New Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Screens

This also was another reason for me to pick up a ps3. Just need to get some dualshocks before it gets here. (Last-gen feature, not needed in next-gen huh Sony, :@)

And offline multiplayer! As it should... Guess at least someone learned an valueble lession (Motorstorm! Burnout!). GT allows me to actually have real-life friends :o

There's just one thing I don't get about this game... they make really nice looking cars, but then the environment is complete crap.

It's like some frankenstein with parts from 1996 and 2008.

They should ditch those billboard trees and grass.

A friend of mine is on the new beta team, he says at this stage, GT5 is seriously sucking balls.

We're hoping for marked improvements before release.

Upside is that he says that Home is coming on great, which, to be honest, Im looking forward to more than this.

Hey forster

Is he in the UK? If so, all that I am aware of (considering I am in the Beta for Sony) is that GT5:Prologue is being tested (aswell as HOME).

Nothing has been mentioned of testing Gran Turismo 5 yet, so I think your friend will be testing GT5:P.

I would of tested it too, but I got the Japanese Version of GT5:P so wasn't too fussed, and also the fact I replied to the email sent out late didnt help :p

There's just one thing I don't get about this game... they make really nice looking cars, but then the environment is complete crap.

It's like some frankenstein with parts from 1996 and 2008.

They should ditch those billboard trees and grass.

I think thats why I made the comparison with Forza 2, Yes the cars look nice, but the environments look very....PS2ish...or something. I was sad to see the same stretch of track from Gran Turismo Concept which just looks horrid.

GT5vsReality-03-08-2.jpg

This is replay mode, which does look better, but if you're a car enthusiast you're going to be spending a lot of time watching replays of this quality :D

As I said earlier photo mode is going to be great in GT5 if they add it (Y)

And people wonder why GT takes time :p

1316_0002.jpg

Edited by Audioboxer

Geez, if anything GT5 looks too perfect to be real from those comparisons :p The only real problem with the GT5 screenshots is that the cars are sometimes too shiny... They need to make them slightly less reflective. All the cars look like they're as shiny as a mirror :p

Geez, if anything GT5 looks too perfect to be real from those comparisons :p The only real problem with the GT5 screenshots is that the cars are sometimes too shiny... They need to make them slightly less reflective. All the cars look like they're as shiny as a mirror :p

Shiny cars... the next in-game bloom :laugh:

hey do you guys think releasing GT5P, will hurt the sales for the final GT5? GT5P is almost a full game, after you play the hell out of it, are you really going to spend another 59 for a few extra tracks and cars?(i know theres more then that)...

and what about all those people who dont follow game info online, see gt5p in the stores for the first time and buy it...then later on they see another gt5, i doubt there gonna buy it again... i dunno i cant wait for it, ill definitly buy it, but the whole thing just seems odd to me

hey do you guys think releasing GT5P, will hurt the sales for the final GT5? GT5P is almost a full game, after you play the hell out of it, are you really going to spend another 59 for a few extra tracks and cars?(i know theres more then that)...

and what about all those people who dont follow game info online, see gt5p in the stores for the first time and buy it...then later on they see another gt5, i doubt there gonna buy it again... i dunno i cant wait for it, ill definitly buy it, but the whole thing just seems odd to me

People saying it's a "demo" with not enough to justify a purchase, and others saying it's got "soo much in it", that there may be no need to purchase GT5.

:p

I know what you're getting at though but no, we'll still have a wait for GT5 meaning you aren't purchasing two copies within months. There will also be a ton more cars in GT5, more features, damage and a large sponsership from Top Gear. I hope photo mode is also in GT5.

The UK love top gear, and I think some people would pick up GT5 hands down due to the fact the test track from top gear is in it :D

People who buy GT5P will buy GT5. People who want to buy GT5, will buy GT5P. It's as simple as that, if you complain your an idiot. If you want to play Gran Turismo on your PS3 now then suck it up and buy the Prologue like I will. If you want to wait god knows how long, then wait and stop complaining...

btw i don't mean to aim this at anyone individually just a random thought lol

People who buy GT5P will buy GT5. People who want to buy GT5, will buy GT5P. It's as simple as that, if you complain your an idiot. If you want to play Gran Turismo on your PS3 now then suck it up and buy the Prologue like I will. If you want to wait god knows how long, then wait and stop complaining...

