissary is quite long, and I was impressed with it. We've got a lot left to unlock, but overall, I love it.

I got it about 24 hours ago, and we've put something like 18 hours into it already. I really need to go to bed.

I need to get myself a gamecube controller, tried it without one and it sucked.

I was actually quite impressed with how the Wiimote + Nunchuk scheme works. I've adopted it as my main controller.

One or two buttons need some tweaking, but that's easily accomplished.

I bought a classic controller for some of the downloadable games (Street Fighter II) and it works well with SSBB. Going to try with my GC controller next.

Well got mine today, a friend brought his wii (since I don't have one :D... yet) over. We played for like 6 hours non-stop. GREAT game, the sp is just cool with the Subspace Emissary, a nice spin-off from melee's story mode. But most of the smashing we did was on brawl mode, 2 friends (1 wiimote, 1 wiimote+nunchuck and a wavebird) plus 1 comp on lvl 9.

I tried the single wii-mote mode, it sucked, it was barely playable (for me at least). Wiimote + nunchuck, is almost the same as using the gamecube controller, I actually found it to be easy to use, you just need to learn the button placement or change it until you're cool with it.

Bought it launch day, but come on Nintendo...you had to see it coming. So many people and they don't even prepare servers for the load so matching without FCs is down :(

So you can use the gamecube controller to play the new smash bros?!

So you can use the gamecube controller to play the new smash bros?!

yup. IMO, that's the only way to play this game.

picked mine up yesterday and played a ton with my brother, then went online and played with a couple buddies. good times. :D

picked mine up yesterday and played a ton with my brother, then went online and played with a couple buddies. good times. :D

yeah it's how i am playing the game with a wavebird...

Sonic is amazingly fun.

i wanna get him...

Awesome!!

UK here, waiting AGES for this game :(