[Europe] GT Prologue Pre-orders Reach One Million

Geekpulp talks to Sony about the sales figures for GT Prologue and whether they thought the online version would outsell the hard copy on Blu-Ray Disc. They expressed their surprise at the popularity of War Hawk as downloadable software and said that they anticipated GT to receive an even warmer welcome when it comes out later this month.

Also mentioned in the conversation was that the pre-order figures for the SCEE regions show orders already at one million. Making the PS3?s first pre release Platinum title.

Source: http://n4g.com/ps3/News-123363.aspx

Us Europeans love our car:woot:t:

WOW... Didn't GT4P sell just over a million? 1 million pre-orders just in Europe... Not to mention this is the first time a Prologue has come to America.

GT5P is getting very popular. The full GT5 could be more popular then other GT games if they do it right...

I'm most likely not getting this game. Maybe when the full version comes out, but I've played the Japanese demo of it and I'm not really into the racing simulator games. I did buy GT3 back in the PS2 days, but I'm not sure I can handle the controls in this game.

Will Prologue be like a standard GT game but with less cars and less tracks. I really enjoy doing the licenses and building up a collection of cars, but wondered if you can actually do this in Prologue?

I think Nintendo finally has its older rival back ;) 1 Million pre-orders is HUGE. Isn't it as big as the Halo 3 pre-orders?
I say wait until they share some of the MGS4 pre-order numbers ;)