Windows Vista x64 Boot Camp on Macbook...

Is there an application which can optimize my macbook's power consumption in windows vista? It lasts 2 hours with wifi on - 4 hours in OSX

I even put it in power saver mode but it doesn't seem to change battery life...

Brightness is on minimum too

Anyone having the same problem?

Vista is a dog when it comes to power, so every mobile user has the same issue. My cousin only got 40 minutes with Vista and two and a half hours with XP.

Now he's seen my MacBook with four hours he'll be converting soon.

Long story short dude, you lucked out, Run XP, it does everything the same, just faster

Vista is a dog when it comes to power, so every mobile user has the same issue. My cousin only got 40 minutes with Vista and two and a half hours with XP.

Long story short dude, you lucked out, Run XP, it does everything the same, just faster

That's actually not quite true.

I've found Vista's power management to be better than XP's.

With XP on my laptop, I'd get four hours of battery life. With Vista, I'd get four hours twenty minutes.

As for the original posters problem, open the reliability and performance monitor, and see what speed your processor is running at.

Yeah, that's why my Dell Inspiron E1405 that runs Vista Ultimate with Aero Glass gets over six hours of battery life.