Which TV to buy?

I'm going to buy a 42" HDTV. I'm buying it from Best Buy. These are my choices, with a Samsung thrown in. The price tops out at 1599$ - that's my limit.

My question is; which is these would do me well? Aquos I know has a good brand, Samsung as well. Value works best, though.

• Toshiba Regza 1080p 42" LCD HDTV** (42RV530U) -- 1499
  • Sharp Aquos 1080p 42" Widescreen LCD HDTV** (LC42D64U) -- 1599
  • LG 42" 1080p Widescreen LCD HDTV** (42LB5D) -- 1299
  • Samsung 40" 1080p Widescreen LCD HDTV** (LNT4061) -- 1599

These are this weeks specials.

When I was buying my Tv it was between a Bravia and Sharp Aquos.

Went with the Bravia in the end, but the sharp was nice!

I'd definitely narrow it down to Sharp/Samsung/Toshiba though, give the LG a pass.

Samsung or Sharp Aquos.. After Toshiba's fiasco with their older big screens, I'll never buy another.. Got the 57" Samsung and I love it.. Had a 40" Samsung last year and it was very nice as well.. My Cuz has a 42" Sharp and its just as nice.. The samsungs black = black..

Toshiba DLP I had was a big prob. They couldn't fix it after 2 years of maintenance and 3 replacements.. It was a software issue with that model in particular.. After that fun journey, bought the 40" Sammy as they gave my money back for the Toshiba (Leon's is awesome here in Canada for this kind of stuff)

LN-T5781FX - http://www.samsung.com/ca/consumer/detail/...d=LNT5781FX/XAA

I have a Sony 40" and it is awesome. But from your choices, I would say go for Sharp, last time I looked at their screens, the design wasnt the best but they have the best picture by far, so I would say Sharp all the way.

Another thing to consider however is the pixel warrenty, my Sony has a dead and stuck pixel and nothing will get done about it as according to Sony UK they will not replace unless there are 4pixels within 5mm of each other, or 10 overall, so be careful and check your pixel warrenty before you buy, as that stuck pixel on mine is f'ing annoying!!!