I'm posting this from my Xbox :D

calm down, im sorry already :cry: silly_walk, where r u quoting from, i looked in the rules, and in the stuff about this, nowhere can i find ur quote: Please be aware that only Console related discussion is welcome in this forum section. Unwelcome comments/trolling questioning the intelligence or choice of Console users will be dealt with, without mercy.

yeh, soz 4 making such a bias quote, xbox linux is free yes, but i still like ps2, thats just my opinion, every1 is entitled to theit own, no matter how weird it may be, although a toaster, what games does that have:P

im sorry for making neowin an unfriendly place, how many warnings until i get banned? do warnings eva disappear?? :cry:

You don't need linux on your box for watching divx, mpeg, avi ect. only a modchip and a 80 Giga Hardrive an you go!!!! When somebody want i can pst pics!!!!

You don't need linux on your box for watching divx, mpeg, avi ect. only a modchip and a 80 Giga Hardrive an you go!!!! When somebody want i can pst pics!!!!

Heck, you don't even need an 80gb HD, you can use CD-R's and DVD-R's.

calm down, im sorry already :cry: silly_walk, where r u quoting from, i looked in the rules, and in the stuff about this, nowhere can i find ur quote

im sorry for making neowin an unfriendly place, how many warnings until i get banned? do warnings eva disappear?? :cry:

The quote is from the top of the Console Gamers subforum.

Warnings do not go away and there is no set limit of them. If people respect and follow the Rules and forum guidelines, then there is nothing to worry about.

calm down, im sorry already :cry: silly_walk, where r u quoting from, i looked in the rules, and in the stuff about this, nowhere can i find ur quote: Please be aware that only Console related discussion is welcome in this forum section. Unwelcome comments/trolling questioning the intelligence or choice of Console users will be dealt with, without mercy.

yeh, soz 4 making such a bias quote, xbox linux is free yes, but i still like ps2, thats just my opinion, every1 is entitled to theit own, no matter how weird it may be, although a toaster, what games does that have:P

There are certain ways to say things, and the way you stated it was begging to start a flame war...

Just read this on the Xbox Linux Project page--any truth to it?

Xbox Linux Project

It all depends on what type of drive you have. Most people that want to burn their things replace the original drive with a PC drive. That will read everything.

The original drive in the Xbox differs greatly. Some people can play CD-R's, some can play CD-RW's and some can only play one or two kinds of CD-RW's. Mine is the 'Thompson' drive, which is the one notorious for being picky. I can only play Memorex CD-RW's burned at 4x. Of course, if you have a home network, there is no use for burning things, just run them from the network.

As of now, you need to burn a boot CD to boot into the alternative dashboard, then you can replace the original Xbox dashboard with the one you want via FTP, and then you are set. If you want to install linux, I am pretty sure you have to boot from a Joliet(bootable) Linux CD. You can put any games on the harddrive, which is usually recomended. They are currently trying to figure out a way to stream the games over a network connection, so you don't have to store them on the harddrive.

Dude, I'm replying to you from my Casio Databank Watch!

Gonna try Colecovison next!

Seriously though, pretty cool :)

Edited by IgwanaRob

DUDE!!! I'm posting this from my Dishwasher!!! lol! :woot:

To be perfectlyt honest though, that is pretty freakin cool dude!

Prop! :laugh: :cool: :laugh:

• 4 weeks later...