Windows Vista SP1 Hits Windows Auto Update

Vista doesn't even show up on Windows Update for me. I tried the stand a lone player, and it always fails right at the end. I checked the web site, and it said I might have unsupporting languages (only english and japanese) or I might not have the recommended updates. Under my history, it shows I do have them installed.

Now that SP1 standalone is officially released, when will there be a guide to slipstream it into the DVD?

Not possible, Microsoft didnt leave any provision to integrate the standalone versions to the existing Windows Vista DVD.. instead of that one must have to get Windows Vista SP1 DVD directly from Microsoft :( Some USD 16 I guess :(

I've been checking Windows Update all evening, and still no sign of SP1; using Ultimate x64. I think it has to do with the fact my laptop has Conexant High Definition sound drivers.

Why would it be because of that mate?

Because this:

You may be curious about which device drivers were causing issues with SP1. (I certainly was.) The list includes certain versions of five audio drivers (RealTek AC'97, two versions of SigmaTel, Creative Audigy, and Conexant HD Audio), two biometric fingerprint sensors (AuthenTec and UPEK), Intel Display, a Texas Instruments Smart Card Controller, the Sierra Wireless AirCard 580 with the Watcher.exe application, and the Symantec software driver for the Symantec Endpoint Protection and Symantec Network Access Control clients. The complete list is available on the Microsoft Knowledge Base.

And this:

Audio drivers

[....]

Conexant HD Audio

? For x86-based computers: Chdart.sys - version 4.32.0.0 or earlier

? For x64-based computers: Chdart64.sys - version 4.32.0.0 or earlier

I ran Windows Update, and it said there were updates to the driver, but I checked the version, and it was 4.15.0.0.

For those that can't update via Windows Update because of 'blacklisted' drivers: uninstall driver, reboot, check WU and install SP1, reinstall driver. I did this for my Audigy 2 ZS without any trouble (your milage may vary!).

Will MS make these drivers compatible or is it up to us to track down the problem? I tried removing my Creative driver and rebooting, but still can't get the update.

Well if you have sigmatel blacklisted and you have an older dell (the comp here at work is a dimmension 9100) i was able to use the updated drivers for another pc (dimmension 9200) with no problems. Dell has a habit of releasing updated drivers that apply to a whole bunch of systems but not listing them under all the supported systems.

Will MS make these drivers compatible or is it up to us to track down the problem? I tried removing my Creative driver and rebooting, but still can't get the update.

I thought it was up to the manufacturer of the device(s) in question to make drivers compatible with Vista (sp1). Not Microsoft's job.

I have tried to install via Windows Update and downloaded from the MS site however i keep getting the same message that the install has failed !

I have tried to install via Windows Update and downloaded from the MS site however i keep getting the same message that the install has failed !

I have the same damn problem now it actually install the whole package then it will revert back to its original state WTF!!

Well if you have sigmatel blacklisted and you have an older dell (the comp here at work is a dimmension 9100) i was able to use the updated drivers for another pc (dimmension 9200) with no problems. Dell has a habit of releasing updated drivers that apply to a whole bunch of systems but not listing them under all the supported systems.

So if I go download the driver for the 9200 and install it, I wont have a problem? I havent put sp1 on yet (got it from connect) but plan on it sometime this week.