[Hosting] Need a new e-mail server

Question

Nightwind Hawk

Hi all,

I've been with webhost4life for 2 years and I've been extremely happy. However, last week they implented new spam features (greylist) in their e-mail servers which they cannot turn off for me, and it's causing me to loose almost 99% of my e-mails - even the real ones.

Can anybody recommend me an e-mail service prodider that is extremely reliable, fast, and has NO anti-spam methods I can't turn off? I would like to stay with webhost4life for hosting, but then I'll get my e-mails from another provider.

Thank you!

4 answers to this question

Frank

Do you have a Windows Mobile phone with a data plan? If so, I would look for a Shared Exchange provider. Push email is awesome.

I have heard FastMail.fm is a good service. You can also use Google for your email for free.

Moved Here

+BudMan

Your email must be from crap email servers then ;)

Grey listing is s temp block on the server if not seen before, according to the RFC they should try again in a short amount of time. Which would then allow your mail through.

I find it hard to believe that it would be blocking 99% of your email.. Delay it sure that could happen, but not a total block seems unlikely.

The nature of grey listing does not allow for turning it off for specific users, etc. But they should have a whitelisting method?? Where they could whitelist the servers you get mail from.

I could see how your mail might be delayed a bit with greylisting... But seems highly unlikely that 99% of legit mail would be blocked.

TurboTuna

Just let google handle your mail ;) More info Here

ehlo
I have heard FastMail.fm is a good service. You can also use Google for your email for free.

As a fastmail user for 2 years now I'd agree! :)