btw i don't mean to aim this at anyone individually just a random thought lol

Yeah, thanks for all of that but I highly doubt I will get GT5 if I buy GT5P. So yeah... :sleep:

Continuing the discussion earlier about this being a big PS franchise,

Gran Turismo Franchise: 47 Million Sold World Wide

With more than 47 million units sold worldwide, the award-winning Gran Turismo? franchise for the PlayStation?, PlayStation?2 and PLAYSTATION?3 is regarded as the best and most authentic driving simulation ever created due to its true-to-life graphics, physics and real-life cars and tracks. Since the inception of the Gran Turismo franchise, famed creator Kazunori Yamauchi and Polyphony Digital Inc. in Japan have revolutionized the racing category as we know it today. His offerings provide the gamer with the most true-to-life driving simulation within the industry and a unique medium for motor manufacturers to showcase their products.

Source: http://n4g.com/industrynews/News-123377.aspx

The UK love top gear, and I think some people would pick up GT5 hands down due to the fact the test track from top gear is in it :D

Thats pretty much my reason for getting it :p I wish they put the top gear track in GT5P

I mentioned that they would be putting the top gear track in GT5 to a friend, ive never seen such shock and inner joy at the same time.

1-2 days and he bought a Ps3 in anticipation of Prologue, and he cant wait for GT5.

Borrowed from neogaf's thread on GT5:P (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=250555)

Audi R8 (Forza 2):

http://i28.tinypic.com/k9jh3p.jpg

Audi R8 (GT5:P)

http://i30.tinypic.com/erd9ax.jpg

I'd say that GT5 stands up pretty well to Forza 2 (and yes I have Forza 2).

The actual gameplay pics don't look much better though. And really, that's the part that matters.

No joke.

You must be joking because Forza 2 and GT5:P look alot different (with GT5:P looking alot better), I aint a fanboy and I can say that GT5:P looks much better visually than Forza 2, In-Game & Replays.

And yes I own both GT5:P & Forza 2.

You must be joking because Forza 2 and GT5:P look alot different (with GT5:P looking alot better), I aint a fanboy and I can say that GT5:P looks much better visually than Forza 2, In-Game & Replays.

And yes I own both GT5:P & Forza 2.

I'll take your word for it as I don't have GT:P, but from those pics, in game it has a bit more AA than Forza. That's about it. Replays look a lot better though.

People saying it's a "demo" with not enough to justify a purchase, and others saying it's got "soo much in it", that there may be no need to purchase GT5.

:p

I know what you're getting at though but no, we'll still have a wait for GT5 meaning you aren't purchasing two copies within months. There will also be a ton more cars in GT5, more features, damage and a large sponsership from Top Gear. I hope photo mode is also in GT5.

According to Sony, Photo mode is in Prologue :woot:

post-44573-1205653550.jpg

Source for that here. However, it could be a lie so take that with a grain of salt.

Also the Ferrari F2007 is in Prologue as well :)

post-44573-1205653073.jpg

post-44573-1205653655.jpg

post-44573-1205653670.jpg

Source for that is here. The more I read up about this "demo" the more I want it :happy: damn I wish March 27th would hurry up!!

EDIT: I actually have my doubts that Photo Mode is in Prologue now, I think the site is telling lies. It says 30 cars in the summary and 40 cars in the article itself, could just be a simple misprint (most plausible) or us Aussies are getting really screwed over this time :( (I really hope the Aussie version hasn't been cut down!)

Edited by Xerxes

You gotta be kidding me if you think this doesn't look much better than forza2, in-game or not!

Also, no one's mentioned that GT5:P is doing it all in 1080P (though most know)! How's that for technically superior?

Anyways, I do agree the tracks/environment needs work. Though I can't blame them for focusing on the cars a tad bit more... I'd Imagine any car nut would. The F1 car sealed the deal for me, now just hoping for a twisted track like the old monte carlo (cote'd azur?).

You gotta be kidding me if you think this doesn't look much better than forza2, in-game or not!

Also, no one's mentioned that GT5:P is doing it all in 1080P (though most know)! How's that for technically superior?

Anyways, I do agree the tracks/environment needs work. Though I can't blame them for focusing on the cars a tad bit more... I'd Imagine any car nut would. The F1 car sealed the deal for me, now just hoping for a twisted track like the old monte carlo (cote'd azur?).

Actually, it upscales one of the two dimensions :p not sure which

I think its the width